Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

the most agonising thing or what?

isnt waiting to hear back from someone THE most time dragging, drawn out, phone-checking thing on the planet?

i text this girl today and its 2 hours later and its doing my head in, i cant stop checking my phone, or figgeting, i cant settle down to anything, she better text back soon or im gonna explode lol
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    lol i no how you feel, just do something that will take your min off it. It sounds like she is playing hard to get.......but 2 hours does seem long
  • Options
    .......but 2 hours does seem long
    :chin: i don;t think it does...
  • Options
    well for all i know she is out or something i dont really know what she is up to today, this is the first time ive text her (i only asked for her number yesterday) i just hope i wrote it down right :nervous:
  • Options
    otter wrote:
    :chin: i don;t think it does...

Neither do I. The thing is, people have more important things to do than text people all the time.
  • Options
    I'd make somebody wait a few hours if they asked me out by text tbh.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    Neither do I. The thing is, people have more important things to do than text people all the time.

:yes: right but knowing that doesnt make waiting any easier hehe
  • Options
    Shitehawke wrote:
    :yes: right but knowing that doesnt make waiting any easier hehe
    waste some time on these boards then :p
  • Options
    im trying like hell lol
  • Options
    Shitehawke wrote:
    im trying like hell lol

:thumb:
  • Options
    i really don't get this thing with people thinking 'ooh i'll not reply to him/her now, i'll reply in 4 hours time just so he/she really knows i'm interested'.
  • Options
    I don't get it either. Normally, I'll reply when I have time.
  • Options
    me to thats why i said two hours was a long time
  • Options
    Find something to do to distract yourself, and hide you phone so can still here it but not look at it every five seconds. Under the bed, back of the wardobe, in the middle of your bedding are all good ideas and I've probably used at one point or another.
  • Options
    Aye, we've all been there.

Then when I eventually got a text and I jumped "Oooh she's text me", it'd be from one of my moronic mates "Fancy a piss up?" or something :yeees:
  • Options
    i really don't get this thing with people thinking 'ooh i'll not reply to him/her now, i'll reply in 4 hours time just so he/she really knows i'm interested'.
    tbh if a guy texts me back straight away every time, it's off putting! nothing like a bit of waiting to keep someone interested!
  • Options
    she text back eventually after 5 and a half hours of agony lol,
    we are going out on friday :)

wish i knew how she feels about me tho, we get on well and i know she likes me but im sometimes unsure if she likes me in a romantic way
  • Options
    all the best anyway.
    you deserve it.
  • Options
    thanks bud :)
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    tbh if a guy texts me back straight away every time, it's off putting! nothing like a bit of waiting to keep someone interested!
    sometimes though its really obvious that a guy is playing it cool. there was one guy who would time it to the minute. if i took 10minutes to reply he would take 10. if i took 35 minutes to reply he would do the same. so when we went out on the date i picked him up on it. he was a bit embarrassed and said someone at work had advised him to do it. how sad. that was part of the reason i didn't go out with him again. im really not into game playing.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    sometimes though its really obvious that a guy is playing it cool. there was one guy who would time it to the minute. if i took 10minutes to reply he would take 10. if i took 35 minutes to reply he would do the same. so when we went out on the date i picked him up on it. he was a bit embarrassed and said someone at work had advised him to do it. how sad. that was part of the reason i didn't go out with him again. im really not into game playing.

That's just pathetic. I don't expect a reply from someone as soon as I've text them (I have had it happen though) and I doubt they expect the same.
  • Options
    Shitehawke wrote:
    she text back eventually after 5 and a half hours of agony lol,
    we are going out on friday :)

wish i knew how she feels about me tho, we get on well and i know she likes me but im sometimes unsure if she likes me in a romantic way
    i'm guessing she likes you seeing as she agreed to go out with you...congrats :)
  • Options
    see i come across all pathetic cos im hanging onto the phone waiting for it to buzz:blush:
  • Options
    Shitehawke wrote:
    see i come across all pathetic cos im hanging onto the phone waiting for it to buzz:blush:
    most people do the same :)
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    That's just pathetic. I don't expect a reply from someone as soon as I've text them (I have had it happen though) and I doubt they expect the same.
    i don't understand who you're calling pathetic there.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    Although, you were timing how long it took him to reply to your messages and comparing it with how long you took... :chin:
    yeh because i know people play games so i was checking him out

eta: that wasn't the ONLY reason i didn't see him again. he wasn't my type
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    i don't understand who you're calling pathetic there.

Sorry. What I meant was, what that guy was doing to you where if you'd text him 10 minutes after receiving a text from him, he'd do the same to you.
  • Options
    Yeh we all do it. Staring at your phone ...waiting .. and waiting .. :D
  • Options
    Reminds me of me...I like this girl from work but I've no idea what she thinks...she never texts me first mind you :crying:

Sometimes you're maybe better off not knowing anyway :nervous:

Ahh but you never know, maybe shes just like us and sitting looking at her phone waiting for you to text .... you never know :D
  • Options
    im dissapointed at this thread. I thought the title was "the most arousing thing or what"

:impissed:

i shall leave now