Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Views on Long distance relationship

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    point, but still - i don't see why people are so iffy about it. I've had loads of people look at me gone out when i've told them. But I'm not much of a needy touchy feely person so it probably doesn't bother me as much as it might someone else. Doesn't mean i don't love cuddles and all that though :p
  • Options
    It's really interesting to see all your views, yea it does make you value your partner and relationship more as you don't take them being there all the time for granted, although when you do want them thereand they're not it's hard, but never the less I will make the most of the few days she is down for :D, can't wait
  • Options
    I was in a long distance relationship from London (my end) to Bedfordshire. It is bloody hard, especially when hormones kick in and you know you have to wait! trust can be an issue as well. If you're not with someone a lot of the time you start questioning whether or not they;re lying to you about where they've been. Honesty is probably the best policy unless you're cheating, in which case you shouldn't be in the relationship. Theres not much i can say that hasnt already been said, but i hope it works out for you :thumb:
  • Options
    Anyone who immediately writes off the prospect of anything needs to do some growing up. But at the end of the day its only their life options they limit, not mine.

LDRs cannot work in the long-term, eventually you need to move and be together somewhere. But in the short to middle term they can and do work, if the person means enough to you all the travelling and all the missing them is worth it just to be in their arms when you get off the train. They only work if there is commitment, though, and to be quite honest a lot of people are not ready to make that commitment.

My LDR worked because we loved each other enough to make it work, and now we are married.
  • Options
    I'll be honest. I'm not keen on the idea of a long-distance relationship. The idea leaves me slightly cold. I'd only be prepared to do it for a certain amount of time, a few months at most, and only for the right girl. Otherwise, I would not make such a commitment.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Anyone who immediately writes off the prospect of anything needs to do some growing up.

Why?
  • Options
    I think it depends on the couple with the risk of stating the obvious it'll only work if both parties agree to make it work. I've been in some long distance relationships and I'd rather not be in anymore.
  • Options
    It's not something anyone thinks is desirable, but in a choice between sitting on a train for three hours every weekend and losing the girl you love, you get on that train and you think every second is worth it to be in her arms.

And for the girl you love, every second of hassle is worth it just to be in her arms at the end of it.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    Why?

Because all saying never does is back you into a box.

You should be open to all things if you want to enjoy life to the full. If the right opportunity comes along you should take it, and all saying no does is stop you grabbing things with both hands.

The sort of person who says never is the sort of person who would let the man or woman of their dreams go just because they don't "do" LDRs.

And that's my £0.02.
  • Options
    I was in one when the guy I'd ben seeing (for about 2 weeks) moved to Germany. We stayed together for a year after he left, with him coming home every other weekend or me going out there.

We made the most of our time together, and kept in touch through msn, phone, texts etc.

LDR's can work, but both parties need to completely trust each other and want to make it work.
  • Options
    I was in an LDR for 3 years and it was hard but I think if you are commited to each other then it can work. When I got together with my husband we lived 50 miles apart and it did take dedication to keep the relationship going but it was worth it.

Phoenix