Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Briggggggggggggggggggggi

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    briggi wrote: »
    But no, they are both females of the species.

Like me and my twin :D:D.
  • Options
    Aw, how adorable. Please get them matching outfits from Topshop Mini. :hyper:
  • Options
    Oh yay! Girls are so much better than boys. Congratulations! :heart::heart:

You know it ;):D

I'm so pleased. Their health was and is my main priority/concern of course but the prospect of bringing up two young women is just the icing on the cake. I had a feeling it might be two boys for some reason, maybe because Stephen said he had "a feeling" (ha!) that that's what they'd be.

We can't wait to meet 'em now, anyway.

Franki I actually thought of you earlier this afternoon, I don't know any other girls who have a non-ID female twin!
  • Options
    they are gonna be so gorgeous, congrats briggi, yah girls are the best :D
  • Options
    Franki I actually thought of you earlier this afternoon, I don't know any other girls who have a non-ID female twin!

:D.

Can I come babysit when I'm at Uni :hyper:?
  • Options
    I'm really, really happy... cloud 9 is understating it. Can't really put it into words as I'm sure you know yourself. Especially hard to articulate since I seem to have turned into an emotional wreck and even burst into tears at the hospital because we couldn't see anything at first - then they started playing nice :)

Looking at that photo I actually see a girl and boy face, respectively, if I were to guess (and not know, obviously).

But no, they are both females of the species.

:thumb:

oh wow Briggi, thats brilliant brilliant brilliant. :D:D

Im so happy for you.

Are they sharing a placenta or seperate ones??
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    :D.

Can I come babysit when I'm at Uni :hyper:?

Haha. Watch out or I'll bite your hand off! Consider yourself pencilled in ;)

That is absolutely an offer you won't want to make good on once you hit the toon and wonder how you ever survived living elsewhere :D
  • Options
    I'm all broody now. There was a baby on the bus the other day and her older brother was pulling faces at her and she was laughing her head off. Soo cute! And there was a girl in the doctors today who looked just like i did when i was that little, and she was just going 'dadadadadadada' aaaw!
  • Options
    Haha. Watch out or I'll bite your hand off! Consider yourself pencilled in ;)

That is absolutely an offer you won't want to make good on once you hit the toon and wonder how you ever survived living elsewhere :D

Oooooh I will! I will make time ;p. I need the practice :razz:. You might have to teach me nappies though :o.

It worries me how I managed to never have to change Naomi's nappy when she was wearing them (for 3 years >.<) :|.
  • Options

Never mind that, will she be eating it? Thats what i wanna know.
  • Options
    course she will.
    if theres two she can have it like a big mac!
  • Options
    oh wow Briggi, thats brilliant brilliant brilliant. :D:D

Im so happy for you.

Thankee :D I'm happy for me too, and for you, and just happy in general :p

Oh and they have separate placentas, big relief as that's one less huge risk to worry about/be scanned for (TTTS).

Ballerina it's so sad to hear about your cousin losing one of her twins, I really can't imagine how that would feel. Will be exciting when you get to meet Charlie though, he'll be a lovely age at Christmas :D
  • Options
    course she will.
    if theres two she can have it like a big mac!

:lol:

I think we'll be burying them (the placentas, not the babies :p) soon as we can. T'other half wants to bury them with some books so we'll have smartypants kids, as per a tradition he witnessed when travelling. We shall see!
  • Options
    Thats a really nice idea.
    Write it in your birth plan though otherwise theyll just take it and incinerate it without asking.

Whos tradition was it? A maori girl told me in their culture they bury them and plant a tree over the top.
  • Options
    Didn't I say 2 girls :p hehe
    2 mini Briggis awwwww
  • Options
    Aw, how adorable. Please get them matching outfits from Topshop Mini. :hyper:
    Just had a look at Topshop Mini and this is a very disturbing.
  • Options
    Thats a really nice idea.
    Write it in your birth plan though otherwise theyll just take it and incinerate it without asking.

Whos tradition was it? A maori girl told me in their culture they bury them and plant a tree over the top.

I'm quite keen on the idea of planting the placenta(s) with a new tree (or new trees), I'd definitely go down that route if we had our own big garden where the girls could look after their own trees (OR ELSE :razz:).

Don't quote me on this, but I think he said that planting with books was a Filipino tradition.

Cheers for the birth plan heads up, I hadn't even thought of that. Have mentioned the idea of wanting to do something "hippified" (her words) with the placentas to my midwife though :)
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »
    Just had a look at Topshop Mini and this is a very disturbing.

Nah, thats no worse than most of the kids clothes from the 60s and 70s.

not much of a selection on there though is there. Cute stripey vests though

not as good as this site though
  • Options
    Woah, that "flames" short-sleeved body is so misguided. "Itching, burning sensation..." :lol:

The "Ants in your pants" nappies are too bloody cute though!

I have got to have the green and orange fairytale bodysuits, and any number of the stripey get-ups on there. They should consider themselves bought. Why did you have to show me that site, missus!?
  • Options
    LOL. I have been coveting nearly everything on that site for the last 3 months.
  • Options
    Awwww briggi, they are LOVELY. You'll make such an excellent mum. :)
  • Options
    Aww briggi :D I'm well chuffed for you!! :heart:
  • Options
    There are SO many gorgeous clothes for babies, especially baby girls :heart: They're everybloodywhere, you're spoilt for choice. I never got told off for my shopping habit before Madame came along and her wardrobe has been completely unrivalled in this house. :o Not bad for a 13 month old!

Congratulations again Briggi! Two little snuggly baby girls, awww!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Congrats once more :)
    I bet that will be a houseful when they're old enough to fight over dolls and pull each other's hair out :p
  • Options
    I want a baby in my belly :( Congratulations though briggi, i hope everything goes really well. xxx
  • Options
    Awww congrats, two baby girls is going to keep you busy ;) And i love going clothes shopping for baby girls...so many cute little outfits.

Good luck and keep us posted!
  • Options
    Another one well chuffed for ya Briggi! :D
  • Options
    so any prospective girls' names then? :D
  • Options
    Awww how lovely :D

Soooo do they have names yet, or are you going to decide when you meet them.
  • Options
    Briggi, are you going to be one of those sad people who dress their twins in exactly the same clothes all the time?