Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Redwatch

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nottmlad wrote: »
    St. Geroge's day does anyone do anything for it on here?

St George wasn't British. Surely the BNP know that...?

Out of interest, neither is the Royal Family. Should DofE be repatriated to Greece and the Queen to Germany?
  • Options
    i dont believe any thing i read in any paper when it comes to politcs people can make there own mind up.
    So your suggestion that Christmas lights are being banned is based on personal experience then is it? And you personally were fined for having a St. Georges flag in your car? Or are your opinions based on reading right-wing crap, similar to that which you posted?
  • Options
    You link to a website called "Jihad Watch" and expect people to take it seriously? Come on, even the Daily Mail is more reputable than that. Equally, did they follow up the story, and find out what happened? Were there any council funded Christmas lights in Suffolk in Christmas 2005?

You know full well i did't follow up the story and find out what happend if i did who would believe me? I would think that where councils have cut down on lights are the ones where there is a dence population of other races, religions that are not of the christion way. Could say that well if they do no have christmas in there caldender then whats the problem but is this just the start only time will tell and could this happen in other coutrys and why is is countrys like italy have very strong rules on immagration and don't here about problem there is it that multiculturalism does not work and that no matter how hard we try as a country some religions and races do no get along.
  • Options
    St George wasn't British. Surely the BNP know that...?

Out of interest, neither is the Royal Family. Should DofE be repatriated to Greece and the Queen to Germany?

St. Geroge was turkish everyone man and his dog knows that. The Bristish people are not really from Britain there from i foget norway or somewere but we have been here for how many years and done been in wars to defend the country so think its ok to say that is belongs to us as a people. Someone is now going to say that your grandad did not fight a war agains the nazis for you to have views you have now that are no better ? Go on someone say it but the WW2 was not a war over Right wing views it was a war over FOREIGN INVADERS which some people would say is what is going off now in the country.
  • Options
    Can kiss goodbye to christmas the way things are going off in the country in years to come.
    Nah I don't think so. It's all shit-stirring nonsense by certain quarters.
  • Options
    The flags on cars when the football was on the police was stoping and handing out fines in nottingham as they was caursing a risk lol

I don't recall being stopped at any point during that time for having an England flag, and I don't recall any of my colleagues stopping anyone either.
    I do recall an article in a national paper, but I also remember bugger all coming from it.
  • Options
    You know full well i did't follow up the story and find out what happend if i did who would believe me?
    Well that says it all then. You believe the story without question, because you want to believe that "we" are having to make compromises to cater for "them" when it clearly isn't true. If the right wing media can make an entire story about something that they may at one time considered bringing up at a meeting, they'd be having a field day if a council actually cancelled Christmas plans, and you'd have no problem backing up your point with an article from a credible source. As it is, no such article exists, because the story doesn't exist.
    I would think that where councils have cut down on lights are the ones where there is a dence population of other races, religions that are not of the christion way. Could say that well if they do no have christmas in there caldender then whats the problem but is this just the start only time will tell and could this happen in other coutrys and why is is countrys like italy have very strong rules on immagration and don't here about problem there is it that multiculturalism does not work and that no matter how hard we try as a country some religions and races do no get along.
    Oh well maybe we should just ban anyone from another religion or race from living in this country then? How does that sound? Do you not realise that the reason that often people of different religions and races don't get along is precisely intolerant views such as the one's you are expressing exist?
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »
    I don't recall being stopped at any point during that time for having an England flag, and I don't recall any of my colleagues stopping anyone either.
    I do recall an article in a national paper, but I also remember bugger all coming from it.

Must just be our police this is nothing to do with politics i want to add if anyone is thinking that! Just the police being arsy we all know they can be, they prob had a point they was saying that they could come off and cuase another car to crash. This was only once i recall happening was on rite outside the bbc radio nottingham building they was pulling cars over so the raido was doing a story over it as it happend i had 2 on my car and never go pulled.
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »

Yeah, I remember a taxi driver being banned from having flags on his car for safety reasons, and then decided to go to a right-wing newspaper about it, who decided that the real reason was so that he didn't offend those nasty darkies and towel heads.
  • Options
    I'm from Bradford, and they had a huge Christmas celebration. Every pub had England flags during the world cup, and a lot of the Indian restaurants did too.

nottmlad, should I be repatriated? I'm probably less British than someone like Amir Khan.
  • Options
    The Bristish people are not really from Britain there from i foget norway or somewere but we have been here for how many years and done been in wars to defend the country so think its ok to say that is belongs to us as a people.

"Us"? Do you mean, therefore, any nationality who has fought to defend Britains interests?

And how many generations do we have to be able to trace our lineage back to, in order to be considered "British" or does being born here count?

And finally, how many batteles have you fought for your country?
    Someone is now going to say that your grandad did not fight a war agains the nazis for you to have views you have now that are no better ? Go on someone say it but the WW2 was not a war over Right wing views it was a war over FOREIGN INVADERS which some people would say is what is going off now in the country.

Erm, it wasn't just about the fact that the Nazis invaded Poland...

Interestingly though, my grandad fought so that you could support someone like the BNP. So that you could live here as a foreign national, so that you could be from any religion.

The BNP don't stand for such freedoms though, do they. You actually support a party which doesn't stand for many of those things. Now, that's you right but please don't ever try to argue from a point of freedom because you are on reallyshaky ground there.
  • Options
    Well that says it all then. You believe the story without question, because you want to believe that "we" are having to make compromises to cater for "them" when it clearly isn't true. If the right wing media can make an entire story about something that they may at one time considered bringing up at a meeting, they'd be having a field day if a council actually cancelled Christmas plans, and you'd have no problem backing up your point with an article from a credible source. As it is, no such article exists, because the story doesn't exist.

