Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Least Desirable Personality Trait

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Which personality trait do you think is the worst?

I life at my own jokes when I know they are crap.

Comments

• Options
    A whiner, stuck up their own ass.
  • Options
    i think being really nervous or shy is the worst.. i always feel sorry for people who are like that.

compulsive lying is another. i hate people who lie.
  • Options
    Apart from the obvious (racists sexiest homphobics etc)
    Someone that continually blows their own horn. Or smug people, and ones that think they are better than you.
  • Options
    Egomania.
  • Options
    i wouldn't say shyness is a personality trait... you're not seeing shy ppls real personalities a lot of the time...

as for annoying traits id say ppl that are cocky when theyre really not in a position to be is annoying
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    i wouldn't say shyness is a personality trait... you're not seeing shy ppls real personalities a lot of the time...
    why isn't being shy a personality trait? is confidence or loudness a personality trait?
  • Options
    Shyness often times can't be helped. Its often linked to a social and/or anxiety disorder. Alot of shy people cannot help being shy. Its either be shy or have a panic attack trying. It can take years of therapy to overcome such things. While being obnixiously boisterous and overzealous can be helped and controled.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Shyness often times can't be helped. Its often linked to a social and/or anxiety disorder. Alot of shy people cannot help being shy. Its either be shy or have a panic attack trying. It can take years of therapy to overcome such things. While being obnixiously boisterous and overzealous can be helped and controled.
    yes i prefer a happy medium.
  • Options
    Dishonesty.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    While being obnixiously boisterous and overzealous can be helped and controled.
    Unless you have ADHD :lol:

I hate my own personality trait of shyness. It stops me living my life the way I'd like to. My sister (ADHD girl) is so wired most of the time, she just does everything with ease, like she has no problem making a conversation with a stranger. I wish that was easier.

Ilora x
  • Options

I hate my own personality trait of shyness. It stops me living my life the way I'd like to. My sister (ADHD girl) is so wired most of the time, she just does everything with ease, like she has no problem making a conversation with a stranger. I wish that was easier.

Ilora x

I have this problem as well. And it sucks.
  • Options

Ilora x

Ah yes, you are right, how could I forget. Sometimes problems on the opposite end of the scale cannot be controlled easily either. :)

Unless I am mistaken though, you can control being an arrogant ass. :p I totally agree with Beans on the traits she dislikes!
  • Options
    Vanity, general nastiness, not having a sense of humour and taking everything too seriously, laziness, lack of drive and ambition
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    why isn't being shy a personality trait? is confidence or loudness a personality trait?

it's not a personality trait because it's not their real personality.
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    it's not a personality trait because it's not their real personality.

It is a personality trait.

It's called introversion. It's one of the big 5 personality traits actually.

Answering the post I don't like psychopaths.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    It is a personality trait.

It's called introversion. It's one of the big 5 personality traits actually.

Answering the post I don't like psychopaths.

shyness has nothing to do with introversion. I would consider myself a little shy but im far from an introvert, i enjoy the company of others and in most cases prefer it.
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    shyness has nothing to do with introversion. I would consider myself a little shy but im far from introversion, i enjoy the company of others and in most cases prefer it.

So do I, but I'm still (very shy). Even though now it's more with being around people I don't know. After getting to know someone most of the time I'm okay.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    So do I, but I'm still (very shy). Even though now it's more with being around people I don't know. After getting to know someone most of the time I'm okay.

exactly... just because you're a little reserved at first doesn't make you introverted at all... they're different things (shyness and introversion)
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    shyness has nothing to do with introversion

yes it does. it's certainly not the only characteristic of introversion but many introverts are shy. it is part of someone's personality.

edit: i'm not saying they're directly related.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    yes it does. it's certainly not the only characteristic of introversion but many introverts are shy. it is part of someone's personality.

introvert - "To concentrate (one's interests) upon oneself."

This is not down to shyness, remotely. Some shy people may come across introverted but only people that are quick to judge will make assumptions like that. The two aren't related even though it seems it sometimes :)

*edit* There are probably just as many non shy introverts as there are shy ones... if the two aren't related then shyness wouldnt be considered a personality trait now would it ;)
  • Options
    but being shy is still part of someone's personality.
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    *edit* There are probably just as many non shy introverts as there are shy ones...

No, in personality studies a significant number of introverts often rate themselves as shy or withdrawn on rating scales.

Personality is a construct anyway. It's difficult to define which trait covers what and how people can be pigeon holed.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    but being shy is still part of someone's personality.

it's the hiding of personality. But we can agree to disagree, i guess it's just a matter of opinion.
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    it's the hiding of personality. But we can agree to disagree, i guess it's just a matter of opinion.

Indeed. I'm a bit of a personality sceptic anyway. I believe one's personality is majorly influenced by situational factors, as opposed to internal factors.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Indeed. I'm a bit of a personality sceptic anyway. I believe one's personality is majorly influenced by situational factors, as opposed to internal factors.

yeah i 100% agree with that
  • Options
    People acting obviously fake..not sure if there is a word for it but it bugsss meee.
  • Options
    MattMatt wrote:
    Which personality trait do you think is the worst?.

Homicidal
  • Options
    Rachael wrote:
    People acting obviously fake..not sure if there is a word for it but it bugsss meee.
    :yes: Linked with two faced bitches.

I see so many girls at uni slag their friends off then they are all "hiyyaaaaaaa how are you?" acting all nice.
  • Options
    selfishness
  • Options
    People who are proper snobby! Espcially when they wont just let go and have a laugh!