Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Useless Southerners

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    "London Underground commuters suffered delays and cancellations on six lines"
    ROFL
    Snow? Causing delays on the underground?:crazyeyes

It's not all underground........................................ :banghead: :lol:
  • Options
    Weellll....have to say, I'm a Southerner - have lived South all my life - and I'm getting really sick of Southerners!!!! I live in London, and it seems to be acceptable to be unfriendly, blinkered, arrogant & self-obsessed....and that ain't good!!

In contrast, have been up North a few times for work/to visit family(mostly Yorkshire/Edinburgh/Glasgow.....which, by the way, is an amazing city!! :love: )....and it's the complete opposite atmosphere! Strangers are really friendly and do their best to make you feel welcome, there's loads going on, and it just feels generally vibrant and upbeat.......think ppl down South tend to forget that culture doesn't just exist in London y'know.....and if you looked up (and ventured outside the M25! :p ) once in a while, you might learn a little something about how to treat people too.....!!! :yes:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    HanHan wrote: »
    think ppl down South tend to forget that culture doesn't just exist in London y'know.....and if you looked up (and ventured outside the M25! :p )

And I think you forget that there's more to the south than just London. :rolleyes:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    And I think you forget that there's more to the south than just London. :rolleyes:

Like the great metropolis of nomansland. Population:3 men and a dog. :p
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Like the great metropolis of nomansland. Population:3 men and a dog. :p

Don't forget the local talent mate, there's a few sheep too. :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    and I think you forget that there's more to the south than just London.

Oops....sorry Skive! Didn't mean it to come across like that...was just saying...that's my main experience of Southerners cos I now live in London, and that's who I see day-to-day....just drawing on my own experience!!! But yes, you're right, come to think of it....didn't mean to tar all Southerners with the same London brush!!:blush:
  • Options

In contrast, have been up North a few times for work/to visit family(mostly Yorkshire/Edinburgh/Glasgow.....which, by the way, is an amazing city!! :love: )....and it's the complete opposite atmosphere! Strangers are really friendly and do their best to make you feel welcome, there's loads going on, and it just feels generally vibrant and upbeat.......think ppl down South tend to forget that culture doesn't just exist in London y'know.....and if you looked up (and ventured outside the M25! :p ) once in a while, you might learn a little something about how to treat people too.....!!! :yes:

You must show me these places cos every northerner i've come across has been miserable and rude.
  • Options
    Really?!? :confused:

Welll....in Glasgow.....shop/restaurant/train/bar staff.....when I went up for work, me & my workmate walked into a totally empty bar on something like a cold Tuesday night, and instead of looking bored and miserable, the barman took the time to chat, be friendly & talk to us about the area...same sort of thing when I've been to Leeds, Liverpool, Edinburgh.....maybe I was just lucky...but they all seemed like pretty friendly places to me!!! :yes:
  • Options
    Ooo....also....if anyone likes Modern Art and gets a chance, they should go to the Modern art galleries in Edinburgh, (can't remember their actual names, but they're a little out of the centre and you can get a free bus to them from the centre).......in my opinion, about a zillion times better than Tate Modern, for instance!!!:)
  • Options
    Really?!? :confused:

Welll....in Glasgow.....shop/restaurant/train/bar staff.....when I went up for work, me & my workmate walked into a totally empty bar on something like a cold Tuesday night, and instead of looking bored and miserable, the barman took the time to chat, be friendly & talk to us about the area...same sort of thing when I've been to Leeds, Liverpool, Edinburgh.....maybe I was just lucky...but they all seemed like pretty friendly places to me!!! :yes:

Maybe it's just when they come down here then. Must be the southerners that set them off.
  • Options
    :lol: They set *me* off.......and I am one!!!! Who can blame 'em, I say!!! :lol: