Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

McDonalds See The Light?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    just thought i'd add ...i try my dmndest to never eat in macs ...sometimes on a long journey i have to though.
    reluctantly.
    I eat there because it's free when I have my breaks.

And because it's quick when I cba...
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    I eat there because it's free when I have my breaks.

And because it's quick when I cba...
    it just makes me hungry!
  • Options
    kebabs > macs
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    it just makes me hungry!

Yeah. You can eat a McDonalds and still feel hungry after. It's crap tbh.

Long live Roast Beef meals down a pub.
  • Options
    That's because, despite being all proper food, they aren't ACTUALLY substantial.

The ice cream fills me up more tbh.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Franki wrote:
    That's because, despite being all proper food, they aren't ACTUALLY substantial.

Just eat teh McNuggets. Give me free McNuggets.
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    What, those tiny little McFlurry things? If that fills you up, you must have the tiniest stomach known to mankind. :p
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    What, those tiny little McFlurry things? If that fills you up, you must have the tiniest stomach known to mankind. :p
    TINY?! Where have YOU been? You get loads of ice cream in one of them. Or you do in a Franki-Flurry.

Will - the nuggets were worse :p. I had them today and I was just like OMG SO HUNGRY at the end of my shift.
  • Options
    do they still do those wonderful cinamon apple thingies?
  • Options
    Apple pies :p?
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    Apple pies :p?
    yeah ...like a wrap in a box.
  • Options
    Urgh... Even when I was a meat-eater I couldn't stand McDonalds.

Gimme some falafel instead, that's the closest to fast food I'll touch.
  • Options
    [QUOTE='-[MoonRat]
    Gimme some falafel instead, that's the closest to fast food I'll touch.[/QUOTE]

theres a dude in camden called veg and chicken and he serves the best falafel!
    still not sure whats in it!
  • Options
    theres a dude in camden called veg and chicken and he serves the best falafel!
    still not sure whats in it!
    Might be best not to ask, then. ;)
  • Options
    Gimme some falafel instead, .
    whaaa?
  • Options
    I dont think McDonald's get the credit they deserve sometimes. They arent perfect but they do try.

I think McDonald's in the UK has learnt its lesson and is changing for the better.

Thats just my personal opinion, however I must admit I worked in public relations for them

:)
  • Options
    I thought this thread was gonna say Mac's were finally going to improve the taste of the food.

I like the fries though, but I remember years ago thye brought out the DLT (although was in Canada at the time) and it was soo nice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTSdUOC8Kac
  • Options
    Does anyone else remember when they did little chees love heart ball things? they were lush.And, when I was in prague they had cheese and brocoli bites, they were lush too. Nicest thing in McD at the mo is the choc milkshakes, was gutted when they stopped doing the rolo ones.
  • Options
    Calvin wrote:
    I dont think McDonald's get the credit they deserve sometimes. They arent perfect but they do try.

I think McDonald's in the UK has learnt its lesson and is changing for the better.

Thats just my personal opinion, however I must admit I worked in public relations for them

:)
    It's simple really... If you make fast food then you aren't doing the environment any good. The meat industry is terrible for the environment and even if Maccy D's are giving you british beef, the money is still filtering through to the multinational it is and causing more damage on a global scale... For example the amount of pollution from intensive farming, the amount of crops that need to be used to feed the animals. Without sounding too much like a veggie nazi... You can't eat something like McDonald's and ever claim to be caring about the environment.

I think a lot of companies at the moment are swaying towards the idea of being ethical as that is where the money is going. In many ways it is a good thing, but personally my beef (lol pun, did ya hear that???) with companies like the burger giants is that although they say "hey we're doing this for x cause" it doesn't make them a clean company. For example, Nestlé have fair trade chocolate now, but it doesn't mean their shit don't stink.

I believe that companies should be applauded for going greener if they are being true to their word, but should be encouraged to do more. Most of it always is 'greenwash' though...
  • Options
    We need to get McDonnalds to cross the cow with the kangaroo, the latter dont fart because they have special bacteria in their gut. If we could get cows and sheep not to fart it would be a huge bonus for the enviroment.
  • Options
    budda wrote:
    We need to get McDonnalds to cross the cow with the kangaroo, the latter dont fart because they have special bacteria in their gut. If we could get cows and sheep not to fart it would be a huge bonus for the enviroment.
    Hehe yeah... But there's still all the poo and waste from them and the animal feed which needs to be grown and transported.
  • Options
    Not sure how true this is but i read somewhere a while back that the whole 'we use 100% pure beef' thing is a load of crap and that mcDiddums had created their own company called 100% pure beef (which would make their slogan technically true). Anyone know the truth behind this?
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    Not sure how true this is but i read somewhere a while back that the whole 'we use 100% pure beef' thing is a load of crap and that mcDiddums had created their own company called 100% pure beef (which would make their slogan technically true). Anyone know the truth behind this?
    Really?

That's pure genius!
  • Options
    Hehe yeah... But there's still all the poo and waste from them and the animal feed which needs to be grown and transported.

But the poo could be put to good use, the Danish are using pig poo to produce both a good fertiliser for the fields and methane to heat the sheds.
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    I don't think that's true. But don't quote me. It just seems very unlikely considering how concerned they are about getting their arses sued. *shrug*

I have noticed, though, that our burgers are getting distinctly less perfectly-round than they used to be...
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    It's not true.

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/food/coweyes.htm

That explains why pretty well.
  • Options
    icey wrote:

Defnitley isnt true, I went on a visit to a UK farm, and watched how the beef got turned into burgers.

There are loads of myths about McDonald's, if you look at snopes.com, you will realise the majority are rubbish.

Hope that helps

Cal

:thumb:
  • Options
    icey wrote:

Yeah, but the '100% beef' claim is to say that they don't add bread etc to the burger. However, the cow's lips, tits and arseholes are still 100% beef ....
  • Options
    Teagan wrote:
    Yeah, but the '100% beef' claim is to say that they don't add bread etc to the burger. However, the cow's lips, tits and arseholes are still 100% beef ....

Udders, testicles, intestines and the like are served quite openly places like Buenos Aires - in fact they cost more than a steak. Do we only not like them in burgers because we're squeamish about those bits of cows? All tastes the same once it's minced up and covered in special sauce anyway.
  • Options
    Calvin wrote:
    Defnitley isnt true, I went on a visit to a UK farm, and watched how the beef got turned into burgers.

There are loads of myths about McDonald's, if you look at snopes.com, you will realise the majority are rubbish.

Hope that helps

Cal

:thumb:
    So there are no additives in it?

I don't see how McDonalds can produce so many beef burgers and chicken burgers without factory farming anyway.