Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

China to promote wild animal hunt

:lol::lol::lol:

What an awesome story!
What better way to stick two fingers up at the West and the hug-the-animal types with all their endangered species and whatnot than selling foreigners permits to shoot endangered animals? It could only be better if they sold permits to shoot the save-the-animal people. [*starts saving up*]
God bless those Chinamen. The sooner they take over the world the better.

Story.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This is not the first time you show hollow concern for animals. That's fucking sickening and often the sign of a disturbed mind. What exactly is wrong with you?
  • Options
    Wolves are cheap aren't they? I thought they'd be more expensive.
  • Options
    Call me a "hug the animal" type 'til you're blue in the face (though I would hope that most people were that "type" to be honest) but I think that's disgusting. Or to be more exact I think taking joy in that kind of news story is disgusting, Aladdin's point was a good one. I don't disagree with hunting in its natural context but this kind of set-up license to kill doesn't sit well with me; it's five steps down the line from those godawful manmade ponds that people fill with generic fish and allow you to catch for a certain price per hour. Unnatural.
    It could only be better if they sold permits to shoot the save-the-animal people. [*starts saving up*]

:rolleyes:

It's a bizarre conflict of interests claiming that they will use the proceeds to protect the animals they're auctioning the right to hunt, too. Can't really get behind that kind of twisted logic.
  • Options
    Maybe he was humped by a dog as a child.
  • Options
    If we want people in other parts of the World to look after things we like (animals, trees etc.) then we have to pay for it.

We buggered our countryside a long time ago, it seems strange that we expect others to save theirs purely out of the goodness of their hearts.
  • Options
    However mankind in the 21st century has a far better idea of animal conservation, endangered species and the importance of looking after flora and fauna.

Anyone who allows (let alone promotes) endangered species to be hunted is a fucking cunt who deserves to be fed to a pack of while dogs.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    However mankind in the 21st century has a far better idea of animal conservation, endangered species and the importance of looking after flora and fauna.

Anyone who allows (let alone promotes) endangered species to be hunted is a fucking cunt who deserves to be fed to a pack of while dogs.

So we should just ask nicely and they should obey?

What if through an expensive and limited cull they have enough money to run the area as a nature reserve?
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:

What if through an expensive and limited cull they have enough money to run the area as a nature reserve?

strangely though its like when we discovered that place with loads of new species, and they were discussing how best to look after it, whilst its done great by itself for millenia :s

destroying the world food chains, will not have nice consequences eventually, as we'll either land up in a vermin infested world, or only have pig, cattle etc
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Well no, but we shouldn't encourage it either. I'd like to see a law passed punishing any citizens taking such trips. If we can do it to child sex tourists travelling to Thailand I can't see why it can't be done to twats who go on a endangered species hunting trip.
    I don't object to tourists or anyone else shooting animals that need to be culled if it is organised and run properly.

Animals that don't need to be culled shouldn't be shot for just for sport. And animals that are endangered are sure as hell a no-no.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Well no, but we shouldn't encourage it either. I'd like to see a law passed punishing any citizens taking such trips. If we can do it to child sex tourists travelling to Thailand I can't see why it can't be done to twats who go on a endangered species hunting trip.

I don't object to tourists or anyone else shooting animals that need to be culled if it is organised and run properly.

Animals that don't need to be culled shouldn't be shot for just for sport. And animals that are endangered are sure as hell a no-no.

That's just totally impractical, not only would you not be able to enforce it, but you couldnt get all countries to agree. And even if you could stop all Westerners from going there are still plenty of rich Chinese who could do it.

So how do you stop them? Sanctions?

I'm just suggesting that we need to look at this differently, just saying 'dont do that' isnt working and wont work. A large rainforest tree is worth at least $10K, if we dont pay for them to be preserved why should they be?
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Maybe he was humped by a dog as a child.

Yeah spot on Sherlock. About as astute as comparing sex tourism to shooting animals. Incidentally, when else have I shown 'hollow concern for animals'?

