Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Easter holidays - Aladdin

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I believe organised religion has been the source of more misery, wars and conflicts amongst humans than anything else in history, and that it causes more harm than good. That's no secret to regular users of these boards.

However, I do not wish to "ban religion" or that I hate religious people. That is a lie/misrepresentation I have to correct depressingly often.

About the cheap shot comment, well I still don't understand the point of asking me whether I am going to work on Easter because it is something that I have no control over, and to be honest being an official bank holiday my religious beliefs are also rather irrelevant.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    I believe organised religion has been the source of more misery, wars and conflicts amongst humans than anything else in history, and that it causes more harm than good. That's no secret to regular users of these boards.

However, I do not wish to "ban religion" or that I hate religious people. That is a lie/misrepresentation I have to correct depressingly often.

Personally I think the religion thing is an excuse, a handy idea to tag your war onto - but thats not really the point.

I think you have to correct it because you do sometimes sound like you do, and it seems from this thread that I'm not the only one who see's it that way.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Yes, That was the only strike I ever remembered you supporting.

I've supported every justified strike going.

The council workers were promised something and didn't get it. The fire brigade were promised something and didn't get it. University lecturers were promised something and didn't get it. Liverpool dockers in the 1990s were promised something and were stabbed in the back. Peugeot workers were promised something and have been stabbed in the back.

They were defending their rights and their promises, and got my full support.

Unfortunately:
    London Underground

Isn't about striking for workers rights and you know it. It's striking for political reasons, its about blackmailing a democratically elected government into not fulfilling its manifesto pledges, and you damn well know it is.

I won't support the cunts who run the RMT in their blackmail and their inteference with democracy. Who voted for those twats to run the country, eh?
    Heathorw airport workers

Were striking illegally about something that had nothing to do with them. On a hot and sunny August bank holiday. Convenient choice of timing, I must say.

I didn't see them on strike in February alongside the council workers, or in January alongside the Royal Mail workers, or in December with the gas fitters. I wonder why that might possibly be :chin:
    just about every striking worker from the 1970s

Oh please.

They were greedy cunts attempting to blackmail a democratically elected government, and they very nearly succeeded in destroying this country. The engineering company my dad worked for went bust because of those cancerous snails, and my family were driven from the country.

But yes, I "hate" the "workers" [if you could call a 1970s trade unionist a worker :lol:]
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I've supported every justified strike going.

The council workers were promised something and didn't get it. The fire brigade were promised something and didn't get it. University lecturers were promised something and didn't get it. Liverpool dockers in the 1990s were promised something and were stabbed in the back. Peugeot workers were promised something and have been stabbed in the back.

They were defending their rights and their promises, and got my full support.

Unfortunately:

London Underground

Isn't about striking for workers rights and you know it. It's striking for political reasons, its about blackmailing a democratically elected government into not fulfilling its manifesto pledges, and you damn well know it is.
    Nope. You're making stuff up in your mind. The immense majority of strikes of the last few years have been on safety grounds. It is down to the workers of LU and the unions to look after passengers' safety, because sure enough the government and its private partners don't give much of a fuck.

But no matter. If you want to believe that going on strike and losing money for no gain whatsoever to themselves is still "blackmail", feel free to continue.

I won't support the cunts who run the RMT in their blackmail and their inteference with democracy. Who voted for those twats to run the country, eh?
    Heathrow airport workers

Were striking illegally about something that had nothing to do with them. On a hot and sunny August bank holiday. Convenient choice of timing, I must say.
    :rolleyes:

What's the point of discussing anything about strike action with you, if you take the Daily Mailesque attitude that they're striking for a day off? :rolleyes:
    I didn't see them on strike in February alongside the council workers, or in January alongside the Royal Mail workers, or in December with the gas fitters. I wonder why that might possibly be :chin:
    Perhaps because people like you would be the very first to rant about how they are striking for people and industries who have nothing to do with them, and therefore doing it just to get a nice day off to go shopping and blah blah blah.

As you have indeed said in the past.

They just can't win with you can they?

Oh please.

They were greedy cunts attempting to blackmail a democratically elected government, and they very nearly succeeded in destroying this country. The engineering company my dad worked for went bust because of those cancerous snails, and my family were driven from the country.

But yes, I "hate" the "workers" [if you could call a 1970s trade unionist a worker :lol:]
    Some scaremongering stories you got there. Ever thought at the situation from the other side?