Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Redwatch

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Blagsta you're just antagonising him.

yep :D
  • Options
    Well remember there's more to gain from trying to change someone's opinions than simply having a go.
  • Options
    Nottmlad wrote: »
    Why are you so hung up the race issuie we talk less about it then anyone else.... i know the bnp are not perfect far from it there are some things they stand for that i dont but some of the stuff they stand for i do. The main one being they fly the flag of this country and proud of it and i know what you all think if you fly the flag of your country and im not talking about football that you must be a raicst and true i see someone flying a union jack out there window i do think he prob is abit of a racist but way it see it in this fucked up pc land we live in if you want to be proud of your country your seen as i racist and so be it. But like to say i have 2 cousins who are mixed race i dont want to see them packed up and sent out the country. Im fighting a losing battle here as im always going to be seen as the bad guy but i know there are lots more people out there are like minded who dont want to stand by and have to take all the crap about not offending other races and religions even though they can piss all over us and ours and you know it.
    Seeing that you're so proud of your country why don't you try and use its language correctly and learn to punctuate, please?
  • Options
    The trouble with Nottmlad is that he truly doesn't believe the BNP is a racist organisation at heart. Yes they might take on a token Asian or Jew, but their ultimate aim is to return the UK to a white British state. The only trouble is that the majority of the population is surprisingly tolerant of other races, and becoming more so with each generation. The BNP and other similar organisations realised some time ago that you can't base your political beliefs on race any more, Joe Public just won't go for it. So instead they pick other topics that really get to people and use them as their main points, in what seems to be an ever increasingly sucessful attempt to hide the truth from people like Nottmlad.
    It's clear from what he writes that he isn't racist, just that he's fallen for their talk of lower crime, a better NHS and more jobs, in much the same was as the Germans did in the 1920's. It's not entirely his fault, it's easy to see how the BNP is suckering people in, and it's something that needs to be addessed, because if they do get in it won't be long before they start blaming the problems with crime on the immigrants e.t.c. just like Hitler did when his power was secured.
  • Options
    Nottmlad - try these out. Working class politics without the racism
    The Independent Working Class Association has been established to promote and celebrate the political independence of the working class, and to pursue the political and economic interests of that class with no consideration for, and regardless of, the consequences to the existing political and economic structures.

http://www.iwca.info/about.htm
  • Options
    bluewisdom wrote: »
    Seeing that you're so proud of your country why don't you try and use its language correctly and learn to punctuate, please?

I hope you are not throwing stones in that beautiful glass house. ;)
  • Options
    What's wrong with the above? :confused:
  • Options
    seeker wrote: »
    I hope you are not throwing stones in that beautiful glass house. ;)

It's the correct form of its, as its is the possesive and it's is the abbreviation of it is.

;)
  • Options
    dv058002.jpg

;)
  • Options
    Most mosques are open to both genders. Still, a considerable minority don't allow women access.

surly that cant be allowied by law?
  • Options
    Territt wrote: »
    surly that cant be allowied by law?

You don't know what you've just started...
  • Options
    You don't know what you've just started...

what do you mean? i was jsut asking a question
  • Options
    Territt wrote: »
    what do you mean? i was jsut asking a question

I wasn't being negative. It's just there have been some pretty heated debates about religious freedoms in the past.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    It's the correct form of its, as its is the possesive and it's is the abbreviation of it is.

;)

I was always taught to use an apostrophe for the possesive.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    I was always taught to use an apostrophe for the possesive.

That's the case for nouns, but not for pronouns or noun plurals: its, theirs, yours, his etc.

The apostrophe is a tricky little blighter! :D
  • Options
    Has anyone set up a grammar-nazi watch? if not, they should :D
  • Options
    Has anyone set up a grammar-nazi watch? if not, they should :D

Yeah, they should have to sign on the grammar-nazi offenders register for six months.
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »
    The trouble with Nottmlad is that he truly doesn't believe the BNP is a racist organisation at heart. Yes they might take on a token Asian or Jew, but their ultimate aim is to return the UK to a white British state. The only trouble is that the majority of the population is surprisingly tolerant of other races, and becoming more so with each generation. The BNP and other similar organisations realised some time ago that you can't base your political beliefs on race any more, Joe Public just won't go for it. So instead they pick other topics that really get to people and use them as their main points, in what seems to be an ever increasingly sucessful attempt to hide the truth from people like Nottmlad.
    It's clear from what he writes that he isn't racist, just that he's fallen for their talk of lower crime, a better NHS and more jobs, in much the same was as the Germans did in the 1920's. It's not entirely his fault, it's easy to see how the BNP is suckering people in, and it's something that needs to be addessed, because if they do get in it won't be long before they start blaming the problems with crime on the immigrants e.t.c. just like Hitler did when his power was secured.

The BNP does a poor job of disguising its racist background. I remember watching a documentary they produced about London’s east end. It was hosted by an ex-NF member who talked openly about attending Skrewdriver concerts.
  • Options
    Ah, I didn't say they were doing a good job, anyone with eyes can see what they're really about. Unfortunately their target audience lives on a diet of tabloids and gameshows, so not too hard to fool.
  • Options
    ive seen quite a bit of BNP and ANL activism in this area and can honestly say when they have these ralleys they are just as bad as each other, fair enough one may stand for something which is more accepted by society but does that mean the way they go about it is allowable? god knows.

seen the redwatch site many years ago when it was on a flyer from a local demo. load of bollocks really.

and dont get me started on fucking animal rights activists, if they so bothered about the animals why dont they let us test on them instead.
  • Options
    That's the case for nouns, but not for pronouns or noun plurals: its, theirs, yours, his etc.

The apostrophe is a tricky little blighter! :D

Noun plurals' possessive apostrophes go on the end, with the s ellided.

I fail to see why people can't get it right.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote: »
    What's wrong with the above? :confused:

Read the schmuck`s post again.

Then decide who the yolk is on. ;)
  • Options

Never mind the "s", shall we say to hell with that second "l" ?

And how about noun plurals` possessive apostrophes with a word that ends in double "s" ?

Or proper nouns that end in double "s" ?

Maybe "given a choice man(woman) will choose a complicated route to life
    as opposed to a simple one."
    :D
  • Options

I fail to see why people can't get it right.

Yes, they do. But not noun plurals, as i stated. :D

I should have been clearer: "There are several dog's" is incorrect.
  • Options
    Yes, they do. But not noun plurals, as i stated. :D

I should have been clearer: "There are several dog's" is incorrect.

That's not even possesing anything though. We've taken this thread way O/T.

Namaste, did you tell your friend? I'm sure legally somewhere other people may have a difficult time publishing pictures of you without your permission, but again I could be wrong. But I'm sure if you were that bothered you could get some kind of court intervention asking them to take it down.

I'm not a legalese speaker though..
  • Options
    I opened my local paper today and got a stark reminder of what the BNP are about. Thankfully the authorities have dismissed his complaint, but it just shows you exactly the sort of people you're supporting if you support the BNP for whatever reason.
  • Options
    I particually liked the irony
    He says the BNP’s views are “very modern”.

when trying to use the Bill of Rights
    Mr Ashburner claimed the Iranian-born councillor is breaching the 1689 Bill of Rights.

It states: “And I do declare that no foreign prince, person, prelate, state or potentate hath or ought to have any jurisdiction, power, superiority, pre-eminence or authority, ecclesiastical or spiritual, within this realm.”
  • Options
    I particually liked the irony

when trying to use the Bill of Rights
    :lol: