Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Choose your own cabinet!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You're such a girlie girl at heart Sophia :)
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    International Development Secretary: Stargalaxy
    I've never been quite sure what this job involves. Is it something to do with giving out aid grants to African countries to help their poor when the money will in fact go to corrupt dictators?
    subject13 wrote:
    You're such a girlie girl at heart Sophia :)
    Each cabinet needs a bit of eye candy. ;):p
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    :blush: Aww shucks, thanks. :) Glad to see I can be of some use, even if I'm not clever enough to have a proper job, I can always look pretty and make the tea while you boys get on with the real work :D
    Behind every successful man, there is a woman. Women have more influence than they realise.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Behind every successful man, there is a woman. Women have more influence than they realise.
    Yep! Look at Hilary Clinton!
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    If I was PM eh?

Hmmm.........

Firstly, I'd abolish all elections. I'm installing myself as dictator for life. You have every right to complain and protest.....as long as you're prepared for a violent death at the hands and boots of my stormtroopers.

I'd still delegate a bit but you'd no longer be the 'Minister for'. You'd be 'the unquestioning serf in charge of'.

Apart from that, things would run as normal. Apart from the new cabinet for feminism. And I'm only introducing that because I'm scared of Sophia :nervous:
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    Yes, if they're happy enough to play a supporting role in helping someone else to achieve their ambitions. If they have any ambitions of their own however, it's a lot harder.

Ooh, serious points being made in the silly thread.
    I suspect Hilary Clinton did a lot more than support her husband whilst he was President. Tony Blair has previously spoken of how essential Cherie Blair is to him, that he couldn't do his job without her support.

As for women with ambitions of their own, it probably is harder in politics, for instance. It's always been claimed that sexism in politics is dying out, and that things are being done about it, but I'm not totally convinced.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Bloody hell I was mentioned twice! :eek:

Oh, and if I were PM, I'd just get Sophia and Kermit to run it all for me.
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    I could totally go off on one about this issue, but I won't, mainly because it's of interest to no one but me really. However, you're all welcome to read my PhD when it's finished :D
    Of interest just to you? Hmm... I wonder how women can be encouraged into politics if rampant sexism exists within it.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    c'mon Sophia after commenting on evryone's else's cabinet isn't in time you followed in Mrs Thatcher's foot steps and appoint your own cabinet...
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    Transport Secretary: JsT and stargalaxy
    ***flees Downing Street immediately on the news*** :p
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Yet another Cabinet i am left out of...i guess i must not be ambitious enough to earn a place in anyone's cabinet.

Back to the point on women in politics or sexism in general...is it just me or are intelligent, strong willed, ambitious women just totally hot? (provided they have the looks to match)
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    Yet another Cabinet i am left out of...i guess i must not be ambitious enough to earn a place in anyone's cabinet.

Back to the point on women in politics or sexism in general...is it just me or are intelligent, strong willed, ambitious women just totally hot? (provided they have the looks to match)
    Like whom, for instance? :p
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    I dont know what you look like, but if your as hot as you spell, i probably would beat down your door...not a smart thing as you would have me arrested for breaking and entering lol
  • Options
    She's on the pictures thread, y'know?
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    I've already told you subject13, I can't allow anyone in my cabinet who can't spell their own usertitle properly, I'm a spelling and grammar Nazi you see :p

And of course intelligent, strong willed, ambitious women are totally hot, hence all the hundreds of gorgeous men beating my door down every day. :D
    There you go, talking about sexism in politics. Now, you suddenly start talking about "hot" certain female politicians are! :p As far as I can see, there are no "hot" politicians at all. Even when I did a thread about this subject, I got very few results.

Mind you, my own personal hotness isn't in doubt. I know I'm gorgeous. ;)
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    Grrr, I really can't win on that one tbh. My first thought about that post by subject13 was, why is it that no matter what a woman does, how hard she works, what she achieves, the first thing anyone will talk about is how sexy she is? Why do we have to even discuss the sexual attractiveness of women in politics, when we sure as hell don't do it with men?
    Because most of the men in politics are ugly bastards with no chance of getting laid, and who probably last had sex around 1975. :p
    And then I thought, nah, I'd best not say all that, because people already think I'm scary and stroppy with no sense of humour just because I'm a feminist, and that's exactly what they'll say if I post all that, so I'd better just let it go and make light of it. Which I did, but then I get criticised for being contradictory and inconsistent. Sigh, tis a hard life...
    Nobody thinks that of you. I'm starting to get attracted to this feminist lark... :love:
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    :heart:
    Yeah, join in with the cause. Girl power and all that shite :yippe:
    I always was part of the cause. I love women. Absolutely adore women.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    Good, so you should, aren't we all lovely? Even the overly opinionated and stroppy ones like me :D
    No, not all women are lovely. I've met some right bitches in my time. You're lovely, though. And kinda cute... since this is the "choose your own cabinet" thread, (how far off topic have we drifted now?) why don't you be the Prime Ministerial secretary? Come to work in your shortest skirt... :p;)