Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Are young people allowed to do ANYTHING anymore?!

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Absolute morons.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How fucking stupid. I used to do that out the back lane and i didn't end up doing high level crime.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    How is this 'anti-social'? Surely the police have better (and more important) things to do than telling kids what they can and can't play? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Surely hopscotch is one of the things police should be encouraging children to do.
  • Options
    We are breeding a whole generation of kids who will grow up hating the Police, this is really dangerous.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Surely hopscotch is one of the things police should be encouraging children to do.

:yes: It does seem like we can't do anything )othr than sitting on our arses all day) without it being seen as 'wrong'...
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    :yes: It does seem like we can't do anything )othr than sitting on our arses all day) without it being seen as 'wrong'...

You cant do that either, because you'll get fat.

Basically you need to go to school, get lots of exercise, eat healthy food and never be seen or heard by any adults other than your parents.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    You cant do that either, because you'll get fat.

Basically you need to go to school, get lots of exercise, eat healthy food and never be seen or heard by any adults other than your parents.

It does seem like that.
  • Options
    what a joke! If the children stayed in all day they would complain that they werent outside getting exercise. Poor kids
  • Options
    Just to answer Miffy's question: No, they can't.

There's a little sweet shop near me, on the edge of a very popular housing estate just off a main road. On the main road, there is a large primary school at one end, and a very large high school on the other. Obviously, children from this housing estate go to these schools, and loads of kids cut through the estate to get to the shop.

You'd think they'd be loving the business they get an hour befor closing every night.

But no. Only 2 children wearing school uniform, or of school age, are allowed in at a time.

I went in at school leaving time the other day, since I now can :D and I asked if they had problems with stealing or something from the pupils in the past.....

But no. Never, apparently, not that they know of. They just don't want more than 2 school children in at a time for the very very obvious reason of...............

it's too noisy. :eek: I mean, that's just pathetic if you ask me.
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    But no. Only 2 children wearing school uniform, or of school age, are allowed in at a time.

It's like that at one of the shops near the loal secondary school.

About 3 years ago, we had a policeman coming into chool to talk to us. He said that they were going to reinforce a law of some sort so that if there's a group of children hanging around outside a shop or something, the police could move them on, becaus of course any child who is hanging around is going to cause trouble...:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    He said that they were going to reinforce a law of some sort so that if there's a group of children hanging around outside a shop or something, the police could move them on, becaus of course any child who is hanging around is going to cause trouble...:rolleyes:

Actually it can be very intimidating and i would rather they are moved on too. Many old people get scared of going to shops for this reason.
  • Options
    Whoever's reported them to the police is sure to get some stink bombs on their door at halloween or something.
  • Options
    One of the first memories I have about moving to this country was seeing a notice in the window of a convenience shop banning more than 2 schoolchildren from being in the premises at the same time.

I couldn't quite believe it.
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    Many old people get scared of going to shops for this reason.
    Boo hoo. Do they get scared because they have reason to, or because the Daily Mail and Daily Express have told them to be scared?
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    That's really sad.
  • Options
    I have an urge to go and draw hopscotch in the street. Technically, I'm a child (under 18), if it wasn't so bloody wet I'd go see what happens to me!
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    I have an urge to go and draw hopscotch in the street. Technically, I'm a child (under 18), if it wasn't so bloody wet I'd go see what happens to me!

Actually a child is someone under 15. You are a young adult.
  • Options
    Boo hoo. Do they get scared because they have reason to, or because the Daily Mail and Daily Express have told them to be scared?
    Whats the daily mail or daily express got to do with it?:confused:
    People get scared when walking past a group of kids. They shouldn't have to but they do as OFTEN kids shout out stupid things. I have seen it happen.
    You might not give a toss about old people or anyone for that matter getting scared but i do.
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    OFTEN kids shout out stupid things. I have seen it happen.

Same here. And I've had 4 year old kids (maybe 5) shout random crap at me.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    It's not only old people. Everyone will get the odd bit of nerves walking past a group of youths, especially if they do shout something. I've been in groups that have shouted at passer bys, they just do it to act hard, hardly ever will they do something about it. Actually, practically never.
  • Options

Exactly. That and red meat, cereal, air, water, meteors, killer bees and whatever else is meantto kill them this week.

I just want to know, and the article didn't mention this, who were the sad fuckers who complained in the first place?

According to Wikipedia, hopscotch has been around, in one form or another, since Roman times so chances are, unless the people who complained are 3,000 years old, I'd wager my grandmother that they played it aswell in their youth and weren't threatened with a fucking A.S.B.O. for their troubles. It harms no-one, causes no criminal damage (or none that can't be washed away with a cup of water) and keeps the kids from robbing up old ladies. I really don't see what the problem is.

I can see it now "ASBO for playing hopscotch". Sad twats.
  • Options
    Whoever it is, you've got to be a really miserable git to whinge about kids drawing on the pavement in chalk. It washes off the very next time it rains!
  • Options
    its a bit of chalk on a pavement - it soon rubs off. How silly.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Whoever it is, you've got to be a really miserable git to whinge about kids drawing on the pavement in chalk. It washes off the very next time it rains!

:yes: That person probably want all children to just play video game or something...
  • Options
    and would yet whinge about kids being too fat and not getting enough excercise
  • Options
    The whinging old biddies who complained should have their windows put through.

That's what you get in a country where only old stupid cunts have any power.
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    People get scared when walking past a group of kids. They shouldn't have to but they do as OFTEN kids shout out stupid things. I have seen it happen.
    You might not give a toss about old people or anyone for that matter getting scared but i do.
    I don't care about their fears because they are almost always irrational fears, and I don't think that laws should be based on irrational fears. I don't know anyone who's been attacked by a gang of youths hanging outside a shop in broad daylight or playing hopscotch, and so it's completely pathetic to stop people doing so just to appear as if you're doing something to stop crime. Do these same people get scared every time they step onto the road, because statistically, they're way more likely to be mown down by a car?
  • Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if that happened at all. Then maybe the whinging old fucks will realise that hopscotch really isn't that bad after all when they don't have any windows left.