It's their land, they can do what the fuck they want with it. If they want to hunt their animals to extinction, who are we to tell them they can't? Why the fuck should they listen to some people far off in the headquarters of whoever it is that decides that an animal is endangered (I'll wager it's NOT China) telling them not to kill their animals on their land because some people in some city 3,000 miles away think that our world would be that much poorer without said animals? Is it evil? Is it cruel? No more cruel than battery farming but no-one kicks up half of the fuss about that than they will do about this. No-one gives a shit about millions upon millions of chickens living in confined spaces in massive sheds up and down the country for nothing more than our dining pleasure. But a few goats and some yaks 5,000 miles away? EVIL! BURN THE WITCHES! KILL THE EVILDOERS!

The BBC only ran this story because it involved China. Not because it's 'evil' or 'cruel' (two words not used in the article incidentally). And the West is getting very fucking frightened of China at the moment because of its size and the fact that it has designs on being a superpower (and who has the right to say that they shouldn't be?). I like to see countries standing up to the bullying twats who run the West. Which is why I love Russia and China (though the former, or at least a good chunk of the former may well become part of the latter). It's nice to see people standing up for themselves and not doing everything the West tells them to do.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    That's just totally impractical, not only would you not be able to enforce it, but you couldnt get all countries to agree.
    I was just talking of Britain. Other countries would be of course free of doing what they wanted. It boils down to what they consider important and right.
    And even if you could stop all Westerners from going there are still plenty of rich Chinese who could do it.
    Still, it's taking a moral stance isn't it?
    So how do you stop them? Sanctions?
    If sanctions really were to work, perhaps. But they are unlikely to work, at least by themselves, so it'd be better to have a combination of sanctions and aid packages to provide whichever funds are needed
    I'm just suggesting that we need to look at this differently, just saying 'dont do that' isnt working and wont work. A large rainforest tree is worth at least $10K, if we dont pay for them to be preserved why should they be?
    It might be in the interests of the whole planet to pay them, and others elsewhere to preserve the rainforests, yes. Look at the Amazonian forest. It's decreasing to really alarming rates, lost as farmers and governments alike burn and race acre after acre of land to convert it for farming.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    I was just talking of Britain. Other countries would be of course free of doing what they wanted. It boils down to what they consider important and right.

Still, it's taking a moral stance isn't it?

So we should make a stand even if it achieves nothing?
    Aladdin wrote:
    It might be in the interests of the whole planet to pay them, and others elsewhere to preserve the rainforests, yes. Look at the Amazonian forest. It's decreasing to really alarming rates, lost as farmers and governments alike burn and race acre after acre of land to convert it for farming.

But we're not willing to pay are we, if we were then we'd be doing it. So, my point is, if this scheme raises the money needed to preserve the animals in the area is it wrong?
  • Options
    Yeah spot on Sherlock. About as astute as comparing sex tourism to shooting animals. Incidentally, when else have I shown 'hollow concern for animals'?
    Unless I had you mixed up with a completely different poster, this is not the first time you have express joy/lack of concern about animals being killed and hunted in for fun regardless of their status is it?
    It's their land, they can do what the fuck they want with it. If they want to hunt their animals to extinction, who are we to tell them they can't?
    They are not "their" animals.

Nobody "owns" animal any more than they own people.
    Why the fuck should they listen to some people far off in the headquarters of whoever it is that decides that an animal is endangered (I'll wager it's NOT China) telling them not to kill their animals on their land because some people in some city 3,000 miles away think that our world would be that much poorer without said animals?Is it evil? Is it cruel? No more cruel than battery farming but no-one kicks up half of the fuss about that than they will do about this. No-one gives a shit about millions upon millions of chickens living in confined spaces in massive sheds up and down the country for nothing more than our dining pleasure. But a few goats and some yaks 5,000 miles away? EVIL! BURN THE WITCHES! KILL THE EVILDOERS!
    A lot of people give a fuck about battery farming. However the subject of endangered species is not to do with cruelty. It's to do with conservation.

