Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Least Desirable Personality Trait

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    *Stacey* wrote:
    :yes: Linked with two faced bitches.

I see so many girls at uni slag their friends off then they are all "hiyyaaaaaaa how are you?" acting all nice.

i hate that! I went to an all girls so experienced it a lot :p
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:

I see so many girls at uni slag their friends off then they are all "hiyyaaaaaaa how are you?" acting all nice.

We had this group of about 5 12 year old girls behind us at the movie just like that. 2 of them would leave and the rest would talk total shit about both of them, then a different 2 would leave and the same thing. Who needs enemies...

Though it was a laugh and a half for us.
  • Options
    Rachael wrote:
    i hate that! I went to an all girls so experienced it a lot :p
    I could never ever go to an all girls school. The bitching would drive me insane. Living in an all girls flat for the past two years has been bad enough...well, its been better this year.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    selfishness

Selfishness is good, as is arrogance - most people who are selfish and arrogant do well in life. Only in extremes are they undesirable IMO.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    liars :banghead:
  • Options
    People who will *ahem* "embellish" (i.e become a drama queen and talk complete....) in order to steal the limelight. It drives me mad (not half because there's a girl at college who's neck im about to ring for it.)

My own personal trait I hate? Probably how mean I am.
  • Options
    Im not sure if its a personality trait but i hate it when people are crap at listening.

like when you're talking to them and they listen for like two minutes and then take over what you're saying and bring the conversation back round to them again. well annoying.
  • Options
    Being someone who is a

c u n t :yes:
  • Options

like when you're talking to them and they listen for like two minutes and then take over what you're saying and bring the conversation back round to them again. well annoying.
    I hate this too. Or people who try to lecture me (obviously with the exception of my lecturers - that's their job)
  • Options
    I have lots of hate for people that are selfish.
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:

Yeah I hate that. But it's more the ones that will talk to you normally a lot of the time, but as soon as they're with their 'real friends' or the popular people, they don't want to know you. It took me a while to realise someone at uni was like this. But as soon as she asked me to down a shot of vodka for her and hand her the empty glass so she could pretend to have drank it, to impress her 'real friends' in a drinking game, I lost all respect for her.

Other than that, I hate people that bullshit a lot. Not people that lie all the time (though I'm not a fan of that either) but people who have an opinion about everything, even things they know nothing about. Though it's quite fun to take the piss sometimes by getting them into a conversation about something you're an expert at, and watch them squirm. They're normally the same type of people that have a very high opinion of themselves, and can't talk about their achievements and abilities enough, even if they don't really have any.

Oh and people who complain about others all the time. :blush:
  • Options
    Rachael wrote:
    People acting obviously fake..not sure if there is a word for it but it bugsss meee.

I find "duplicitous" works pretty well ;)
  • Options
    I don't like it when people convince themselves that the most minor of problems is major. Most people are guilty of it at some point or another, but it drives me mad when you get people who are convinced their minor teen angst is clinical depression. My uncle is a hypochondriac and it drives me mad ;(
  • Options
    A chronic lack of a sense of humour. Those entirely joyless people that drag anything and everything down. Generally the type of people who describe themselves as "zany", "a bit mad", "nuts" or, god forbid, "unique".

That and enjoying the music of Phil Collins. I mean really.........
  • Options
    Infinite wrote:
    Generally the type of people who describe themselves as "zany", "a bit mad", "nuts" or, god forbid, "unique".
    Lol. They always tend to be either the most boring people on God's earth, or the type of people who'll do something just to be krazy with a K. "Let's dress tonight, that'll make it a fun night, won't it?" (not taking the piss out of people who dress up, by the way).
  • Options
    Lol. They always tend to be either the most boring people on God's earth, or the type of people who'll do something just to be krazy with a K. "Let's dress tonight, that'll make it a fun night, won't it?" (not taking the piss out of people who dress up, by the way).

Yup. The type of people who think "we're in Scotland, let's get tartan hats with ginger wigs stuck in them. No one has ever done that before! Wow, every tourist shop ever has them but we'll be the first to do it as a group!".

Ditto singing along to the Proclaimers.........yes, 500 miles, very good.......

I should add "mental" and "wacky" to that word list.
  • Options
    Someone I know went ot meet Dave Gorman with fake sideburns on. I felt sorry for Dave, having to pretend what an inventive and wacky joke that was.

Dave Gorman, by the way, since no-one seems to know who he is by name:
    cms200.jpg
  • Options
    Power-trippers, people who exagerate for attention (or no reason other than habbit), liers, smug for no reason and the "I'm sooooooooo fucking fabulous" people.
  • Options
    People who find the need to be melodramatic with everything. I know plenty of them and they just rub me the wrong way. Foghorn voices, too much showing off, the fact they need to make sure everyone in the room has seen/heard them etc. *shudders* God just thinking about one lass in particular makes me come out in hives.

p.s thought for the day - cats are evil bastards. Mine brought me a baby bird at 9am with it's eyes shut and no feathers :grump: . Tried to keep the cat in but the fooker is still at large so cue baby bird monitoring. Seems happy enough now though, at least it's still alive. :)
  • Options
    I hate it when people are arrogant and patronising.
  • Options
    Infinite wrote:
    Yup. The type of people who think "we're in Scotland, let's get tartan hats with ginger wigs stuck in them. No one has ever done that before! Wow, every tourist shop ever has them but we'll be the first to do it as a group!".

Ditto singing along to the Proclaimers.........yes, 500 miles, very good.......

I should add "mental" and "wacky" to that word list.
    The scots are the only country that buy their own tacky souvenier shite :yes:
  • Options
    Meanness/tightness like never buying a drink or not paying your way within a group of friends.

Vanity: constantly gazing in mirror, preening yourself, not thinking about important things in life

Judgemental

Oh there are so many. I don't mind selfishness too much, you have to put yourself first, who else is going to?
  • Options
    Compulsive liars.

Grrraaaaarrr.
  • Options
    Two-faceness,blandness.
  • Options
    Infinite wrote:
    A chronic lack of a sense of humour. Those entirely joyless people that drag anything and everything down. Generally the type of people who describe themselves as "zany", "a bit mad", "nuts" or, god forbid, "unique".

That and enjoying the music of Phil Collins. I mean really.........

What's wrong with being a bit mad? It's fine as long as it's not a cry for attention, I go mad all the time but I can also sit down and have a talk with someone.
  • Options
    Im not sure if its a personality trait but i hate it when people are crap at listening.

I kept reading that as you hate it when people crap :o
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    What's wrong with being a bit mad? It's fine as long as it's not a cry for attention, I go mad all the time but I can also sit down and have a talk with someone.
    Not people that actually are a bit mad, the people who describe themselves as a bit mad. Usually the dullest people in the world.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:

I don't think he minds genuinely mad/zany people, but people who proclaim to any and every person that "I'M MAD, ME!!!!!" when really they're a total drone. Or only mad in the worst sense of the word, not the good way ;) Could be wrong, though.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:

But do you introduce yourself to people by saying you're a bit mad? Or zany?

I'm talking about those dreary people who are as entertaining as cold sick but think they're the most original individual ever.
  • Options
    Infinite wrote:
    But do you introduce yourself to people by saying you're a bit mad? Or zany?

I'm talking about those dreary people who are as entertaining as cold sick but think they're the most original individual ever.

Aye know what ya mean now. No I'm not like that at all :)