Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Experience of Prozac

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    People respond differently to SSRI's, some find 1 works well while another would find the same drug useless.
    Other AD's-tricyclics, are older, usually more sedating and more dangerous in overdose so would be unfavourable to someone with suicidal tendencies or someone whose depression makes them feel tired and lethargic.
    MAOI's are used as little as possible these days due to the fact theyre require the person to have diet requirements and the benefits dont justify it when there are safer drugs available.

Generally Tegretol, which is primarily an anti-epileptic, is prescribed as a mood stabiliser to someone with bi-polar as an alternative to Lithium.(which can be prescibed with an SSRI in recurrent depression)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    aye, I refused lithium point blank, all those blood tests don't appeal to me, nor does the potential for lithium poisoning.. severe tremors, and impaired liver fuction. Tegratol retard works extemely well for me, I don't have any side effects at all, and I never liked grapefruit anyway.