Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sorry, some more of that 'gay' stuff again :o)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    if you think gays are disgusting and wrong, how come so many people are doing it?
  • Options
    Don't be repulsed by a gay couple being affectionate. Some of my gay friends have said that if they had a choice they would be straight because society has ridiculed them for their sexuality. It sucks that even in this age people are condemned because of their seual preference.
    Everyone has sexual preferences. Some of you wouldn't dream of dating someone who was overweight but others find it attractive. Some like blondes others don't. My partner is Chinese and we are married with a beautiful daughter but people still stare at us in the street in disbelief. Yes, even these days it still happens.
    If two people love eachother or are into eachother, who else has the right to say that it is wrong? Also, if a young person thinks they are gay and later realises that they are not, so what? We all have the right to live and learn. I would love to go back and change lots of things, but then my past makes me who I am today. It all goes down to experience.
    Also, How many of you can truly, honestly say that you have never questioned your sexuality at some point in your life, even if only for one second? It is part of our nature to question ourselves in this way and if you are grown up enough and secure enough about who you are you should be able to admit it to yourself.
    So, obviously if I see a gay couple kissing in the street it would not bother me. (Seen it all in gay-friendly bars anyway!) It would also not bother me if I needed to explain anything regarding homosexuality to my child if she witnessed this.
    Just follow your hearts and forget about everyone elses prejudices but beware of the violent shit-bags, believe me there are enough of 'em around.
  • Options
    Personally I think everyone's entitled to their own sexuality, and if people don't like to see evidence of this (gays holding hands, kissing etc.) then they can look the other way. I think you always have to be careful when using religon to support an argument, there are contradictions in all texts, and its too easy to just pick out sentences that support your point of view. I think that just because the christian god created Adam and Eve, according to the bible, thats not enough reason to say homosexuality is wrong. The bible also says that they were created naked, and when was the last time you saw the pope address ppl without any clothes on? Saying that homosexuality is disgusting and wrong is something that's very hurtful to a lot of ppl, and saying that homosexuality is as bad as murder is just stupid (in my opinion).
    Oh, and johnny, whats all this "if its okay to be gay then how you justify the presence of women" stuff? Just because its okay doesn't mean that everyone has to do it. People are different. Lesbianism also exists, does this remove the need for men? You're making stereotypes here, just because the majority of people are hetrosexual doesn't mean that homosexuality is wrong, it just means it's different.

[rant mode off]

[This message has been edited by Caliph (edited 09-08-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Caliph (edited 09-08-2000).]
  • Options
    You go Calliph! Let 'em know it M8. People r always try to bring 'god' into the issue when they don't know what else to say. You bible-bashers reckon that gays will 'burn in hell' but you are taking the piss. How can people be punished by 'god' just for loving someone if your 'god' is the just and loving being that you make him out to be.
    Don't forget, the bible was written by men, not 'god' and anyway I reckon this so called 'god' is an alien who started all this off as an experiment. He must be having a right good old larf at us all right now.