Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What would you pick up out of the toilet?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Imagine you went to the toilet and had done
a) nothing, you just sat down, b)a wee or c)a number 2

And an object fell into the toilet bowl.
A ring, a £2 coin, one of your childrens' favourite small toys, your mobile phone, 50p.

Which would you retrieve?

Comments

• Options
    The other day I had to fish Abbie's jacket out of the loo since she thought it would be funny to put it in. It was big enough though that I didnt need to touch it too much!

The only thing off that list I would save would be a ring, and then I'd go and bleach myself afterwards.
  • Options
    I've had to rescue my phone before, luckily I had flushed and bizarrely it still works.
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    I would retrieve anything with high value so a mobile phone or a ring. Anything else i may not but that depends on how clean the water is :razz:
  • Options
    Picking up

Well.. You can't actually just leave them there, can you? :P Unless you want a visit from dear ol' plumber.
    I'd rush for the mobile phone, though :P Especially if it's an LG chocolate or a RAZR.
    As for my kid's fav toy.. No way he's touching it after having been in the toilet..
  • Options
    i wouldnt put my hand in a toilet for anything less than a REALLY expensive diamond ring, jewellery or watch.

Although when i was a kid my sister threw my teddy into the toilet and i made my mum get it for me, she washed it about 10times on a really hot wash, i remember her taking it out to put in the drier and he was steaming :(
  • Options
    metagirl wrote: »
    I'd rush for the mobile phone, though :P Especially if it's an LG chocolate or a RAZR.

I wouldn't say that if i was you :p (Referring to the RAZR)

As for me, i think i'd get anything out which was worth alot, maybe try getting out with something other than my hand to begin with though.
  • Options
    Just use plastic gloves to get stuff out, and then chuck them. :yes:

Wouldn't leave anything in there that I'd dropped by accident cos the toilet would block.
  • Options
    Lu_C wrote: »

Wouldn't leave anything in there that I'd dropped by accident cos the toilet would block.

Yeah but you don't always have gloves avaliable. For some reason when i went to college the other day and i went to the toilet i was wondering what i'd do if i dropped my phone down there.

If you flushed it to get rid of the wee would the phone go down too? It doesn't with a 1p but is it the same with a phone?
  • Options

Oh by the way, you are in a public toilet so you wouldn't have any plastic gloves or other helpful implements :p
  • Options
    PussyKatty wrote: »
    Oh by the way, you are in a public toilet so you wouldn't have any plastic gloves or other helpful implements :p

:crazyeyes

I'd find a cleaner and ask them to get it out for me, or lend me some gloves. :p
  • Options
    :crazyeyes

I'd find a cleaner and ask them to get it out for me, or lend me some gloves. :p

If I was a cleaner and you asked me that I would laugh in your face!
  • Options
    If I was a cleaner and you asked me that I would laugh in your face!

:(
  • Options
    I'd lift anything that was mine and fell in out.. what's the big deal? I can wash my hands after.
  • Options
    I'd lift anything that was mine and fell in out.. what's the big deal? I can wash my hands after.
    a sweetie?
  • Options
    The average computer keyboard has twice as many germs as the inside of a toilet bowl. Happy typing everyone.
  • Options
    I'd get my phone, the ring and the toy but i'd use something ingeneous to lift it out, like a pen.
  • Options
    Imagine you went to the toilet and had done
    a) nothing, you just sat down, b)a wee or c)a number 2

And an object fell into the toilet bowl.
    A ring, a £2 coin, one of your childrens' favourite small toys, your mobile phone, 50p.

Which would you retrieve?

everything... I just put on an one-way latex glove and take it, and put it in the bin afterwards.

I touched a lot of way more icky things as paramedic with gloves.
    What kind of question is this? Who the hell flushes his mobile down? If it was the mobile I'd probably fixate it with the toilet brush and flush beforehand. Jesus christ, re-read my post! I'm the macGyver of the toilet.

In public restrooms without gloves, well... If I was that dumb to drop something in the bowl there I'd probably retrieve it. Poop is no neurotoxin or highly explosive. You just wash your hands afterwards. Do you think when wiping your fanny or your butt your hands miraculously stay sterile?
  • Options
    The average computer keyboard has twice as many germs as the inside of a toilet bowl. Happy typing everyone.

:lol:
  • Options
    And apparently toilet paper makes no difference to how many germs you pick up when you wipe your bum.
  • Options
    What sort of thread is there? Says me, who is posting in it.

Probably all of those minus the mobile and coins because the coins aren't worth it and I need a new mobile anyhow!
  • Options
    I'd get the mobile, the ring and the £2 coin.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    I'd get the mobile, the ring and the £2 coin.

Hell, what abot a jaffa cookie? just wipe down the poo and yummy!

kidding.... (just in case)
  • Options
    In my own toilet I'd put my hand in for anything. In a public toilet I would try to use something else as a hook, but we do have award winning toilets in my town- the proud certificates tell me so!
  • Options
    The mobile, the toy and the ring (definitely definitely the ring if I imagine it's the one I have on at the moment), and possibly the £2 coin if I need it desperately for something (bus fare for example). Everything can be washed, ith the exception of the mobile which I'd rescue so I could retrieve the sim card!
  • Options
    I flushed the toilet and the phone fell in....

But it FLUSHED away :(

And I wouldn't go near it....

My friend put her ARM in to see if it was at the other side of the pipe....

LOL

It wasn't :(
  • Options
    Like katralla I'd grab anything out of my own toilet and would try and use some other device to get things out of a public toilet. I'm not squeamish though, whatever it was I'd probably just roll my sleeves up and do it and then give my hands a good scrub.
  • Options
    i wouldn't get a childs toy! imagine the germs.

however i would get my phone. :thumb:
  • Options
    and have the germs get into yer ear LOL
  • Options
    I'd get all of them out of my loo, its only a bit of poo. I have soap and stuff.
  • Options
    lol.....

tis only a bit of poo....

lol