Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

disabled living allowence

2

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    RubberSkin wrote:
    What ?

    He's (Sovereign) being a twit. You get DLA for help with personal care/ mobility. It's not some kind of 'compensation' for people being shitty to you because they're so intolerent.
    Agreed, but I would have used a much harsher word than 'Twit' :p
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    RubberSkin wrote:
    What ?

    He's (Sovereign) being a twit. You get DLA for help with personal care/ mobility. It's not some kind of 'compensation' for people being shitty to you because they're so intolerent.
    you can get DLA for all sorts of things. Sovereign has had/does have a pretty serious mental health condition and as such is entitled to DLA as are plenty of other people with the same problems. If anyones got a problem with that, then I suggest you write to your MP or have a rant in the daily mails letters page or something.

    This post isnt directed at you R.S.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    and?

    Wouldnt you be worried if you thought you might lose a huge chunk of money you were entitled to?

    Well yes. But I'm sure in his last thread, he was doing exactly the same thing. Only wanted a 20 quid job so that he doesn't lose his money.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    So what? What business is it of yours?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Blagsta wrote:
    Once again we see who the narrow petty minded arseholes are on here. Well done guys, you've surpassed yourselves this time. babyshambler, Sofie and RubberSkin - tossers the lot of you.
    Blagsta wrote:
    a narrow minded prejudiced arsehole.

    I would start calling you names back here, but then I remembered I'm not 10 years old in a fucking playground.

    So. In regards to your last post - do I give a flying fuck? No, no I don't.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    you can get DLA for all sorts of things. Sovereign has had/does have a pretty serious mental health condition and as such is entitled to DLA as are plenty of other people with the same problems. If anyones got a problem with that, then I suggest you write to your MP or have a rant in the daily mails letters page or something.

    This post isnt directed at you R.S.

    Ah ha. funny.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I would start calling you names back here, but then I remembered I'm not 10 years old in a fucking playground.

    So. In regards to your last post - do I give a flying fuck? No, no I don't.

    Stop acting like a spoilt 10 year old then. Grow up.

    "Mum! MUM! He's got more than me!"

    Pathetic
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Blagsta wrote:
    Stop acting like a spoilt 10 year old then. Grow up.

    "Mum! MUM! He's got more than me!"

    Pathetic

    Urgh, when did I say he had more than me? I've got a full time job and I work hard. I never ever slagged him off for having more than me. Read again!

    ETA - here it is, quoted for you.
    Well I thought the idea of that benefit was to aid you as you are too unwell to get a job. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

    Instead, you could just check on the DSS website.

    ETA - my Dad has this benefit and I had to help him fill in all the forms - it's all about how far you can walk, what you can pick up, how much can you carry, how many stairs can you climb, etc etc... so I reckon your benefit would stop, yes.

    Surely if you are looking for a job though, you're well enough to have that benefit stop? I mean, you would be earning a wage...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Its not the same criteria for mental illness.
    my Friend could do all of those physical things but had schizophrenia and was entitled to DLA for that. He got rather a lot actually.
    I think my brother gets some DLA too because hes profoundly deaf yet he can still do all those other things you say.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Whoops, double post!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Its not the same criteria for mental illness.
    my Friend could do all of those physical things but had schizophrenia and was entitled to DLA for that. He got rather a lot actually.
    I think my brother gets some DLA too because hes profoundly deaf yet he can still do all those other things you say.

    Yeah, Sofie mentioned that in a post later on... I'd never thought of it that way, just simply because I've not come across it personally. So it was just an overlook on my account!

    What I meant by copying that post was to show Blagsta what my original point in this thread was, and to stop any unecessary name-calling on his part. :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I just think its a shame in general. people dont see mental illness as a real illness sometimes. It doesnt get the same credibility, but it can be just as - if not more debilitating than a physical disability. It may be a bit of a sore point, Ive known so many people with mental illness that have a really fucking hard time and cant lead anything like a normal life, and yes, some of them do get angry with the world and the way they are treated by some of the general public who just dont understand, and then on here, as soon as anyone ever dares to say anything that looks like they feel a bit sorry for themself about something - justified or not, everyone basically calls them a cunt.
    I think that this has got to be one of the nastiest boards ive ever come across in that respect.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I just think its a shame in general. people dont see mental illness as a real illness sometimes. It doesnt get the same credibility, but it can be just as - if not more debilitating than a physical disability. It may be a bit of a sore point, Ive known so many people with mental illness that have a really fucking hard time and cant lead anything like a normal life, and yes, some of them do get angry with the world and the way they are treated by some of the general public who just dont understand, and then on here, as soon as anyone ever dares to say anything that looks like they feel a bit sorry for themself about something - justified or not, everyone basically calls them a cunt.
    I think that this has got to be one of the nastiest boards ive ever come across in that respect.

