Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Best Car Journey Ever

2»

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    As long as you're going westbound.

Whatever direction - I hate that drive. :yuck:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    8 Days ago going to blackpool, driving over the Peak District through endless fields and countryside just blanketed in snow, literally. I havent seen so much snow in my life. Was really relaxing and just peaceful!
  • Options
    As long as you're going westbound.

yeah...
  • Options
    Driving to Scotland twice every year.
  • Options
    The drive through snowdonia in north Wales is breathtaking, especially the llyn Ogwen road
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    A35, South Coast run. Quality.

Weird, I was going to post the A34, from Newbury to Winchester which was always the home leg of my journey back from Bristol. Fantastic winding and undulating road with some amazing scenery and the kind of straights that make you want to be one of those wankers in those absurdly-powerful Italian sports cars.
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    Whatever direction - I hate that drive. :yuck:

Because at one end of it... is Pompey :nervous:
  • Options
    katchika wrote: »
    LA to Las Vegas

through the desert for hours, surrounded by amazing skies, sun comes down, and then arriving at this mad place that amazes you.
    I'll second that! Drove from the Sierra Nevada mountains in California, through Death Valley, to Las Vegas. We saw the highest and lowest points in the US in the space of a day.
  • Options
    In the last three years, my views haven't changed much.

I love the drive over Carter Bar on the A68, especially when the road's clear and you can absolutely cane it.
  • Options
    I have such a lame-ass drive daily I can't even begin to describe it's mindless tedium.
    There's a 5 minute stretch from a village near work to the main gate with some awesome twisty turny bits that I've started taking, because it's the only bit of enjoyable driving I get! (Unless I get stuck behind some slowcoach)

I should really go out and find stuff around here. Wales does supposedly have a lot of good driving roads after all, and I do have one of the Ultimate Driving Machine(s)! (Allegedly, when I'm not stuffing it into pickup trucks or giant comedy kerbstones)