Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How important are looks?

2»

Comments

• Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Although I dont see looks as the be all and end all, it is important. I started seeing this lad once, and he was so lovely, and treated me like a princess (which i am!) but when it came down to it, i was just not interested because i wasnt attracted to him. but i know other people are.
    its all about individual taste, and if you have a good personality that will shine through, but as MoonRat said, being desperate is a serious turn off, as the lass wont feel special in the slightest!
    But on to the point of you, Tugger, saying you're, lets say, slightly below average on the scale of good looks...there are so many things you can do to change this. A new haircut, trendy clothes, a facial skin routine. One of my exes is so vain, and thats how he pulls, he is attractive, but he wouldnt be anywhere near as nice if he didnt put all the effort in that he does.
    if you want to moan or become my little project for the summer to turn you into Orlando Bloom just PM me.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    if you want to moan or become my little project for the summer to turn you into Orlando Bloom just PM me.

Aww, aren't you a sweetheart! :D

In terms of the question (which I actually think has been done twice fairly recently) looks are by no means the only factor when it comes to fancying someone; but they are pretty important in most circumstances.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    briggi wrote:
    Aww, aren't you a sweetheart! :D
    :blush: thank you, i do try!
  • Options
    This is an age-old question. My answer is, yes, looks ARE important. Let's face facts. I don't want to go out with a hideously ugly woman. Nor do I want to meet the most beautiful woman in the world, only to discover she has the intellectual capacity of a boiled potato and no personality to speak of. Looks are very important initally, less so later on. I reckon, anyway.
  • Options
    I think looks are important but not as important as personality. I've dated some really good looking guys but they have been complete knobs and have only been after thing. I may be judgemental but from experience, I've found that all the good looking guys are players. Out of everyone I've been out with, its the less good looking guys that I've had more of a connection with.

I could not go out with a good looking guy who had no personality yet I could go out with a less good looking guy with a brilliant personality. I've found that I'm attracted to guys with a really good personality. However, there needs to be some sort of physical attraction because otherwise I couldn't see myself doing anything with them.
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    I think looks are important but not as important as personality. I've dated some really good looking guys but they have been complete knobs and have only been after thing. I may be judgemental but I seem to think that all the good looking guys are players.
    I doubt that's very fair, but there's probably some truth in this. Guys who think they're good-looking are usually more confident about their ability to get laid. Personally, I can't stand guys who go round wanting just one thing from women - they give the rest of us a bad name.
  • Options
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    or become my little project for the summer to turn you into Orlando Bloom just PM me.

Ooh, can you turn me into Orlando Bloom too? :)
  • Options
    Ooh, can you turn me into Orlando Bloom too? :)

Why would any sane man want to look like Orlando Bloom?

He looks like a pussy :razz:
  • Options
    Both are important, personality and looks in my opinion.
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    Why would any sane man want to look like Orlando Bloom?

He looks like a pussy :razz:

:lol: :thumb:

Yes, looks are important. But they aren't the be all and end all. Try looking a little deeper into why you can't get someone, I'd go for confidence issues if I had to take a stab at it.
  • Options
    I'm not that bothered about looks in a guy. I prefer someone to grow on me, then they become more attractive as you notice things about them, like the different colours in their eyes, or their ear lobes.

I'm not especially good looking and I think I would feel insecure going out with a really gorgeous bloke. I also find they are often up themselves and more likely to go off with someone else.

I'd rather have someone normal looking, with the same sense of humour as me.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Look mate, I don't know what you look like and stuff... But if there's anything more of a turn off than poor hygene, it's somebody who's desperate..
    To me at least, that sounds like seeing someone who's been stabbed and saying "As long as you're in pain, no one will help you. Stop being in pain and you'll be fine".
    Not a 100% fitting analogy, but I think my point is obvious.
  • Options
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    Yes I'd love your help, you're very kind.
  • Options
    it's true!i've seen not so good looking guys and girls go out with stunning people!..or just amazingly nice loveable people...i think it does depend on personality pretty much. i mean,loads of girls n guys i know hav dated some good looking people only to find that they're just not compatible...so yeah...it's your personality that counts,even when it comes to attracting people!
  • Options
    i think looks are important. but i also think they're so subjective that someone that i think is drop dead, other people might violently hate. your looks are important, but it isn't important that you are objectively good looking, if you get me.

it's nature, isn't it? our bodies show us the person who'll most sucessfully reproduce with us as a total fittie.
  • Options
    Look mate, I don't know what you look like and stuff... But if there's anything more of a turn off than poor hygene, it's somebody who's desperate.

Maybe you should use your time being single discovering yourself and finding something more to life than having a significant other (no offence, but you do seem down).
    Oops, I meant OR somebody who's desperate.