Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Lost

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I still haven't figured out the above ^

Finally, in this episode there was something new to find out: The hostiles were there long before the Dharma. Up to now it seemed (to me at least) that they were remnants/descendants of the Dharma.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    In the last episode, was I not supposed to understand Jack's flashback or is there something I missed?
    Alright, that woman had a "gift" and made tatoos. Why didn't she want to do one on him, and why did the others beat him up when they learned? And how did they learn before they saw it? I suppose she told them, but why if she didn't want him to be beat up?

I think it was the idea that the tattoo was a sacred art on the Island - hence she was paid so much - it really did reveal his soul (and why the woman asked if he knew what it said). She was presumably restricted in who she would do the tattoo for.

And I think she was just probably in a state afterwards, hence her brother found out what she'd done.
  • Options
    Claire is fit with black hair.
  • Options
    Maybe I've figured part of the mystery.

The one-eyed man (forgot his name) mentioned a list. He also said about the "great man" that brought the hostiles there, who isn't Ben.
    We already know that the numbers (that are connected to that island in more ways than one) have to do with the end of the world.

So, how about this: The "great man" knew who are the people who deserve to live after the end of the world and brought them on that island because it's the one place that won't be destroyed. And that man, since he has to know who these people are and know the fucture, can be no one else than...

...Jesus!

Wouldn't that be a twist, huh? The people who've gone to rescue Jack open a door somewhere in there and find Jesus behind it. :p
  • Options
    i've heard the name Jakob mentionned quite often.
  • Options
    By the way- is Claire's father Jack's father? I don't really remember what Jack's looked like, and I thought it could be the same guy.
  • Options
    By the way- is Claire's father Jack's father? I don't really remember what Jack's looked like, and I thought it could be the same guy.

yep :yes:
  • Options
    O_o wrote: »
    yep :yes:
    Aha, thanks.
  • Options
    Wasn't Aaron in the bible on of Jacobs sons??

I AM SOOOOO CONFUZZLED!
  • Options
    I don't know what you haters are on about. Lost is fantastic, although you have to watch the background video on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PPCCcXarkc

tells you WHAT the Dharma Iniative actually is, and it's canon so you can believe it.
  • Options
    the last episode (man from tallahasse) was really good.
  • Options
    What exactly happened to Mikhail Bakunin after he went in between them sonic pylon things?
  • Options
    He had a brain haemorrage.
    Seemed like a crappy defence to me if it could be climbed over. A better arrangement would have been to offset some poles to the rear which would cover the "dead" ground behind each pole at the front, in a sort of chessboard pattern

O
    O
    ----O
    O
    O
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »
    I don't know what you haters are on about. Lost is fantastic, although you have to watch the background video on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PPCCcXarkc

tells you WHAT the Dharma Iniative actually is, and it's canon so you can believe it.
    :chin: Thats rather interesting...sounds like Alex...
  • Options
    icey wrote: »
    :chin: Thats rather interesting...sounds like Alex...
    That's what I thought to, but someone pointed out to me that this is supposed to be when the Dharma still existed, and now it doesn't. Alex would be too young to be her.
  • Options
    We talking about the woman asking the question in the meeting?
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »
    We talking about the woman asking the question in the meeting?
    I meant the one who secretly took the video and ran.
  • Options
    Ah okay - I was more interested in the person asking the question in the room - I thought she could have been Alex's mum. Anyone remember her backstory - were they just stranded or was their expedition to the island planned?
  • Options
    Ah okay - I was more interested in the person asking the question in the room - I thought she could have been Alex's mum. Anyone remember her backstory - were they just stranded or was their expedition to the island planned?
    I think they were stranded, they found the island because of the transmitter saying the numbers. I could be wrong though.
    Something else about them: Rousseau said she had to kill them all because of a disease. We've still found out nothing about that...
  • Options
    That's the 30% disease presumably - and presumably the same vaccine that was being talked about was the one used by Clancey Jones and Desmond
  • Options
    That's the 30% disease presumably - and presumably the same vaccine that was being talked about was the one used by Clancey Jones and Desmond
    Right, I forgot about that vaccine. But we've still not been told about it, have we? Maybe I forgot... And what do you mean "30%"?
  • Options
    There are too many questions for my head about LOST!

If the Dharma Initiative built the Hatch, Stations, Facilities on both islands and the Barracks where the houses are, why did they the "Others" allow them to build them? Why didnt the Dharma Initiative have armed soldiers to protect the scientists from the islands "others" or "hostiles" are they are know?
    Why arew the "Others" now living in the Dharma Barracks?
    Where did the others come from if they were there first?
    Who was the "great man" who led the others and how did Ben take over from him?
    How did the American Army General end up in the Hatch when he did? He couldnt have been an original Dharma Initiative member because he was in the first Gulf War.
    Why do the "others" recruit people from off the island?
    Why did Dharma fail?
    Why does Locke have a connection tot he island that Ben wants to know about if he was born there?
    Why did Ben lie to Locke about not pushing the button when he clearly did if he knew not pushing it would cause the pulse that would stop the "others" having communication to the outside world?
    Why was Desmonds fiance waiting for the pulse to happen?

