Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Pollen?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote:
    I've just thought about it and it has to be over 2 years since I last smoked some hash. :chin:

Fuck, it's been about 20 minutes for me and some very nice pollen at that.

Do you not want a smoke at anytime or anything?
  • Options
    For the record, i have heard of hash being mixed with all sorts of rubbish, and being sold to idiots who dont know what they are smoking. Soapbar is a prime example. Many people dont realise that it is the worst possible thing that they could possibly inhale into their lungs, sometimes containing as little as 1% or NO THC at all, and the rest being oil, diesiel, plastic etc.

Recently, a lot of weed is being sold that has been sanded, to make it look better. Dealers are grinding glass, sand, or other harmful chemicals onto the weed, to trick novice smokers into thinking that it has more crystals on it.

The short and the long of this is that a lot of dealers are idiots themselves. They would sell that weed even if it had no sand/crap on it. If they have a batch of bad weed that they thought they could sell better if they lace it with pcp or opiates, then they sometimes do. I have read articles where people have TESTED weed at a lab for chemical content, and found traces of PCP, so why do you think its such a stretch that they mix opiates into rubbish hash to make idiot buyers think they are getting high!

I know that some of you refuse to believe this, but believe it people. If you want EVIDENCE, then here you go:

A friend of mine who had heard this rumour, was in amsterdam a few years ago, and he smoked quite a lot of product, some good, some terrible, from various coffee shops and dealers around the city. He wasnt doing anything else, except weed/hash and shrooms. Around his 5th day, he bought a drug-testing kit from one of the head shops just to see what he had consumed. And sure enough, the test came back positive for opiates.. so somewhere along the line, he must have smoked something that contained opiates or opiate derivitives.

Proof enough??
  • Options
    P.S. Check this out:

http://www.hiptravelguide.com/amsterdam/php/article-130.html
    In Amsterdam's famous coffeeshops besides the usual fresh marijuana, a variety of hashishes are also sold over the counter. There are many different types of hash from various parts of the world. One type in particular, the legendary black hashish, has a rather dubious reputation. The reason is that the hash is often adulterated or contaminated with non-cannabis products. One of these adulterants, opium, sometimes gets mixed in to soften it up and improve the quality.

Black opiated hashish is sometimes sold in Amsterdam under various names including any kind of "cream", "indian", "manali", "trans-himalayan", "nepalese", etc. Since the Afghan war, it seems Amsterdam is awash in hashish with much higher opium content (than usual), and most coffeeshops seem to have no qualms passing this same heavily adulterated hashish as just about whatever black hash you might choose.

The switcheroo on types of hash and grass is an old trick among coffeeshops, since they can never be sure what it is they're selling anyway, much less be certain of what adulterants it might contain. So when they tell you it's manali cream or afghani or whatever, it's probably just whatever they got in that day. More reputable coffeeshops will try to verify the source and keep the names straight, but I doubt if most really pay that much attention. Today it seems, profit is all that matters to many a greedy coffeeshop owner.

You should realize that opium has often been added to hashish from certain regions in Afghanistan and other regions in South Asia. So it's nothing new. Other adulterants also find their way into lower quality hashish. In fact most of the black hash I've tried over the past few years tasted so bad, thanks to adulterants or contaminants, that I gave up smoking it competely in favor of the much purer Moroccan hashish or the local Nederhash/bubble/isolater (all of which I recommend to anyone who likes hashish).

Unless you WANT to smoke opium, I highly suggest you avoid the black hashes. Why? Because unlike hashish it's addictive! Oh you can smoke a couple of bowls, one time, and not feel like you want more. But if you were to smoke it several days straight, and in good quantity, you will learn fast what REAL addiction is like. It won't be terrible to get off, but you won't enjoy it. It's not like heroin withdrawal, but it has many of the same symptoms but to a lesser degree.

In fact in one coffeeshop the dealer actually told me, "You'll crash after smoking that." I knew right then it was heavily opiated. Because no pure cannabis product will make you "crash".

So be suspicious of ANY black hash that is overly soft and pliable. If it smokes smooth, even a big toke, it probably means there's more opium than hashish in it. Opium isn't harsh like hashish, and usually once lit will stay lighted or even hold a flame (some good hashish does this too). But since you're likely to be smoking a blend it's more difficult to be sure.

With hashish you can usually smoke a fair amount at which point you hit a plateau and smoking more won't get you more stoned, at least you won't feel more stoned. With opium, the MORE you smoke, the HIGHER you get. You don't hit a plateau. Of course you can only smoke so much before you just pass into a dream state, and slow down. The high itself is qualitatively different, but difficult to discern since you're also high on whatever hashish they felt like adding.

With opium you crash. Opium doesn't keep you high as long as hashish does. That's why opium addicts keep smoking all day, and why junkies need several fixes everyday. Good hashish will keep you high and let you down gently. With opium if you stop smoking after a long stretch, you'll go through withdrawals and they won't be pleasant. Depression, body aches, bad disposition are just some of the more noticeable symptoms. Another sure sign you have opium in your system is a lot of itching and scratching. Junkies do this all the time.

I believe that the usual opium content of those types of hash long associated with opium adulteration was always a much smaller percentage than we're now seeing in the coffeeshops. I'd say some of the hash now being sold is as much as 50% or more opium. BTW, opium IS illegal in Holland, and the coffeeshops are forbidden to sell it. But as it is purchased as "hashish" through the Dutch "backdoor" system, (which is NOT regulated), nobody seems to care. This is a major drawback, and a potential health danger being ignored by the Dutch coffeeshops and the police.

The tourists are not as much at risk as are the Dutch themselves since the tourists won't be here long enough to develop a heavy addiction. However the Dutch seem to prefer these black hashes to roll with tobacco in their joints. I strongly feel that someone, either the coffeeshops, the police or the government or one of the drug testing agencies should be testing samples to determine how much opium is in them and then decide whether it's enough of a problem to pose a health risk. If so, it might be up to the coffeeshops themselves to start refusing to buy this heavily adulterated hash, as they are also at risk of being accused of selling opium, and losing their licenses.

Hashish and Opium are two completely different things (esp. legally), and people should know what they are purchasing. I hope this is just a temporary situation and once opium becomes less abundant, hashish won't be so heavy with it.

The Dutch probably won't like what I've just written, or won't care, but it needed to be said. I don't want this scene to be spoiled by some greedy drug cartels in South Asia.
  • Options
    Where are you Nash, the silence is deafening.

Not as clever as you thought you were are you.
  • Options
    jayjay620 wrote:
    Where are you Nash, the silence is deafening.

Not as clever as you thought you were are you.

I got bored of going round in circles...

What has it got to do with being clever? nothing.

Like I said, before you make comments make sure you can back them up, don't come up with excuses. If you genuinely can't find the information then don't post those comments, it's good for nobody especially if there is reasonable doubt as to if they are true or not.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    Shogun wrote:
    Fuck, it's been about 20 minutes for me and some very nice pollen at that.

Do you not want a smoke at anytime or anything?

No. If I'm pissed I might try a bit, but I'd probably regret it.
    Weekender Offender