The BBC only ran this story because it involved China. Not because it's 'evil' or 'cruel' (two words not used in the article incidentally). And the West is getting very fucking frightened of China at the moment because of its size and the fact that it has designs on being a superpower (and who has the right to say that they shouldn't be?). I like to see countries standing up to the bullying twats who run the West. Which is why I love Russia and China (though the former, or at least a good chunk of the former may well become part of the latter). It's nice to see people standing up for themselves and not doing everything the West tells them to do.
    I couldn't give a shit what country is doing it. China happens to be home to a number of severely endangered species. I would be voicing the same concerns if the animals in question were in Spain, Germany or Argentina.

, for instance, allowed tigers to go extinct would be an utter cunt who deserves to be dropped into a vat of hydrochloric acid very slowly. And any government that allowed this to happen should certainly be subject to isolation, sanctions and worldwide condemnation.

It's about fucking time we all realise that animals and flora

- are not ours to do what the fuck we want with them

- are extremely important to our very survival as a species
  • Options
    Unless I had you mixed up with a completely different poster, this is not the first time you have express joy/lack of concern about animals being killed and hunted in for fun regardless of their status is it?
    It's their land, they can do what the fuck they want with it. If they want to hunt their animals to extinction, who are we to tell them they can't?

Why the fuck should they listen to some people far off in the headquarters of whoever it is that decides that an animal is endangered (I'll wager it's NOT China) telling them not to kill their animals on their land because some people in some city 3,000 miles away think that our world would be that much poorer without said animals?Is it evil? Is it cruel? No more cruel than battery farming but no-one kicks up half of the fuss about that than they will do about this. No-one gives a shit about millions upon millions of chickens living in confined spaces in massive sheds up and down the country for nothing more than our dining pleasure. But a few goats and some yaks 5,000 miles away? EVIL! BURN THE WITCHES! KILL THE EVILDOERS!
    A lot of people give a fuck about battery farming. However the subject of endangered species is not to do with cruelty. It's to do with conservation.

I couldn't give a shit what country is doing it. China happens to be home to a number of severely endangered species. I would be voicing the same concerns if the animals in question were in Spain, Germany or Argentina.

Anyone who, for instance allowed tigers to go extinct would be an utter cunt who deserves to be dropped into a vat of hydrochloric acid very slowly. And any government that allowed this to happen should certainly be subject to isolation, sanctions and worldwide condemnation.

It's about fucking time we all realise that animals and flora

- are not ours to do what the fuck we want with them

- are extremely important to our very survival as a species
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    So we should make a stand even if it achieves nothing?
    I think so, yes.

But we're not willing to pay are we, if we were then we'd be doing it. So, my point is, if this scheme raises the money needed to preserve the animals in the area is it wrong?
    My main objection were to the fact that some species are endangered.

Endangered species should never, ever, be hunted. That really should go without saying.

And as for the others, sure as hell the money could be found from elsewhere. How about diverting 0.0001% of any given country's defence budget? China's would be a good start. Or our own.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:

Nope. I think you have mixed me up with someone else. I'm pro-fox hunting and pro-fur if that makes me hollow but I don't believe I've expressed this vocally or indeed had any long drawn out debates with you about it. Do a search if you want but I'm pretty sure I'm right.
    Aladdin wrote:

Um, yes they are. The live on their land. They belong to them. Until animals are granted rights akin to humans (in China!), sadly they will continue to be an inferior species in the eyes of the law.

So remember, animals are not the same as humans.
    Aladdin wrote:

Conservation to what end? I'd be willing to bet that animal rights types care more about these obscure goats than the poor chickens. That and most animal rights people tend to care about animals than people. Sure, animals have issues, but so do we. Once we sort out our problems then maybe we can solve those of the animals but somewhere along the way, we got our priorities mixed up.

I was talking about this with a friend of mine who does street fundrasing. Now, normally I can't stand these people who for some unknown reason, hang around the student precinct in Bristol (as if students have money to give to charity?). However, he came out with some quite startling statistics. One of those being that some fucking donkey sanctuary down in the West country gets 10x more money (we're talking millions of quids here) donated to it than most arthritis/deafness/blindness/mobility charities put together! FUCK THE HUMANS, SAVE THE DONKEYS! Seriously, what the fuck is up with that? It's nothing personal against animal rights types, just that I think we should sort out the human race's problems first rather than those of the animals. If I had the choice to give my money helping starving children or startving donkeys, I know which I'd choose.

