Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

13% of UK Muslims believe the 7/7 bombers should be regarded as martyrs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/5144438.stm

Very worrying indeed. Instead of the muslim community feeling alienated, the rest of us feel alienated toward them with comments like this.

I'm just sick of this culture where the msulim point of view is always put first. They're are always consulted on etc.

Comments

• Options
    luke88 wrote:
    I'm just sick of this culture where the msulim point of view is always put first. They're are always consulted on etc.
    :confused: How or when has the muslim point of view been put 'first'?
  • Options
    because the leader of the majority happens to be tony blair, thats how you form a government
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/5144438.stm

Very worrying indeed. Instead of the muslim community feeling alienated, the rest of us feel alienated toward them with comments like this.

I watched the Muslim Council of Britain put a case against the government in consultation over the new (now old) terrorism powers containted in emergancy legislation after 7/7. their representatives did an excellent job. I just worry one day i'll get attacked by a muslim and it'll ruin my idealistic image of a near perfect race of people. - hardworking, etc. I struggle to see why the muslim countries havn't adopted free market thinking because i think their communities would do very well.
  • Options
    Perhaps they don't like the 'qualities' a free market approach to life encompasses... I don't either and I ain't Muslim.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    :confused: How or when has the muslim point of view been put 'first'?
    Muslims are always consulted etc. Why do we need a muslim parliament?
    Why haven't we got a Catholic parliament or a gay parliament?
  • Options
    I watched the Muslim Council of Britain put a case against the government in consultation over the new (now old) terrorism powers containted in emergancy legislation after 7/7. their representatives did an excellent job. I just worry one day i'll get attacked by a muslim and it'll ruin my idealistic image of a near perfect race of people. - hardworking, etc. I struggle to see why the muslim countries havn't adopted free market thinking because i think their communities would do very well.
    The muslim community must stop calling them selves british muslim as a religion is not a nationality. They're British pakistani for example.
    Further more, why can't they call them selves the British community instead of Muslim community? That just distances them selves.

Abolish all faith schools.
    Signs, directions, government leaflets all in English only.
    End positive discrimination.
  • Options
    i think if we can makes signs and leaflets in other languages it shows us as a kind and caring and accepting country

as opposed to a bigoted closed minded bunch of moronic fools as lead by the great PM luke
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    Yeah, because they never ask the Arch-Bishop of Cantebury's opinion on anything do they? Or Jewish leaders? Or Sikh leaders? Particularly when the issue in question is specifically relevent to that community.
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    i think if we can makes signs and leaflets in other languages it shows us as a kind and caring and accepting country

as opposed to a bigoted closed minded bunch of moronic fools as lead by the great PM luke
    Oh don't forget the racism as well!

If you're in England you should respect that this country speaks English therefore in order to get around you must be able to speak English.
    We're kind enough as it is thank you.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    Oh don't forget the racism as well!

If you're in England you should respect that this country speaks English therefore in order to get around you must be able to speak English.
    We're kind enough as it is thank you.

i can respect that this country speaks english, and be able to speak enlgish myself, but that doesnt stop me from also being able to speak punjabi, or other languages
  • Options
    There views are not being 'put first' As others have mentioned above every religion is consulted about matters that relate to them. Though closet rascists like yourself are always going to claim they are being 'put first' Should they have no views at all? I cant say i blame the 13% for their views at the moment in the way that Muslims have been treated since last years attacks.
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    i can respect that this country speaks english, and be able to speak enlgish myself, but that doesnt stop me from also being able to speak punjabi, or other languages
    You can speak what language you like as long as you can grasp English enough to get along in society. To get those who have failed to intergrate, to actually intergarte, having signs in Arabic for example is the wrong way of going about it.
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    I cant say i blame the 13% for their views at the moment in the way that Muslims have been treated since last years attacks.
    What? Try telling that to a victim of 7/7 you stupid little boy.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    What? Try telling that to a victim of 7/7 you stupid little boy.

