Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

China to promote wild animal hunt

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    = :sour:
  • Options
    hmm i can see both sides here and while i'm not fond of the idea, the money is being used to protect animals so if you look at it purely from a numbers point of view then it all balances out no?........i agree the logic is twisted but i think there are far crueller things happening to animals right here as has been pointed out i.e. battery farming, to see the conditions they're raised in is disgusting, wading around in their faeces and pumped so full of growth hormones that their legs can't support the weight and snap, just so we can have cheap poultry, its sickening but we happily continue buying our eggs and poultry from tescos anyways, so maybe its just a bit hypocritical to point the finger at china........

i also think animal charities shouldn't take precedent over humans, and while there are still humans starving then they're going to get my money, not some homeless dog i'm sorry, some people have it so cushty they really need to get a grip.......anyways, when looked at it in the wider context the whole article is a bit of a non-story imo.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I don't see a big problem with it.
    Many animals are only there because make of them. How many cattle and sheep woudl there be in this country if we didn't find them tasty, how many game birds woudl there be if we didn't enjoy shooting them and how many dogs would there be if we didn't keep them as pets?

Controlled hunting will mean that the poplulation of these animals is both managed and protected - that's a good thing surely.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    The important thing is the control though, and I really don't expect the Chinese to be too fussed about controlling the numbers killed very rigidly.

There's nothing wrong with hunting, but there's everything wrong with hunting to extinction, which is what's gonna happen.
  • Options
    Exactly. Seeing as the Chinese haven't been exactly rushed to stop the disgusting hunting of tigers (they make great rugs and their powdered bones give you bigger cocks apparently :rolleyes: ) I don't expect much control in what can or cannot be hunted, and to what extent.

I personally would chop poachers into little pieces and feed them to the beasts... but that's just me.