PETA for instance is a truly sickening organisation. Why the US goes after the Taliban when you have this bunch of psychotic animal-rights zealous fundamentalists running around unchecked a lot closer to home is quite beyond me.
  • Options
    PETA for instance is a truly sickening organisation. Why the US goes after the Taliban when you have this bunch of psychotic animal-rights zealous fundamentalists running around unchecked a lot closer to home is quite beyond me.

Please don't assume that the majority of people who consider animal rights and welfare a priority share the values and utilise the same methods of making a difference as PETA do. They don't.

I have to wonder how many "animal rights types" you actually know and open-mindedly converse with; as I can assure you that issues such as battery chicken farming and other domestic problems are very high up on most people's agendas.

I take your point about there being a lot we need to do to help people, too, but I don't believe that the overwhelming majority of people who make charitable donations favour animal charities to the detriment of causes devoted to mental and physical health, aid, poverty, homelessness etc. That said, I don't see the problem that you do with people donating their money to whichever charity they choose - in this case The Donkey Sanctuary. I think it says a lot about a person/community/country/government the way they look after and protect their animals, but clearly to you and other people that is of no great importance. Each to their own.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    PETA is full of idiots and wankers.

I love animals. But animal rights groups often disgust me with thier actions against people.

Am I the ONLY person, btw, to notice this:
    Proceeds from the auction would be used to protect wild animals, the daily said.

So they are hunting... zoo animals, or specifically bred animals for hunting? Hmm. Is it REALLY so bad? I still think it is sick, but AMERICA, who is meant to be setting an example to the rest of the world, has called open season on endangered species there. What do you expect China to do but follow the example, and make money out of it?

I bet loads of Westeneres go there to hunt now.

Japanese are still the worst for animal cruelty IMHO, followed by Philipenses and Korea.
  • Options
    Nope. I think you have mixed me up with someone else. I'm pro-fox hunting and pro-fur if that makes me hollow but I don't believe I've expressed this vocally or indeed had any long drawn out debates with you about it. Do a search if you want but I'm pretty sure I'm right.
    My apologies for the mix up.

Um, yes they are. The live on their land. They belong to them. Until animals are granted rights akin to humans (in China!), sadly they will continue to be an inferior species in the eyes of the law.

So remember, animals are not the same as humans.
    They are not the same, but they do have some rights regarding cruelty and treatment in practically all countries on earth. I guess we are going to disagree as to how far those rights should go. I'd like to see all hunting for sport banned.

Conservation to what end? I'd be willing to bet that animal rights types care more about these obscure goats than the poor chickens. That and most animal rights people tend to care about animals than people. Sure, animals have issues, but so do we. Once we sort out our problems then maybe we can solve those of the animals but somewhere along the way, we got our priorities mixed up.

I was talking about this with a friend of mine who does street fundrasing. Now, normally I can't stand these people who for some unknown reason, hang around the student precinct in Bristol (as if students have money to give to charity?). However, he came out with some quite startling statistics. One of those being that some fucking donkey sanctuary down in the West country gets 10x more money (we're talking millions of quids here) donated to it than most arthritis/deafness/blindness/mobility charities put together! FUCK THE HUMANS, SAVE THE DONKEYS! Seriously, what the fuck is up with that? It's nothing personal against animal rights types, just that I think we should sort out the human race's problems first rather than those of the animals. If I had the choice to give my money helping starving children or startving donkeys, I know which I'd choose.

I don't have a lot of time for many animal welfare organised groups, and of course people should take precedent. But there can and should also be time and effort to ensure we're taking good care of the flora and fauna around us.

Maybe not today and not tomorrow, but eventually mankind would pay very dearly indeed we we think contributing to species going extinct or rainforest being decimated much further isn't going to affect us.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Am I the ONLY person, btw, to notice this:

Erm, did you read my posts?
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    I don't have a lot of time for many animal welfare organised groups, and of course people should take precedent. But there can and should also be time and effort to ensure we're taking good care of the flora and fauna around us.

