Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What do you think thesiters would be like in person?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I haven't met anyone from TheSite yet, but talking about myself...
    When in Uni, I have failed on my artist classes, 'cos I can't play roles of someone else! I guess I'm pretty much strapped on this what I really am. The only difference is, I'm a bit more communicative when online and a bit more shy when in live.
  • Options
    Most people I've met have been similar to what there like on here, with a couple of exceptions. There are a few people on here I would like to meet as well who I havent yet.

I'm pretty much the same on here as I'am at meets, maybe a bit quieter.
  • Options
    Miffy wrote:
    Kaff would have a mouth like a sailor, every other word would be fucking this and fucking that

:o

Who told you?

:lol: at the whole post, btw.
  • Options
    there are some people on thesite who come across as all confident and outgoing etc but i have suspicions that they are completely the opposite in real life. especially because you can have a perception of somebody from their posts and then you read some of their posts in the self-harm thread and they sound totally different.
  • Options
  • Options
    Kaff's a right gobby one :p

I do talk 300% more and laugh at my own jokes in real life :yes:
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Yeah I've met two peeps, and they're both pretty much the same as they are on here.

They've both seen my wee temper tantrums though. Other than that I'd say I'm pretty much the same, bit shyer though :o
  • Options
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    there are some people on thesite who come across as all confident and outgoing etc but i have suspicions that they are completely the opposite in real life. especially because you can have a perception of somebody from their posts and then you read some of their posts in the self-harm thread and they sound totally different.
    Yeah, I ventured in there once, and was quite surprised by some of the people that posted in it.
  • Options
    I am meek and mild :angel:

:eek2:

You are more jolly in real life. You come across like a reet bastard on here. ;)
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:

You are more jolly in real life. You come across like a reet bastard on here. ;)

Jaded and cynical is how I'd put it!
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote:
    I bet I'm nothing in real life compared to the way I act on here. Bit more an hyperactive extrovert IRL.
    God help us.
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    I reckon there's quite a few people here who would be a lot less cocky and self-confident without the computer to hide behind
    :yes: i can definitely think of a few
  • Options
    I've only met one person on here, and they were just as I expected. Pretty much the same as on here/MSN/phone.

Hopefully, I'm the same as well...

You are tbh.
    my_name wrote:
    Oh, who? Tell. Please.

It was meeeeeeeee :)

I've met a number of people off this site. Some are completely different from how they come across on here but the vast majority of them are the same.

I've been told my a number of people I'm the same as I am on here.
  • Options
    I'm a lot louder. I always get the impression that people don't notice me much on here, but it can be sort of hard not to notice me in person.
  • Options
    Yeah, I ventured in there once, and was quite surprised by some of the people that posted in it.
    Like who?
  • Options
    I've been told my a number of people I'm the same as I am on here.

Pretty much. A bit more ditzy, and rather clumsy, but still cool ;):).
  • Options
    I would be interested to know actually what people would think i would be like irl.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Like who?
    I can't start naming names really. Just that some people comes across as really confident and assured on the rest of the boards, then it's quite surprising when you find they have problems with depression and what have you. Probably quite surprising because I never looked at that thread for the first few months, so I got to know everyone's personality (or online persona anyway) then found out all at once if you get what I mean.
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    I would be interested to know actually what people would think i would be like irl.

A female version of Richard from Big Brother, accept for a Westcountry accent? (And more hair)
  • Options
    Pretty much. A bit more ditzy, and rather clumsy, but still cool ;):).
    Meeee? Ditzy? Clumsy?!!!!! :grump:
  • Options
    A female version of Richard from Big Brother, accept for a Westcountry accent? (And more hair)

eta you better be joking boyo :p
  • Options
    I think I'm almost exactly the same in everyday life as I am on here; the bare bones being that I couldn't be arsed maintaining dual personalities and I guess most people would be the same.

MoonArcanum, I think you're right that you're a lot more vivacious and chatty in "real" life than on here, and that's no bad thing imo. I was really pleasantly surprised when I met you :)

I'd say the majority of people I've met have been pretty much the same as they are on here. There are quite a few I thought I wouldn't like, to be honest, but I did.
  • Options
    I have met a couple of people from here, not for a long time though, and they were all pretty much as I had imagined. When you've been chatting to someone for a while on here you can get quite a good idea of their personality/likes.
  • Options
    I'd like to think I'm the same in real life as I am here... I bet I'm not though when it gets down to it.

I don't deliberately act like anything here anyway, I just type as though I was chatting to someone. (Which is why there are times my posts probably don't make a whole lot of sense .....)
  • Options
    Meeee? Ditzy? Clumsy?!!!!! :grump:

:heart::heart:;)
  • Options
    I am exactly the same as I am on here.

Cutting, callous, sarcastic, hilarious, vain and blonde.

People that I've met on here are EXACTLY what they natter about on here, like.
  • Options
    I think I'm a lot more easygoing in real life, I'm opinionated sure but not so confrontational IRL.
  • Options
    as far as i know, im pretty mcuh the same here and IRL