Arrrrggghhhhhh! I need some Answers!
  • Options
    Well at the very least - I think Ben's choices around the button, etc, were part of the same viewpoint that lead to him causing the disctruction of the sub - he may have to provide an option to get out of the island - but he doesn't really want them to be able to leave.
  • Options
    Bullseye wrote: »
    There are too many questions for my head about LOST!

If the Dharma Initiative built the Hatch, Stations, Facilities on both islands and the Barracks where the houses are, why did they the "Others" allow them to build them?

not sure. is there any proof that the others were there before dharma?
    Why didnt the Dharma Initiative have armed soldiers to protect the scientists from the islands "others" or "hostiles" are they are know?

Maybe they did and the guards are who are now known as "the others". they also had that big electric fence type thing that killed mikhail. and the ridiculous "smoke monster"
    Why arew the "Others" now living in the Dharma Barracks?

linked with the last one. Mikhail mentionned a "purge". how much was truth is anyones guess. Maybe the outside world do not know that Dharma has ended, so the others dress as them and imitate them, to get food drops etc.
    Where did the others come from if they were there first?

no idea. are you sure they were there first?
    Who was the "great man" who led the others and how did Ben take over from him?

I don't think Ben is the out right leader. there have been several mentions like "Jacob's List" and Ben saying "he'll" kill me, which implies there is someone higher up than Ben. Maybe Ben is the leader of this faction of others, we don't know anything along these lines at the moment.
    How did the American Army General end up in the Hatch when he did? He couldnt have been an original Dharma Initiative member because he was in the first Gulf War.

Same way Juliett and probably Ethan ended up on the island, they were recruited
    Why do the "others" recruit people from off the island?

not sure i follow you here. who else would they recruit? I'm sure every one of the Others has their own place in teh hierarchy and already has a job. They have tried to recruit Jack, and seem to be trying to pursuade Locke.
    Why did Dharma fail?

unknown
    Why does Locke have a connection tot he island that Ben wants to know about if he was born there?

Locke was paralyzed when he arrived, and apparently the island "healed him". Ben must be pretty miffed that he has lived there all his life, and still gets diseases.
    Why did Ben lie to Locke about not pushing the button when he clearly did if he knew not pushing it would cause the pulse that would stop the "others" having communication to the outside world?

Ben doesn't seem to want Juliett to leave. He manipulated Locke into destroying the hatch and the submarine.
    Why was Desmonds fiance waiting for the pulse to happen?

her father is rich, her father owned the sailboat desmond was given to sail the world in and lead him to the island. (i think). i'm sure someone said "with enough money, you can find anyone (or anything)" at one point.

Arrrrggghhhhhh! I need some Answers!

don't we all!
  • Options
    It has been stated many times the Hostiles were their first and in the Station that Locke blew up the computer chess game he beat requested information of whether the "hostiles" had seized the complex, so that means the Hostiles or Others were already known to the Dharma Initiative.

Why would the Others recruit the Army General only to then send him into the Hatch with a man and make him think it was all part of the Dharma Initiative? Juliet and Mikhail were both made aware of who's side they were on and what was going on after all.

And Desmonds fiance though having seemingly limitless money appeared to be looking for the pulse and specifically that occurance, she didnt appear to be looking for a lost sailboat that Desmond was on.

As for Ben, he does appear to be the out and out leader of the Others now, though it appears not always, but i agree with your points on lying to Locke and trapping everyone on the island.

The smoke monster that killed Echo (and it would seem is a friend of Locke's) might have been part of the Dharma security but i find it unlikely... i mean if it was it totally fucked up by letting the others purge them all lol.
  • Options
    I wonder if the monster is more likely to be the big box... is that really John's father or can the creature be commanded to look like what you want by the box
  • Options
    the "creature" looked like Yemi to Eko, and Jack saw his Dad. so i agree with that.

although the creature/black smoke is the worst part about the show. most other things on the show are conceivable, but not the smoke thing.

are the Hostiles the same as the Others tho. I mean, in the first series, we were led to believe they were savages, walking barefoot through the jungle. it's quite conceivable that there are 3 groups on the island. (the others, crash survivors and a 3rd group "the hostiles")
  • Options
    I thought the barefoot savages was all just an act, which is why they wore make up, fake beards and Rousao or how ever you spell it, only knows about the Others and no other group?
  • Options
    They are the same group - hence the finding of the fake beard, the fake primitive camp in the second series, etc. There are pretty much 3 groups -

Hostiles - always been there (or been there for a very, very long time) and recruit from the outside world and from the survivors.
    Dharma - Came, saw, got twatted
    Survivors - those who arrive by (possible) accident.
  • Options
    ah yeh, you've jogged my memory. i wonder when there will be a rousseau flashback episode. that would be awesome, but i doubt it will come til late on, probably not even this series