Oh well maybe we should just ban anyone from another religion or race from living in this country then? How does that sound? Do you not realise that the reason that often people of different religions and races don't get along is precisely intolerant views such as the one's you are expressing exist?

Why do you think what you hear and read is the truth and what i hear and read must be all crap. Im not trying to stir thigs up and start some mass race riot as your all prob thinking im really not at the most id say i want you to at least get away from the idea that where the racist monsters you think the bnp are. I dont think all there views are right but who can say whoever u vote for you think everything they stand for you are 100% behind. Fact is more and more people are voting for the bnp and joining them theres reasons behind this whatever they are there good enough for people to reach out to them and no matter how much pc crap you try chuck at people they will only stay in silence for so long.

THIS REALY IS THE LAST THING I AM PUTTING ABOUT THIS SO CALL ME A RAICIST IM NOT ONE BIT BOTHERD NOTHING YOU CAN SAY WILL MAKE ME CHANGE MY MIND ON WHAT I THINK AND WHO I WANT TO VOTE FOR AND I AM SORRY IF SOMEHOW I HAVE OFFENDED ANYONE I REALLY DID'T WANT TO
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    nottmlad, should I be repatriated?

Must resist typing the obvious answer. Oh, sod it can't be bothered

Yes - get back to Australia you convict scum :D
  • Options
    Yes - get back to Australia you convict scum :D

If you're paying ;)
  • Options
    Indeed - how about using the original link from the times instead?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article587134.ece
  • Options
    Must just be our police this is nothing to do with politics i want to add if anyone is thinking that! Just the police being arsy we all know they can be, .

, again I don't recall a single story about anyone being pulled over and fined.
  • Options
    Look, its the master race!

scumbag.jpg

schade1.jpg

Ha ha! :D
  • Options
    Why last year then some citys councils say they are cutting down on christmas lights as they offend certain people?

That was something which appeared in The Sun (I think). I remember being sat in a class discussing it and people saying how ridiculous it is. My class is quite multicultural, we have Muslims in and they have no issue with Christmas. I think the way some newspapers portrays Muslims is disgusting and misleading. Yes, you will get the odd far right Muslim, as you would far right Sikhs, Catholics and Jews but they in no way represent a whole race or religion of people.

I think what you should do is visit a mosque with an open mind and an open heart, or go out to meet Muslims and people who follow other religions.

Visiting a Mosque is something I plan to do very soon, to learn about Islam and meet people so I am less ignorant.
  • Options
    Namaste wrote: »
    That was something which appeared in The Sun (I think). I remember being sat in a class discussing it and people saying how ridiculous it is. My class is quite multicultural, we have Muslims in and they have no issue with Christmas. I think the way some newspapers portrays Muslims is disgusting and misleading. Yes, you will get the odd far right Muslim, as you would far right Sikhs, Catholics and Jews but they in no way represent a whole race or religion of people.

I think what you should do is visit a mosque with an open mind and an open heart, or go out to meet Muslims and people who follow other religions.

Visiting a Mosque is something I plan to do very soon, to learn about Islam and meet people so I am less ignorant.

If you're a woman then you'll have to check which ones will let you in first.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »
    Indeed - how about using the original link from the times instead?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article587134.ece

And this is precisely what I mean. Notice the Jihad Watch website conveniently missed the whole second half of the article out? As in the half of the article that puts some perspective on it with this quote from the council leader:
    I do not see the reason for this as one of equality and diversity. It is one of economics.
    The facts behind the article can't be disputed, but the motives for them (so as not to offend non-Christians) is entirely speculation, and speculation that I for one do not believe (and would be happy to condemn if I felt it was the case). Nottmlad, I don't believe everything that supports my argument is true, and everything you read is false, I believe that I can recognise a blatantly biased article with a clear agenda whatever "side" it's on, and based on what I've seen of you in this thread, you cannot.
  • Options
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote: »
    Look, its the master race!

Ha ha! :D

Ever noticed white supremicists are always the worse examples of the race?
  • Options
    If you're a woman then you'll have to check which ones will let you in first.

Of course I will, I don't think that women are banned from Mosques over here are they? A girl I know has offered to take me.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote: »

Based on what I've read on that opening page, that organisation is just as bad as the BNP themselves. What right do they have to "prevent the BNP" from meeting/leafleting in any particular area?
  • Options
    redwatch...fashwatch...lolwatch
  • Options
    Of course I will, I don't think that women are banned from Mosques over here are they? A girl I know has offered to take me.

Most mosques are open to both genders. Still, a considerable minority don't allow women access.
  • Options
    Most mosques are open to both genders. Still, a considerable minority don't allow women access.

I have Emailed my local mosque to ask.
  • Options
    I have Emailed my local mosque to ask.

they normally allow but men and women are seperated

at my old school we was going to visit a mosque amongst with other places but the mosque got a bit edgy with the girls wearing skirts so my school pulled out
  • Options
    Blagsta you're just antagonising him.

I think it's good we've got someone who wants to join in a debate who isn't either left or very left. He's said repeatedly he doesn't want to offend anyone, it's just his opinion, so all due respect to him.

But, at the end of the day, this thread was about Namaste and redwatch :confused: - I find the idea of that kind of site scary really, like naming targets. eta: fashwatch is no better
  • Options
    ...never mind