Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Loved up too soon????

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi guys!
im mostly writing this to vent...but id greatly appreciate people's comments/opinions on this!

basically ive been seeing a guy ive known for years, for a good few weeks now. every second im not with him, i miss him! I always think about him! we both love each other, but i worry he doesnt really love me (he's never told a girl he loved her before, where as ive loved 3 people previously) but he thinks he does!
When he's around me i feel so happy and dont want him to leave....and he's said he feels the same about me! Is this too good to be true??? we've both been hurt alot in the past, but we both feel comfy with the other person :blush:

thanx guys
L+C

Comments

• Options
    maybe you're rushing into it and in love with the idea of being in love, maybe it's real- who knows? Time will tell. Good luck with it though, and the feeling of first being in love is sooo lush. I want! I want!
  • Options
    My advice would be to just enjoy it. Maybe you are just in the honeymoon stage or maybe you are in love who knows? I wouldnt fret, just have fun.
  • Options
    a guy ive known for years,

If you'd left this bit out, I would say yeh, maybe it's a bit soon. But if you've known him for years, then you probably already know him pretty well, so the "getting to know them" part of the relationship was done and over with before you started being more than friends. Me and the boy were friends for quite a while before we got together, he was one of my best friends, and when we did get together it didn't take me long before I was thinking "I love him" thoughts.

*shrug*
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    maybe you're rushing into it and in love with the idea of being in love, maybe it's real- who knows? Time will tell. Good luck with it though, and the feeling of first being in love is sooo lush. I want! I want!

ive been in love before though....so know how it feels!
  • Options
    so, you definately love him but aren't sure whether he loves you? can't help you there, you've just got to go with it. Has he says he loves you to you?
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    so, you definately love him but aren't sure whether he loves you? can't help you there, you've just got to go with it. Has he says he loves you to you?

he says he loves me and i know he thinks he does, but its wether he actually does (im just wary because he's never loved a girl before...maybe what he's feeling for me isnt true love??)
  • Options
    if u over analyse it you'll go nuts. you have to just go with the flow and accept it for what you are feeling and not worry too much about terms like 'love'.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    If you'd left this bit out, I would say yeh, maybe it's a bit soon. But if you've known him for years, then you probably already know him pretty well, so the "getting to know them" part of the relationship was done and over with before you started being more than friends. Me and the boy were friends for quite a while before we got together, he was one of my best friends, and when we did get together it didn't take me long before I was thinking "I love him" thoughts.

*shrug*

:yes:

I agree. I was friends with my ex of 3 years for about a year before we actually got it together. We were very close friends as well. Within 2/3 months, I knew I loved him.
  • Options
    girls can fake orgasms, men can fake entire relationships.
    How encouraging :yeees:.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Some guys sometimes find it difficult to make that switch over from being friends to a relationship. Firstly, I would sit him down and ask him where he thinks the relationship is going. Only once you have had some sort of discussion with him will you have any idea of whether or not he loves you. I know it will be a difficult conversation, mind, but it is better knowing rather than wondering.
  • Options
    ive been in love before though....so know how it feels!

Yeah but love doesn't always feel the same for every person you've loved.