Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Pollen?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
An acquaintance told to me today that he can get 'pollen' .. I asked him if that was like bud and he said "no - its pollen from the marijuana plant made into a block". :confused: I still don't understand. Does it look and smoke like solid? I guess it is more expensive? Any ideas? :blush:
«1

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It looks like normal solid, aye. It's usually much, much cleaner though, I've yet to come across those fucking rank bits of plastic in any pollen I've had.

    It's usually quite soft and crumbly aswell. Nice stuff, you should get some.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Teagan wrote:
    "no - its pollen from the marijuana plant made into a block".

    I now have an image of a stoned bee :)

    Where' the pollen Brian ?
    What ?
    I said where's the pollen Brian ?
    Dunno. You got anything to eat mate ?

    :D
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    afaik its made from crystals (trichromes or somethin like that lol)they shake out of the plant and press together..

    but its a lot nicer than any soap .. just as good as any green if not better, found it to be more a heavy buzz but its all good either way

    bit more pricey than soap but for the price i find it lasts longer than grass.. personal preference really!

    out of interest whats the goin rate for everyone else ? generally 30 quid for a 1/4 of the stuff here :(
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Be careful though, I've had people trying to sell me 'Pollen' at higher prices when it was just shitty plastic filled solid. The Pollen I smoked out in Amsterdam was gorgeous though.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yea £30-£35 a quarter for pollen round here atm, but sure we cant complain, we're not living in spain, but with the bags of grass i can get for £25 now i dontneedanythingelse.

    However, the best pollen ive ever had was in barcelona, pure wiped out on 2 bongs..real good good smoke. ah the best ever.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    At the risk of sounding a complete bore here...

    The dope you are being offered, Teagan, is essentially hash (we call it 'solid' over here for obvious reasons).

    Now - there are two types of hash.
    Black - Which tends to originate from Afghanistan, Lebanon etc. This is rolled by hand, is very dark in colour, and more often than not, horrendously strong. You very rarely, if ever get this in this country, or if you do, its syphoned off by the top dealers.

    Blonde - This type of hash originates in Europe, is lighter and is known as 'Nederhash'.

    With hash, you need to 'scale' it. 10 being the strongest (containing the most trichomes) down to 1 being the weakest (least amount of trichomes).

    Pollem (from the word Polm; pronounced 'Pollem'. not polleN, as we mis pronounce over here) is about 2 on that scale.

    Its good hash, especially for this country. You'll find it is very soft, and will crumble under very little heating into a soft, powdery grain.

    You should know, that pollen, from the cannabis plant contains 0 THC (the stuff that gets you high). It is 99% impossible to collect, and would be a pointless exercise as the only thing it does is incubate female marijuana plants.

    When you grow dope, the last thing you want is pollen, as you do not want to incubate the female plant, as if you do, the plant produces seeds as opposed to the seedless buds people smoke (seedless buds are also called sensimilla)
    Dope with seeds in it is useless to anyone aside from breeders.
    So, no one, with an ounce of sanity, would deliberately extract pollen from male marijuana plants.

    So, to cut a long story short - Buy it, its good dope. Its not the best, is not pollen, BUT its pretty good shit for the UK.

    And tell your dealer, or whoever, its not pollen. Its Polm.

    Have a cool day!!! ; )
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Wow I didn't know that...
    the 'Pollen' I smoked in Amsterdam was called Polm actually but I just thought that was Dutch for Pollen.
    Also had some Afghan Black, Nepalese Temple Balls, Honey Hash and the rest I can't remember the name's of...fucking nice hash out there.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yep, thats the stuff mate.

    Polm is the right word.
    Its just us English have screwed it up, so we thought it was 'Pollen', and now people think they're smoking fucking Bee's pollen!!!

    It cant be done either, marijuana pollen is absolutely microscopin. You need a 100x electron microscope to even make it out.

    Nepalese Temple Balls are a prime example of absolutely top grade hash.

    Its called temple balls because the labourers in the mountains of afghanistan etc, around Manali, trim the plants all day long, meaning they get huge amounts of pure trichome resin on their hands, turning their hands black. It is scraped off, into 'balls' and then smoked.
    Hence the term Nepalese Temple Balls. Some temple balls in amsterdam have opiates in them too. You can usually tell these by the strange high you get.

    Its absolutely top grade hash. The real deal can only be bought in De Dampkring or Tweede Kamer (in the spui area) in Amsterdam. The others are rip offs. Trust me, ive tried them all!! : )

    Im my eyes, when you go to amsterdam, you should smoke hash above the weed.
    Dont get me wrong, im a weed man, prefer it etc. But the difference between the weed in this country and Amstedam isnt too great.
    But the difference in the quality of hash in the two countries is incredible.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    jayjay620 wrote:
    Some temple balls in amsterdam have opiates in them too. You can usually tell these by the strange high you get.

    Sounds like you know abit but that statement is incorrect!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Its actually not incorrect matey...

    Its often added to lesser strength hash in order for some less reputable coffee shops to sell lower grade hash as top stuff.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    jayjay620 wrote:
    Its actually not incorrect matey...

    Its often added to lesser strength hash in order for some less reputable coffee shops to sell lower grade hash as top stuff.

    As it usually is with this site, always back up your statements with some evidence...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's nice and fluffy, less hot rocks and more of a floaty feeling i find
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    jayjay620 wrote:
    Its actually not incorrect matey...

    Its often added to lesser strength hash in order for some less reputable coffee shops to sell lower grade hash as top stuff.


    It would be good to see some evidence for that?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote:
    It would be good to see some evidence for that?

    Yep ive searched high and low for some articles, but, with this being the UK, and the fact we cant buy dope over the counter, it doesnt get many column inches.

    This was something i read in Amsterdam and chatted to with coffeeshop owners.

    Obviously, its up to you if you beleive it or not!

    As far as evidence goes, im afraid im not party to information regarding the chemical structure of certain types of hash!

    It may not be true, it may be true, who knows. All i know is, around a year ago, there was a lot of furore about certain coffeeshops selling hash that had opiates in it, causing smokers to become more dependant on certain strains.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    jayjay620 wrote:
    It may not be true, it may be true, who knows. All i know is, around a year ago, there was a lot of furore about certain coffeeshops selling hash that had opiates in it, causing smokers to become more dependant on certain strains.

    Seems a bit too similar to the heroin in pills myth to me, so until I see any evidence I think I'll choose not believe it. I think without any evidence it's best not to state it as fact.
    Weekender Offender 
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Skive wrote:
    Seems a bit too similar to the heroin in pills myth to me, so until I see any evidence I think I'll choose not believe it. I think without any evidence it's best not to state it as fact.

    :yes:

    Sounds to me like an underestimation of how powerful a drug cannabis can be...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    jayjay620 wrote:
    It may not be true, it may be true, who knows. All i know is, around a year ago, there was a lot of furore about certain coffeeshops selling hash that had opiates in it, causing smokers to become more dependant on certain strains.

    Although its possible, it would be better for the dealer to sell any opium seperately. Plus of course there would be a definite difference in both smell and feeling from any opiate hashish.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Potentially dangerous also? Considering the amount of opium for desired effects..
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    budda wrote:
    Although its possible, it would be better for the dealer to sell any opium seperately. Plus of course there would be a definite difference in both smell and feeling from any opiate hashish.

    I didnt say opiuM. I said opiates. IE, substances that cause effects that are similar.

    I know what you're saying, and ive heard stories for years about dope being dipped in acid etc etc, and its all bollocks.

    Remember though, im not talking this country, im talking about amsterdam. There were studies into it, and strains were tested etc etc. Its a big story. If you've been to amsterdam in the last year and read any of the local press or spoke to any dutch person in a coffeeshop you'd see what i mean.

    Im not stating anything as fact here. Its up to you whether or not you beleive it, I dont care if you do or not.

    Up to you at the end of the day isnt it...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    jayjay620 wrote:
    I didnt say opiuM. I said opiates. IE, substances that cause effects that are similar.

    I know what you're saying, and ive heard stories for years about dope being dipped in acid etc etc, and its all bollocks.

    Remember though, im not talking this country, im talking about amsterdam. There were studies into it, and strains were tested etc etc. Its a big story. If you've been to amsterdam in the last year and read any of the local press or spoke to any dutch person in a coffeeshop you'd see what i mean.

    Im not stating anything as fact here. Its up to you whether or not you beleive it, I dont care if you do or not.

    Up to you at the end of the day isnt it...

    Yes mate :rolleyes:

    Go and look on the www.smokersguide.com/sg/index.html and tell me if there is any sort of cannabis on there that has been mixed with opiates... didn't think so.

    Amsterdam is huge on growing quality weed, not adulterating it with Opiates!

    Links to the Studies? Don't make crazy claims without any evidence please.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nash wrote:
    Yes mate :rolleyes:

    Go and look on the www.smokersguide.com/sg/index.html and tell me if there is any sort of cannabis on there that has been mixed with opiates... didn't think so.

    Amsterdam is huge on growing quality weed, not adulterating it with Opiates!

    Links to the Studies? Don't make crazy claims without any evidence please.

    Listen mate, dont come at me trying to pretend you're some sort of genius when it comes to smoking weed.

    I lived in amsterdam for two years, and run a business there that takes me there for 2 to 3 months a year. I think i'd know what im reading.
    Im not even going to look at that website, why? What you trying to tell me? Is that site supposed to be some sort of gospel on whats good or not!?

    You clearly, do not know what you are talking about.
    I havent mentioned weed once. Its hash im talking about you fool

    Once again, if you cannot read, i have looked for links to the studies, and once again, im going to have to tell you its all over the dutch press.

    instead of trying to sound like you know what you are talking about, id suggest you go there for a couple of days, and speak to some coffeeshop owners and read some of the local press, then you might have an idea of what im saying.

    I'll say it again, I could not care less whether you beleive what im saying or not, you can continue to beleive what you like.
    All im saying is, instead of attempting to shoot down what ive said with silly little rolling eye smilies, and trying to sound like you know what you're talking about, hows about you look into it yourself, or even better, spend some time in a coffeeshop in amsterdam and speak to the people that live there.

