Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Paltry rise in Minimum Wage to come

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's when you identify with those that are harming you in some way as a survival mechanism.

From a terrorist incident a bit back -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

It's why people love their governments.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    It is where hostages learn to love their holders, not really a great example but quite a funny image anyway.
    And whom is allegedly holding me hostage, Bongy and Klintock?
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    But I find it amazing that the Left doesn't understand what I'm saying. I'm arguing from a very liberal line of attack here. The people who set the minimum wage happen to earn massive amounts of money in wages, expenses and pensions. And then they tell us to live within our means. What a bunch of hypocrites. It amazes me that so many of you don't grasp this point - or do you quietly sympathise with the politicians here?

Yes, MP's are paid quite a bit, but not really that much, it just happens that a few of them are rather rich in their own right before their MP wages.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    And whom is allegedly holding me hostage, Bongy and Klintock?

The government, thats what he was trying to say, we love the government even though their hold us to ransom.

Like I said, its a funny thought but not really a great example of the syndrome.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Well, these boards are dominated by left-wingers, that much is certain.

You obviously have a different defintion of "left wing" to the rest of the world. The boards are fairly centrist liberal.
    stargalaxy wrote:
    But I find it amazing that the Left doesn't understand what I'm saying. I'm arguing from a very liberal line of attack here. The people who set the minimum wage happen to earn massive amounts of money in wages, expenses and pensions. And then they tell us to live within our means. What a bunch of hypocrites. It amazes me that so many of you don't grasp this point - or do you quietly sympathise with the politicians here?

You're missing the point entirely - of course politicians are gonna do that. They're there to service the needs of capital not ordinary people. You argue against the effects of capitalism while also cheering it on. You seem a bit confused tbh.