Maybe not today and not tomorrow, but eventually mankind would pay very dearly indeed we we think contributing to species going extinct or rainforest being decimated much further isn't going to affect us.

It doesnt have to be an either or. There are schemes in place which allow locals to make money from the rainforest/animals/lakes/etc. and still preserve the locality. But in the main they do need funding from us rich westerners who love the forests/animals/etc so much.

But I fear we dont love them enough to actually dip into our pockets and pay for it.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:

:lol: I know... and I mentioned it too, I think.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Please don't assume that the majority of people who consider animal rights and welfare a priority share the values and utilise the same methods of making a difference as PETA do. They don't.
    Aladdin wrote:
    I don't have a lot of time for many animal welfare organised groups, and of course people should take precedent.

Well I'm glad we agree on that.
    briggi wrote:
    I don't believe that the overwhelming majority of people who make charitable donations favour animal charities to the detriment of causes devoted to mental and physical health, aid, poverty, homelessness etc.

Perhaps not consciously, ie. they don't say fuck the starving kids, the donkeys are getting my cash, but I'm willing to bet that half of the money given to the RSPCA and RSPB would be better used helping people rather than animals.
    briggi wrote:
    That said, I don't see the problem that you do with people donating their money to whichever charity they choose - in this case The Donkey Sanctuary. I think it says a lot about a person/community/country/government the way they look after and protect their animals, but clearly to you and other people that is of no great importance. Each to their own.

Naturally - people are free to give their money to whomever they choose but it does say a lot about the state of our animal rights consciousness when donkeys in the west country are getting 10x more money than startving kids, mobility-restricted folk, deaf and blind people and old folks with ahritis. It perhaps says that animal rights has gone too far and that we need to step back and just put things into perspective ie, that we should be saving the humans before saving the animals.

Disclaimer: no animals were harmed in the typing of this post
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    bongbudda wrote:
    I was refering to people who have come here and gone "OMG endagered species".

You seem to understand what China appaears to be doing. Aladdin seems to be rather reactionary on this subject, for instance.

Hunting for sport isn't something I particularly agree with. Bunt so long as the animal gets a quick, reasonable death - instead of torn apart by hounds - I am quite alright.

The RSPCA and RSPB are probably doing a better job helping animals than half the fucking Human Aid organisations do for people.

The head of OXFAM is fucking rolling in the dosh, for instance. I am highly sceptical of Human carities, more than animal ones. Very little cash seems to make it to people. Alot does to animals.

However, HAMAS I believe are fairly good as Charities go. Excluding the military wing.
  • Options
    Who cares? They're just critters.
  • Options
    I think that its a generaly good idea, such schemes are or should be all about managing wildlife researves for the long tearm.
    It provides an income for the reserve to protect against poachers it makes keeping such areas and species healthy in the interests of the local people.
  • Options
    the area for hunting was strictly under control, so the total number animal species won't be affect that much.

for those strictly animal lover(bestiality?), maybe they have to stop eating beef, port, or chicken before they criticize others.
  • Options
    Don't you see the differnece between hunting for food and hunting for the hell of it then achinese?
  • Options
    achinese wrote:
    the area for hunting was strictly under control, so the total number animal species won't be affect that much.

for those strictly animal lover(bestiality?), maybe they have to stop eating beef, port, or chicken before they criticize others.
    There's a difference between having an appreciation for living creatures and having interspecies sex, a BIG difference.

I often wonder what sort of mentality it takes to want to go out and kill animals for 'fun' and yes, that is my ethnocentric outlook on Eastern animal rights. I don't see how anybody can call their country 'civilised' until it practices respect for all sentient creatures. I don't have issues with people who hunt because they have to eat of course (to be fair, a wild animal has probably had a nicer life than a battery hen), or killing an animal for personal safety or culling for conservation purposes... But as far as I believe there's no difference between people who abuse their pets for fun and people who hunt for fun.