yeh but the way the muslims have been treated sicne 7/7 is dispicable

considering those who carried out the attack died

luke, you are the stupid little boy, not renzo

all these muslim people, including some of my friends, who have had trouble and racist abuse from the likes of you, since 7/7, they had nothing to do with the attacks

so luke, what are you going to telll me next, that i cant be friends with a muslim?
  • Options
    I'd like to see the questions that were asked. Its well known that opinion polls are easy to sway in favour of a desired result, depending on the questions asked.
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    yeh but the way the muslims have been treated sicne 7/7 is dispicable

considering those who carried out the attack died

luke, you are the stupid little boy, not renzo

all these muslim people, including some of my friends, who have had trouble and racist abuse from the likes of you, since 7/7, they had nothing to do with the attacks

so luke, what are you going to telll me next, that i cant be friends with a muslim?
    So it is right to use violence? Is it right to kill innocents because they do not agree with western policy? If, god for bidden, 7.7 happens to happen again maksure sure you and your family are there.

Racist attacks from me? Who are you kidding? 21 you are, start acting it. little boy.
  • Options
    MrG wrote:

God, you are such a stupid idiot. More garbage.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    So it is right to use violence?

I dunno, ask the people of Iraq.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    God, you are such a stupid idiot. More garbage.

luke you have no right to call anything i say garbage after what you said in this post
    http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showpost.php?p=1731845&postcount=14

of course muslims are going to be feeling bad because of the treatment they have received after 7/7, as for telling that to a 7/7 victim, i wouldnt, because i dont suffer from racist knee jerk reactions such as yourself luke

you need to calm yourself down again, before you get banned again
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    luke you have no right to call anything i say garbage after what you said in this post

of course muslims are going to be feeling bad because of the treatment they have received after 7/7, as for telling that to a 7/7 victim, i wouldnt, because i dont suffer from racist knee jerk reactions such as yourself luke

you need to calm yourself down again, before you get banned again
    Muslims have a right to feel bad but they don't have a right to kill innocents.

The general public have a right to be angered at the muslim community but they don't have the right to be racist.
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    I will say what ever I like whether you like it or not.

As long as it sticks to the rules.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    Muslims have a right to feel bad but they don't have a right to kill innocents.

The general public have a right to be angered at the muslim community but they don't have the right to be racist.

now you see i agree with you there

but when you look at what renzo actually said, and you also realise that many of the muslims, if not most of them that have suffered racial abuse from white english people, were not involved in the attacks

just because they are not allowed to be racist, doesnt mean we are
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    now you see i agree with you there

but when you look at what renzo actually said, and you also realise that many of the muslims, if not most of them that have suffered racial abuse from white english people, were not involved in the attacks

just because they are not allowed to be racist, doesnt mean we are
    Despite what anger muslims may be feeling, they don't have the right to think that it was right to kill innocents. Ironically the killers murdered muslims too.
  • Options
    Can you imagine the amount of time they have spend to ask every single muslim in the UK what they thought... Stats are never to be taken too seriously imo... Do a survey and ask how many people think all muslim are evil and must be killed and I'm pretty sure you would get some higher results...

Funny those kinds of survey popup when US is considering going to war against an other muslim country... Maybe they are just preparing the masses... Cos if that happends it is more tha likely than UK will join the war again...
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:

The general public have a right to be angered at the muslim community

Which Muslim community?
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    Despite what anger muslims may be feeling, they don't have the right to think that it was right to kill innocents. Ironically the killers murdered muslims too.
    They have the right to think whatever they want. I have the right to think Hitler was a brilliant bloke if I want to. Unless you're suggesting we start to tell people what they can and can't think now.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:

They have the right to think whatever they like, same as you do.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Which Muslim community?
    The one in this country. The UK)
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Which Muslim community?
    You know the muslim community. They're all the same you know. They don't think like 'us', they're not brought up the same.:p
  • Options
    im glad you all came in here, its helped defuse the situation of moronicness