    And im not talking about the pissing grasshopper.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    jayjay620 wrote:


    And im not talking about the pissing grasshopper.

    Yeah the grasshopper and the bulldog are shitty, over-priced, over-rated coffeeshops with crap quality dope. Yet it's where all the tourists flock to because they read about it in a guidebook or something, and get ripped off (including my mate when we went to Amsterdam even when I kept telling him). The smaller privately owned Coffee Shops are the shit.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Next time you go, try Katsu, down by the flower market, its a great shop, 95% locals, but the merchandise is some of the best in europe...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Will do, did you go to a small one called Blue Vodka? It was next to that huge Casino...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    jayjay620 wrote:
    Listen mate, dont come at me trying to pretend you're some sort of genius when it comes to smoking weed.

    I lived in amsterdam for two years, and run a business there that takes me there for 2 to 3 months a year. I think i'd know what im reading.
    Im not even going to look at that website, why? What you trying to tell me? Is that site supposed to be some sort of gospel on whats good or not!?

    You clearly, do not know what you are talking about.
    I havent mentioned weed once. Its hash im talking about you fool

    Once again, if you cannot read, i have looked for links to the studies, and once again, im going to have to tell you its all over the dutch press.

    instead of trying to sound like you know what you are talking about, id suggest you go there for a couple of days, and speak to some coffeeshop owners and read some of the local press, then you might have an idea of what im saying.

    I'll say it again, I could not care less whether you beleive what im saying or not, you can continue to beleive what you like.
    All im saying is, instead of attempting to shoot down what ive said with silly little rolling eye smilies, and trying to sound like you know what you're talking about, hows about you look into it yourself, or even better, spend some time in a coffeeshop in amsterdam and speak to the people that live there.

    And im not talking about the pissing grasshopper.

    oh my

    If it's "all over the dutch press" then why is it so hard for you to find some 'hard evidence'!

    I know you are talking about hash, some people like to generalise and just say weed when refering to a form of cannabis.

    If you havent even looked at that site then don't judge it.

    And lastly, I don't care If you think you have more knowledge, I don't care if you have smoked tons more weed, this site is here for good solid facts not pure speculation where you can't even dig up some good evidence... that has supposedley flooded the Netherlands..
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nash wrote:
    oh my

    If it's "all over the dutch press" then why is it so hard for you to find some 'hard evidence'!

    I know you are talking about hash, some people like to generalise and just say weed when refering to a form of cannabis.

    If you havent even looked at that site then don't judge it.

    And lastly, I don't care If you think you have more knowledge, I don't care if you have smoked tons more weed, this site is here for good solid facts not pure speculation where you can't even dig up some good evidence... that has supposedley flooded the Netherlands..

    Becuase its most likely to be in dutch?
    Can you speak dutch? Can you read dutch? If so, please tell me what to search for, because i cant.

    Incidentally, i did look at that site.
    All it was, was some english guy saying what different shit tasted and smelled of? Was that supposed to impress me?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    jayjay620 wrote:
    Becuase its most likely to be in dutch?
    Can you speak dutch? Can you read dutch? If so, please tell me what to search for, because i cant.

    Incidentally, i did look at that site.
    All it was, was some english guy saying what different shit tasted and smelled of? Was that supposed to impress me?

    So you can't speak dutch yet you say that dutch speaking people and the dutch writing media have informed you that opiates are contained in some hashes. You fool!

    I don't care what you think, and I sure as don't care about impressing anybody. All I care for is about providing solid facts and people backing up claims on a harm reduction website. Is that to much to ask?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Round 2...Fight!
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    I've just thought about it and it has to be over 2 years since I last smoked some hash. :chin:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nash wrote:
    So you can't speak dutch yet you say that dutch speaking people and the dutch writing media have informed you that opiates are contained in some hashes. You fool!

    I don't care what you think, and I sure as don't care about impressing anybody. All I care for is about providing solid facts and people backing up claims on a harm reduction website. Is that to much to ask?

    Nash, you honestly arent very clever are you. Tell me, have you left school yet?

    Can point out where i said i read the article?
    I said, fucking countless times, that its in the media. I speak to dutch people on an almost daily basis. I go to amsterdam once per month at least to run that side of my business. Just because i dont read dutch does not mean i have no idea whats going on. Does it not strike you there may be some expat communications in other countries?

    You also mention that i am a fool because i speak to Dutch people, but not in dutch?
    FOr goodness sake Nash, have you ever been to the Netherlands? Have you been anywhere outside Britain? I guess you dont realise that practically everyone outside south america can speak English? God you are an embaressment mate.

    Honestly, you really do not have the faintest idea what you are talking about do you? You can trot out those pathetic english dope sites until the cows come home mate, it really doesnt mean anything that some geezer has posted a page stating the taste and strength of various strains of marijuana.

    For the last time now. Read this carefully.

    I DO NOT SPEAK OR WRITE IN DUTCH, SO CANNOT SEARCH FOR THE DOCUMENTARY EVIDENCE. is that spelt out ok for you? Can you read it? Do you want me to ring you and read it for you?
Sign In or Register to comment.