Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Why do I bother?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
One of my "friends" is really starting to get on my fucking tits!

I've picked up work for her from uni, taken notes for her when she couldn't be assed coming in, helped her when she was stuck, sent her emails with questions and my work that she could look at and gone round to her house to help her or study because she "can't be assed getting two buses to come to paisley" so I have to get two buses to get to hers!

She said she'd help me with my law exam (she'd done the exam the year before) but when it can to it she "couldn't be bothered" and said she'd done it herself so I had to aswell. I failed it...

I just asked her there if she could type out a question i'd lost for an essay. She said "nope. i can't be assed. You live round the corner from the uni."

I found the sheet. You wanna see the question...

"discuss briefly how the respective components of propellants may be employed in a forensic investigation to determine the nature and sourse of this type of energetic material."

Not even 3 lines?!?!?!

AAAAARGH!!! Why do I feel I'm being taken advantage of?!?!?!

Now I'm getting whinged at for going in a mood with her. I'm not even in a mood. I'm just fed up :(

/rant

Comments

• Options
    Yep,your generous and helpfulnesss is being abused. :yes:
    Treat her the same back.Give her some of her own medicine.
    Its the only thing that works on users.Because thats all she sounds to be.
  • Options
    That's not a friend, you don't have to be so harsh back, but if I were you I'd stop putting so much effort in.

TBH though, you probably should have been able to pass that exam on your own.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    TBH though, you probably should have been able to pass that exam on your own.

I know. I thought I had but I obviously suck at law more than even I thought I did :p
    All I wanted was a couple of pointers towards what they were looking for. It wasn't like I was asking her to do the exam for me.
  • Options
    next time she asks for any help, say fuck you bitch, I cant be bothered.

easy as pie.
  • Options
    I'll say again as I said a over n over, Ignore her, shes not your friend she messes you around so much.
  • Options
    sounds to me that shes taking advantage of your good nature. but wont help you if you ask. That to me doesn't sound like a friend.
  • Options
    the same thing happened between me and an old mate at college. She could never be arsed to come in so she'd ask me to take notes round of classes shes missed etc. I did it for a while but then got so fed up with it, it was all one sided. I was off a few
    times, i asked her the same favour and what did i get, 'cant sorry' basically. Needless to say, i stopped and yes she got in a mood with me over it, but at the end of the day, friends are supposed to help each other out. Needless to say, we arent friends anymore, not because of that, just generally bec ause she wasnt a very nice person and also only ever thought (and probaly still does), thinks of herself.

So yes, id say she is taking advantage of you, she sounds exactly like that old friend of mine.
  • Options
    you feel like you're being taken advantage of because you are
    she's not a friend, you're better off without her
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    you feel like you're being taken advantage of because you are
    she's not a friend, you're better off without her

Indeed. Thankfully, I've never been in this situation - if I ask a friend of mine to help me, I'll return the favour always.
  • Options

LMAO!

If sum1 did that to me that wud PISS me off. ID go mental at her - but im not adivising you to do this i know it is not the right way to settle things....! JUst styop doing these things to her - act like she does and c how shed like it...
  • Options

easy as pie.

Snort. That was funny :lol:
  • Options
    Don't do for people what you won't get back in return. Being used and giving into it is very degrading to yourself. Take. Take before you give to her again, otherwise it should be "bye bye bitch". You have uni. You have important classes to better yourself and your life in and you're educating yourself in something you are (hopefully) interested in and something you want to excel in and explore. That's a lot of "you's". Very little time for bitch in there. That's my opinion.

BTW, very interesting essay question. I'd like to be asked something like that.