    If you're talking about my reply to the post where the OP said about him getting compensation for the way people look at him in the street, then I think he was out of order for what he said - I'd never slagged the guy off for claiming. Neither had anyone else until that point, and nobody has slagged him off for claiming since. People slagged him for his remark.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you're talking about my reply to the post where the OP said about him getting compensation for the way people look at him in the street, then I think he was out of order for what he said - I'd never slagged the guy off for claiming. Neither had anyone else until that point, and nobody has slagged him off for claiming since. People slagged him for his remark.
    Thats basically what I was talking about here
    some of them do get angry with the world and the way they are treated by some of the general public who just dont understand, and then on here, as soon as anyone ever dares to say anything that looks like they feel a bit sorry for themself about something - justified or not, everyone basically calls them a cunt.

    do you feel surprised that some people think they get a shit time from the general public. Dya think they should just be quiet, never mention it, feel humble, never feel pissed off.
    Its not like he thinks thats the real reason he gets DLA im sure.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I receive DLA for my son who has an autistic spectrum disorder. Once you add in the disablility element of the child tax credit I receive for him and the enhanced housing benefit it amounts to an extra £90 a week. I do look on it as a form of compensation for all the narrow minded people we have to endure. Although it boosts our income, it all goes in a savings account for him as his condition will become more of an issue as he gets older. We take a bit out for stuff like clubs and other things that help improve his poor social skills.

    Learning difficulties and mental health issues never seem to be taken seriously by the general public as genuine disabilities because they aren't necessarily visible, and some people assume you are blagging it.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    narrow minded cunts is right

    some people on these boards dont have a clue
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I just think its a shame in general. people dont see mental illness as a real illness sometimes. It doesnt get the same credibility, but it can be just as - if not more debilitating than a physical disability. It may be a bit of a sore point, Ive known so many people with mental illness that have a really fucking hard time and cant lead anything like a normal life, and yes, some of them do get angry with the world and the way they are treated by some of the general public who just dont understand, and then on here, as soon as anyone ever dares to say anything that looks like they feel a bit sorry for themself about something - justified or not, everyone basically calls them a cunt.
    I think that this has got to be one of the nastiest boards ive ever come across in that respect.
    I'm glad you wrote that as I am in the process of sorting out benefits for mental health reasons and you describe how things are very accurately.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Learning difficulties and mental health issues never seem to be taken seriously by the general public as genuine disabilities because they aren't necessarily visible, and some people assume you are blagging it.

    Some memebers of the public do blame the parents. (this is what my mum found)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Don't they just :(

    We get all sorts of comments like "Oh he'll grow out of it" "All he needs is a bit more disapline" "If he was my son he wouldn't behave like that" "He's just doing it for attention" "I'm sure he will snap out of it when he realises how silly he looks"---- Just a few of my favourites there!! I'm sure people with mental health issues come across similar unhelpful comments.

    SCC's post was spot on :thumb:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Urgh, when did I say he had more than me? I've got a full time job and I work hard. I never ever slagged him off for having more than me. Read again!

    ETA - here it is, quoted for you.

    You were wrong though. Working people can get DLA too. You have problems with people on benefits for some twisted little reason of your own.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah, Sofie mentioned that in a post later on... I'd never thought of it that way, just simply because I've not come across it personally. So it was just an overlook on my account!

    What I meant by copying that post was to show Blagsta what my original point in this thread was, and to stop any unecessary name-calling on his part. :)

    You however have a history of being petty minded when it comes to benefits and what people are entitled to and it pisses me off.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Plenty of people try and cheat the system. It's a fairly normal response to not want the tax you pay to go to someone who doesn't need it and doesn't deserve it.

    You can be seriously close minded as well blagsta.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Plenty of people try and cheat the system. It's a fairly normal response to not want the tax you pay to go to someone who doesn't need it and doesn't deserve it.

    You can be seriously close minded as well blagsta.

    Indeed
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Plenty of people try and cheat the system. It's a fairly normal response to not want the tax you pay to go to someone who doesn't need it and doesn't deserve it.

    You can be seriously close minded as well blagsta.

    So its a normal response on a thread posted by someone asking for advice is it? Someone who has disclosed mental health problems on here, who has asked for advice before and got the same response from certain individuals on here? That's normal is it? To slag someone off for claiming a benefit that they are fully entitled to? Really?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Plenty of people try and cheat the system. It's a fairly normal response to not want the tax you pay to go to someone who doesn't need it and doesn't deserve it.

    You can be seriously close minded as well blagsta.
    its not a fairly normal response to just assume someone isnt entitled to something and start slagging them off just because some people cheat the system.

    tbh, I dont even get the vitriol for the occasional person who does get a bit extra occasionally. Noone makes their fortunes from the DSS I can assure you, no matter what artical you read in Take-a-break
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Don't suggest I read that kind of arse-wiping trash as some sort of argument, you know better, you know me better.

    What he said was a bit off, the rest of us don't get compensation for funny looks. He should get help, if he needs it, but I wouldn't be happy about paying for someone elses mistakes.

    The reactions here are perhaps a little OTT. They aren't always, most people have an attuned sense of self-justice, they don't like to get cheated.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What did he say that was off? It seemed tongue in cheek to me. Certain people (some of the same people who slagged The Sovereign off on another thread about benefits) then took exception to it for bigoted little reasons of their own. Nice.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This idea that loads of people are raking in from the benefits system is a myth. I see people getting fucked over by the benefits system, over and over again.
    Its like the idea that beggars are raking it in - pernicious myth making by the right.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I agree entirely with what you and SCC are saying Blagsta; but that particular comment didn't seem tongue in cheek at all :confused:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Blagsta wrote:
    What did he say that was off?

    He said that he thinks his benifits are compensation because of the way the public are to him.
Sign In or Register to comment.