Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Friends who borrow clothes, grrrr

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    luckily none of my close mates fit into my clothes!! :) so i dont have this problem!!

my sister however.. shes bigger than me, but she manages to fit into some of my tops, and when im home they are aaalways going missing!!
    and when i do find them theyre generally stinking of BO and drink :yuck: ew.
  • Options
    Id be happy to lend my stuff out tbh.
    Ive got a lovely top that im borrowing off a friend at the moment. Shes usually a few sizes bigger than me and it fits me as a maternity one, and she doesnt mind, so what the hell. Im happy cos i love her dress sense but her stuff would usually be way too big.
    Im also nicking all my boyfriends tops at the moment - does that count?
    I dont feel particularly protective of my style. I care a lot about looking nice, but that tends to mean more the way i look in general. My clothes arent that unusual in themselves.
  • Options
    None of my mates are the same size/height as me so it's not possible for me to do so but if that wasn't the case I might borrow one or two things.
  • Options
    ive been told I look emo in them.
  • Options
    my friends let me borrow their clothes but don't usually want to borrow mine, though I let them if they ask- I find it flattering. The thesite articles read like they're all written by the same person, despite the differnt smiley face at the top.
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    my friends let me borrow their clothes but don't usually want to borrow mine,.
    Thats because they just arent cool enough to carry off the shiny silver lamé leggings and the tucker boots.
  • Options
    fo' shizzle ma wizzle
  • Options
    I like your glasses Ilora, who are they by. theyre a bit like my new ones.
    They're Chanel.
  • Options
    ah theyre nice. Mine are dolce and gabanna, theyre similar but with a clear bit at the bottom. first designer anything ive ever had LOL, but they do feel nicer quality than my other ones.
  • Options
    Me and my friends swop odd bits and pieces allllllllllllllllllll the time. Including the boys haha.
  • Options
    It may be a bit 'OTT' for most people, but that's how I am. I'm very protective of my style because it's what sets me out from the rest. I hate looking like everyone else and I've always been like that.

I don't care if everyone else looks the same, I just wouldn't lend my clothes to people because I make a concerted effort to look different to the masses.

You can think what you like about how 'stuck up' that must make me. But to be frank I'd rather be stylish and stuck up than look like a sheep!!!!!!

Oh, so who do you want to a hire a JCB to get your head out of your ass. Me of your favourite designer label?
  • Options
    I've seen your MySpace and you look like everyone else to me. Well, what I mean is that you don't particularly 'stand out' from the crowd.

Exactly. What is so individual about your 'style'? Black is black.
  • Options
    BumbleBee wrote:
    Exactly. What is so individual about your 'style'? Black is black.
    and there's nothin individual about leopard print, even if it is grey! :thumb:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Do you think she'll get rid of all her wardrobe now, and start over?
  • Options
    :rolleyes:
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Calm down people, we are all entitled to an opinion.
  • Options
    I've never been asked to lend clothes to anyone... I'm suddenly a bit insulted :crying:
  • Options
    :rolleyes:

theyve got a point. Just from seeing your myspace friends, half the people on the first page have the same glasses as you.

Glasses library or what!?
  • Options
    None of them have the same glasses as me... Mine are special order only :naughty: and theirs are all from Specsavers. :D
  • Options
    never had the chance/need to borrow or let my friends borrow my clothes.

I wouldnt object though, as long as my clothes were looked after well.

None of my friends have the same body shape as me anyway and im really fussy about how my clothes fit so i cant see me ever borrowing anything.
  • Options
    I don't care if everyone else looks the same, I just wouldn't lend my clothes to people because I make a concerted effort to look different to the masses.
    well sorry to break it to you emo girl but you look like every other fucker on myspace!
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    well sorry to break it to you emo girl but you look like every other fucker on myspace!

Careful! She doesn't look like me! Haha ;)
  • Options
    None of them have the same glasses as me... Mine are special order only :naughty: and theirs are all from Specsavers. :D
    they dont look any different to any other designer glasses in specsavers
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:

:yes:

Ilora: Why on earth would you be so bothered about lending someone a top incase they were seen to be ripping off your style, when, as someone pointed out, half the people in your friends list have the same STYLE glasses as you. Whether yours were 5 times the price is irrelevent, you're obviously not as original as you think you are
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    My glasses are from Specsavers, they are from the Ralph Lauren range...not that that makes a huge difference. I like my glasses!

Anyways back to the point, I have borrowed and lent. I have been on the receiving end of damaged stuff, but then I have done it too. Its just one of those things, and if you are not willing to risk it then dont lend them!

As for wanting to look individual, everyone looks individual in their own way...its not a reason to be mean, and not lend friends clothes. If you dont want to get them damaged or something then fine, but just because they may 'steal your style' by borrowing one item of clothing is a bit extreme!
  • Options
    I don't lend out clothes to friends because they don't ask :D if they did, I'd be wary about doing it as I've had people borrow stuff before, and they become reluctant to give items back, to the point where they've told me they gave it back and it must be my memory lacking :rolleyes:

I'd never lend out either of my corsets. They've moulded to fit me, and anyone else wearing them would be like trying to reshape someone's butt shape on a sofa. Plus they'd be trying to copy my style, so I'd have to chew off their tongues for it :D
  • Options
    to answer the question... when i lived with my mates at uni we often used to borrow each others clothes. sometimes even without asking.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:

So true - and yet pretty much all these 'Emo' types who are trying to be individual are just sooooooooooooooo blind to the fact that they are indeed just following a trend, fitting a now standardised template.

It just makes me laugh! Once they've grown up a bit they'll look back and think WTF?!

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Dear lord, we've resorted to name calling now :chin:

Oh do me a favour and grow up. I'm me, and I'll choose whether or not I lend my clothes to people. No one will tell me what to think or do, so there's no point taking the piss and being rude because it won't change who I am.

If a question is asked, I'll choose whether or not to answer it. I don't expect to be bullied and alienated simply because my opinion is different to everyone elses.
    Quit your childish name calling and bullying, it really is pathetic and tiresome. :yeees:
  • Options
    Dear lord, we've resorted to name calling now :chin:

Oh do me a favour and grow up. I'm me, and I'll choose whether or not I lend my clothes to people. No one will tell me what to think or do, so there's no point taking the piss and being rude because it won't change who I am.

If a question is asked, I'll choose whether or not to answer it. I don't expect to be bullied and alienated simply because my opinion is different to everyone elses.
    Quit your childish name calling and bullying, it really is pathetic and tiresome. :yeees:

:lol: