Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

PANCAKE DAY (and lent)

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Fiend_85 wrote: »

And yes, instant mix is for spastics, how hard is it to mix flour eggs and milk?

Nice :rolleyes:

I'm going to make sooo many panckaes later, and for my fllings or toppings or whatever i'm having lemon jucie orange juice and then nutella. Yum.

Who else has been to the pancake house at center parks, thats all sorts of good :D
  • Options
    ashlee wrote: »
    I think we should have more food days like urm.

or custard day, where you eat loads of custard. yum. not that I need an excuse to do that anyway.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    And yes, instant mix is for spastics, how hard is it to mix flour eggs and milk?
    Instant mix is for everyone. Seriously though, must you use that term for those who are culinarily deficient?
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote: »
    Instant mix is for everyone. Seriously though, must you use that term for those who are culinarily deficient?

I have instant mix
    :o I know it's wrong, but I don't use flour at home so it was easier to just buy a packet of mix on special offer than buy flour, milk and eggs. But I think I still need an egg.
  • Options
    Instant mix is for everyone.

It is rather depressing to see people use instant mix (full of salt, sugar and those delectable trans fats) rather than taking the 20 seconds or so to make their own. It shows just how bad food education is really.

I bought some eggs specially from the Tesco in my office.
  • Options
    Don't give somethin up...
    Just do somethin extra.

I'm volunteering for Oxfam.
    That way I can still eat cheese AND be a humanitarian.

It's win win.
  • Options
    i had some with sugar and lemon first thing with lenny, and then made some more later with nmm and had strawberry jam and squirty cream :yum:

the second lot was the best.

for lent im giving up.................................pancakes.
  • Options
    for lent im giving up.................................pancakes.

Me too :D Jam and squirty cream sounds divine!

I'm not giving up anything foodwise for Lent - am trying to add things into my diet so it would be a bit counterproductive. Might use it as a proverbial kick up the backside to do something worthwhile though, as Anomie said :thumb:
  • Options
    just sugar and lemon for me. Still thinking about Lent. Smoking may be a possibility. But since I have not been drinking for the past 5 weeks I may just continue that
  • Options
    Ice cream :D. Always.

For lent I am giving up...I don't know. I would say cigarettes, but I have about 16 in my bag which can't go to waste, really ;o. Year before last I gave up Baker's Oven Roast Chicken Bakes, and I was the only person out of our whole group who didn't have the thing they gave up for the whole of lent. The others were supposed to all buy me one as a prize, but I think I only ever got two (out of about 8 people) :grump:.
  • Options
    OMG, we all missed:

Collop Monday - Shrove Monday
    Named after the traditional dish of the day: collops of bacon served with eggs. In addition to providing little meat, the collops were also the source of the fat for the following day's pancakes.
  • Options
    I had mine with chocolate sauce Asda didn't have any chocolate ice cream :( and It was made from scratch :D
  • Options
    im making mine in a bit. instant mix :thumb: and i will be having bananas and sugar on them. yum yummmm. i want to try them with icecream!

i love pancakes, but for some reason i only ever have them on pancake day!

i feel i will have to stop reading this forum coos certain posters annoy me a ridiculous amount. ha.
  • Options
    Giving up fags and meat.

Should be interesting...
  • Options
    lemon and sugar

Ive just eaten 6, and im FULL!!
  • Options
    I'm making some at half eight :D

Never made them before so I am excited.

For lent I'm giving up all bad food. I'm giving up snacks and I'm going to try to eat healthy to lose a few pounds! Its funny as I'm going on holiday 40 days from now! What a good excuse :D
  • Options

Instant mix, for people too fucking stupid to mix flour eggs and milk.

As kermit said, it's full of shit, if you want to eat shit, make the mix from scratch and add shit.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I had golden syrup on mine. He had lemon and sugar on his.

I am giving up fizzy pop and squash for lent. I have too much squash and not enough water, methinks. We'll see how we get on!
  • Options
    I have lemon and sugar :yum:

I don't pass judgement of people who use instant mix, but I do find it a little odd. Don't know if they're all like this, but I saw one the other day that was "Just add eggs and milk!!"... and I thought "but surely that means it's just flour?!" :confused:
  • Options

As kermit said, it's full of shit, if you want to eat shit, make the mix from scratch and add shit.

I would say that it maybe seems a little decadent to use an instant mix for something so easily whipped up from scratch; but for people with kids that clamour for more, more, more or for people with limited kitchen space or utensils etc then I can see why it would be an attractive option.

Choosing to use an instant pancake mix certainly doesn't make a person "fucking stupid". Wow.
  • Options

Do you ever, y'know, feel really fat and bloated for being so fucking full of yourself?
  • Options
    No, not really.

Instant mix takes up more space. 4oz flour, one egg, and a half pint of milk can make 8 pancakes. People should be able to keep their kids under control after 2 or 3 pancakes, because when I was growing up, they were a treat.
  • Options
    If people want to buy Instant then they can. What's your problem with that, Hitler?
  • Options
    No, they can, I just think they're lazy and a little bit retarded. I'll be off to kill Jews now.
  • Options
    I'd rather use instant, 'cause at least then there's less of a chance I'm gonna make a complete mess of it.

If that makes me "lazy and a little bit retarded" so be it tbh.
  • Options
    No, they can, I just think they're lazy and a little bit retarded. I'll be off to kill Jews now.

:lol: Retarded? Take your head out of your arse and stop trying to be such a sour-faced cunt. It's pathetic.
  • Options
    Yeah, I would, but I don't give a shit what you think of me. Because you don't know me.

I'm going to carry on having my opinion.
  • Options
    Wow, this thread sure does exude joy... *won't be making pancakes tonight anyway*
  • Options
    Yeah, I would, but I don't give a shit what you think of me. Because you don't know me.

I'm going to carry on having my opinion.

Have your opinion all you want, I'm not the facist here. Just try not to talk so much bollocks, you're making me clinically depressed.
  • Options
    I don't know how you can mess it up using normal mix. I've just made some usingggggg flour, eggs, milk, salt and um, I used sugar and lemon for toppings.

They were fucking yummy :yum: