Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mothers bathing their boys

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
At what age should a mother stop bathing her boy and washing his hair? I ask this because mine was late, at least I think it was.

Comments

• Options
    It wasn't last week was it?
  • Options
    until he's old enough to bathe himself?
  • Options
    Mia_16 wrote:

Thats what I was gonna say :p.
  • Options
    when they start doing it themselves properly.
  • Options
    Tugger wrote:
    At what age should a mother stop bathing her boy and washing his hair? I ask this because mine was late, at least I think it was.

I hope that you are referring to the hair on your head ... ? :D
  • Options
    i remember when i was about 16, i found out my friends mum still bathed her brother, and he was 2 years older than me, making him 18 :|

That scared me.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure my mum and dad used to help me in the bath washing my hair and stuff untill i was in year 2 so about 6/7? I never found it weird or anything, i'm sure most peoples parents washed their hair for them and stuff.
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    i remember when i was about 16, i found out my friends mum still bathed her brother, and he was 2 years older than me, making him 18 :|

That scared me.

Now that is what i would call odd :/
  • Options
    as in washing his back and his hair? I dont think thats weird necessarily, but if shes helping him wash his winkie, and then snuggling him dry after the bath, then thats probably a little innapropriate.
  • Options
    Tugger wrote:
    what is the point in this question?
    she should stop as has been said when he can do it for himself.
    Blah wrote:
    ... probably some mum who wanted her son to stay a child forever.
  • Options
    My mum bathed me and washed my hair until I was about 17. I don't mean everytime but sometimes. She liked doing it.
  • Options
    Mia_16 wrote:

:yes: Bathing is a one person deal. Unless you need help, such as you are physically incapble of doing things yourself, or if your having sex in the shower.

I would honestly get the mothers mental state checked out if she were doing it longer. It could be very disruptive on the childs wellbeing and their own mental state. Talk about causing an oedipus complex.

Or it could also cause the child to become so bored and desperate with life that they have nothing better to do than to spend all their time making up crap and posting it on a random internet message board.
  • Options
    Tugger wrote:
    My mum bathed me and washed my hair until I was about 17. I don't mean everytime but sometimes. She liked doing it.

Well, as long as it didn't bother you, then so what? But the fact that you asked in the first place arouses my suspicions that you are not that happy about it ... ?
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Or it could also cause the child to become so bored and desperate with life that they have nothing better to do than to spend all their time making up crap and posting it on a random internet message board.

:lol: :thumb:
  • Options
    My little sister is 8 and she's been washing herself ever since she threw a hissy fit and insisted she could do it herself. And I'm pretty sure I'm the same.

Just seems like there was an age where she developed her own sense of privacy and stuff.
  • Options
    Tugger wrote:

That i find weird.

My parents stopped bathing me when i was about 3/4 maybe. Obviously they still came an checked on me, but no actual washing. Maybe 10 when i started doing my hair.
  • Options
    Around 7 for me.
  • Options
    my son is 5 and bathes on his own, but i wash his hair for him and help him get dried.
    If your mum did that to you till you were 17, well I guess it doesnt have to be innapropriate. only you and her will know if it was.
  • Options
    Looking back now I think it was a bit strange but funnily enough I didn't at the time.
  • Options
    I think basically I stopped being washed when my parents felt it was safe enough to leave me without me drowning. Probably around 5/6 years old

Saying that though I used to get in the bath with my Dad til I was about 10, didn't think it was strange at all...we used to wet bits of toilet roll and flick them onto the ceiling! lol!

We used to hope that a bit would fall onto someone while they were in the bath or on the loo.
  • Options
    I don't think I was that old, tbh. Saying that, a few years ago my dad did have to wash my hair.

And to the OP - why have you posted this question? I find it odd.
  • Options
    I was probably about six the last time my mum bathed me. I'm more bemused however, as to why this question is even being asked at all.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I'm more bemused however, as to why this question is even being asked at all.

:yes:
  • Options
    Quite.
  • Options
    IWishIWas wrote:
    Quite.

I think hes trying to perve/troll.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I think hes trying to perve/troll.

As you do. Heck, that's what these forums are for these days. Or did I just make that up?

PS. JK.
  • Options
    Maybe he's just thinking out loud, since he's said he was bathed until he was 17, and looking back on it he thinks its a bit weird. :chin: I think its a bit strange too. But you know, different strokes for different folks.
  • Options
    Maybe he's just thinking out loud, since he's said he was bathed until he was 17, and looking back on it he thinks its a bit weird. :chin: I think its a bit strange too. But you know, different strokes for different folks.

:yes:
  • Options

If that's what ya call it these days, then yes, I concur!
  • Options
    My mummy still washes me now.
This discussion has been closed.