Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bra fit

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How do you decide if a bra is too small, when it doesn't necessarily give you four boobs, but looks like any more growth and it might?

Bought one from Ann Summers earlier, bearing in mind it's the first I bought from there, and just trying it on now. Back is fine, as are straps, I just don't think there's any growing room in it. I like nice underwear, so it tends to cost me about £20 a bra, and I can't afford to keep replacing them!

Bearing in mind I bought a bra last week from La Senza, which fits me really well, and that was the same size as this one, I'm not sure whether to go and try a size bigger?

Anybody know if there's a massive amount of difference between D and DD in Ann Summers? Find it hard to believe that I could need that cup :eek2:

Comments

• Options
    i wouldn't think 'i can't be that cup size!' and not buy it - try it on you might be surprised.

does it feel tight? can you envisage them getting any bigger i.e. weight gain?
  • Options
    I'm a dd and i tried a D on and it was a big difference to me, i had 4 boobs.
  • Options
    every bra fits differntly and the cup sizes vary. It's worth trying on a few.
  • Options
    When I was a DD, wearing a D gave me 4 boobs.

There is definately a difference.

Also, I've found that I'm a size bigger in Ann Summers.
  • Options
    La senza sizes are US sizes which are bigger than UK sizes, so get re-measured in somewhere that carries UK sizes like M&S. (I am a 34/36C in la Senza but wear a UK 34D/DD)

Also different styles and cuts of bras fit differently, so while I may be a 34D in one bra, i will have to take a 36C, 36D, 34C or even a 34DD in another.
  • Options
    Amira wrote: »
    La senza sizes are US sizes which are bigger than UK sizes, so get re-measured in somewhere that carries UK sizes like M&S. (I am a 34/36C in la Senza but wear a UK 34D/DD)

I've always found their bras smaller than most other places. I'm generally a 32D/DD, but have to buy 32DD/E in La Senza or face 4 boobs/multiple breakout attempts by the girls!

I'm baffled as to why you need growing room though!
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I have often found the cut of the cups in Ann Summers can often make you feel like you will fall out if you bend over...Im assuming it supposedly makes it more sexy and alluring. However I think my boyfriend just shits himself as he sees big boulders hurtling their way towards him :p
  • Options
    I am a 34D/DD however when i got measured, they told me i was a 34C but they are way too small, i get so confused sometimes, you just have to try loads on and whatever fits fits! lol I know what you mean though i normally spend about 20-30 quid on one bra so i definately try them on before i buy them. I normally know that its too small when my boobs are popping out the sides he he oh and underwire and padding are a must these days!! Ooooh and never put your bras in the washing machine, esp the expensive ones are they get all bent out of shape. xx
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »
    I have often found the cut of the cups in Ann Summers can often make you feel like you will fall out if you bend over...Im assuming it supposedly makes it more sexy and alluring. However I think my boyfriend just shits himself as he sees big boulders hurtling their way towards him :p

I'm not here to give advice, just to say that that made me laugh so hard. Oh bunnie how I love you.
  • Options
    I usually go with how comfy they are, if it doesn't feel too tight and doesn't look too small then it should be fine.

I'd say it's always a good idea to try on bras in the shop before you buy them though, cos you can never garantee that a bra that is 'your size' is nessasseraly going to fit, as they all vary a lot.

I think a bra that fits well should be able to do up comfortably on the middle clasp, so if you get any bigger you can go one up, and if you get any smaller you can go one down.

(Sorry if there's loads of crap spelling in this post... think I've got my stupid head on today).
  • Options

Also different styles and cuts of bras fit differently, so while I may be a 34D in one bra, i will have to take a 36C, 36D, 34C or even a 34DD in another.

Where did you hear that? Why on earth would they confuse UK customers like that?

I'm a 34E and fit nicely in a 34E in their store as I also do in other shops such as M&S etc.
  • Options
    I was wearing a 32D from lasenza for ages, until the shattering day that I got measure at M&S and was told I am only a 34B. How depressing. So yes, bra sizes vary!
  • Options
    A 34B is probably very much the same as a 32D tbh.

I'm a 34E in most shops so I don't see how La Senza are using US sizes.
  • Options

:|

I wish :(
  • Options
    Aww :(

Actually a 32D is very similar to a 34C, not 34B, in terms of actual cup size. So that'd work with my theory that La Senza sizes are little ;)
  • Options

nah it'd be more like a 32C.

just the same as a 34E would be the same as a 32F. that kinda thing. not sure it works though!
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote: »

Actually a 32D is very similar to a 34C, not 34B, in terms of actual cup size.

Yeah the M&S lady was explaining to me today.... if you go up a band size, you can usually drop a cup size and have it be a similar fit to the original size, and vice versa.
  • Options
    yup, my la sensa bra is a 30c, when I tend to wear a 32b elsewhere.
  • Options

See now, in experience I disagree with that. I could be wrong, but this is what I've wittnesed. My wee little barely C's fit great into a UK D and I was watching Dr 90210 and there was a woman on with F cups. (US) The Dr was saying how each implant contained 1/2 gallon of saline. Now I'm not sure what you use but google tells me thats equal to about 67 imperial fluid ounces. Anyways, they were ginormous. She should have had orbiting moons. Now sadly, I have seen that picture thread and not one of the large breasted siters even come close to that woman. Mosquito bites in comparison.
  • Options
    nah it'd be more like a 32C.

just the same as a 34E would be the same as a 32F. that kinda thing. not sure it works though!

Yeah. I thought I might have been slightly wrong there :blush:

32F sounds so BIG. I prefer my 34E :yes:
  • Options
    i would say i'm probably a 32f as i have a small frame but i think they're even harder to come by than a 34e.
  • Options
    Where did you hear that? Why on earth would they confuse UK customers like that?

I'm a 34E and fit nicely in a 34E in their store as I also do in other shops such as M&S etc.

http://www.85b.org/bra_conv.php - i swear im not lying! :p
  • Options
    http://www.85b.org/bra_conv.php - i swear im not lying! :p

It just told me that US sizes are smaller :p

Though I'm still not convinced some of the E's and F's on here are no bigger than a US C or D
  • Options
    well it also depends on band size, she might have been a a 40 or something :p
  • Options
    Yeah, but you were talking about La Senza's sizes in particular wern't you?

I knew I was a 34DD in american sizing.
  • Options
    i would say i'm probably a 32f as i have a small frame but i think they're even harder to come by than a 34e.

I was thinking that!

You have a much smaller frame than me!!! (from the photos I've seen and the fact I know you are a size 8/10)
  • Options
    Yeah, but you were talking about La Senza's sizes in particular wern't you?

I knew I was a 34DD in american sizing.
    Yes and la senza IS american sizes...trust me!!!
  • Options
    Well in that case, as I'm a 34E in La Senza, I'm a 34F in british size?!

I don't think so somehow.

I'm 34E in most shops. If La Senza has american sizing, then so do all the other shops that I buy my underwear from.
  • Options
    fine, just telling you what i know...no need for the bitchyness :)
  • Options
    I'm not being bitchy :)

I just know what size I am thats all!