Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Why are some people...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    oi Leesaaaa!
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    stargalaxy wrote:
    They let you out early, didn't they?
    The whole insulting hardman act doesnt suit you.
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    The whole insulting hardman act doesnt suit you.

I think he has a book of psychiatric jokes or something.
    They don't seem to vary
  • Options
    Seriously, the insults in this thread are a fucking joke, it's like 2003 all over again - a load of school yard 'you're an attention seeker' name calling.

People who've recieved bans in the past and have been allowed to return would do well to remember they aren't deserving of the same consideration as other members when it comes to another ban.

I'd suggest to them they find somewhere else to post when they feel their blood begining to boil.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    Seriously, the insults in this thread are a fucking joke, it's like 2003 all over again - a load of school yard 'you're an attention seeker' name calling.

Good time eh Jim?

:p
  • Options
    Nowt better than bitter.
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    Someone I know has just done something that deep down, I knew was going to happen whether it was now, next year or last week. I'm not angry or overly upset as its probably not even going to affect me anymore, I'm just dissapointed.

Uh-oh... was it because I proposed again after taking my sleeping tablets? They make me feel rather drunk sometimes! :)
  • Options
    Randomer.
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    Why was a taxi playing music so loud?!

We asked him to turn it up.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:

People who've recieved bans in the past and have been allowed to return would do well to remember they aren't deserving of the same consideration as other members when it comes to another ban.

I'd suggest to them they find somewhere else to post when they feel their blood begining to boil.
    Yawn.
  • Options
    Ooo, I've been at work all night and look at all this! :p

Calm down people :p
  • Options
    Yawn.

fair enough
  • Options
    Bring back Basic Instinct :(
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:
    Bring back Basic Instinct :(

I agree. :(
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    fair enough

*Jim V cackles evily as he presses the big red "BAN" button*

:lol:
  • Options
    Someone start a petition :D
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:
    Someone start a petition :D

Nah, cause if my memory serves me right, that got bannings, too. Hah.

Wow, most comments, in one post. Yee, ha.
  • Options
    Violette wrote:
    i agree 3!!

reet, if a newb started a thread going 'god life is shit' and dint and 'cant' post a reason for it, then everyone would be like HONESTLY JUST TELL US THE PROBLEM OR YOU CANT REALLY MOAN ON. and like, whats the point of posting ohh people are shit if you cant say why so others can sympathise/give advice? isn't that the point of the boards? its not just to moan on so others can witness your dirty laundry.

You're meant to be out at the PUB!!

Little Miss Away on MSN. BAH.

:p
  • Options
    she was being a meany though. no need for that.
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    Ooo, I've been at work all night and look at all this! :p

Calm down people :p
    I've remained calm throughout the whole of it. I'm just speaking my mind and you didnt seem to mind that so I dont see how Star-I-Am-A-Big-Man-Galaxy has any right to start giving himself a heart attack.

He wants to take a seat, I can see his blood pressure rising. And that JimV, throwing his weight around just coz he can ban people. Big fucking deal, my son.
  • Options
    And that JimV, throwing his weight around just coz he can ban people. Big fucking deal, my son.

Jim is actually a boss man around here, well for youthnet anyway

*shhhhhh* i think he is anyway
  • Options
    I've remained calm throughout the whole of it. I'm just speaking my mind and you didnt seem to mind that
    I'm posting on a public message board. People can post what they like whether I like it or not. If I'm really unhappy with what they've said I'd reply but quite frankly, what Basic Instinct said didn't upset me whatsoever. She was entitled to her opinion and gave it. I'm sure she will be unbanned soon.
  • Options
    I'm afraid it's not your choice what the rules are of this forum, when someone signs up they agree to those rules, regardless of how individual posters feel about them.

Basic Instinct was banned in the past for exactly the same kind of posts and numerous members reported her posts this time. She was allowed back on the boards only under a strict understanding of how she would behave, simply returning to the same old behaviour is unacceptable.

She won't be unbanned, she won't be returning and if she does she'll be banned immediately, as her new account just has been.
  • Options
    Ooo, a number of people reported her post?

I feel guilty now for posting the thread in the first place
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    I'm afraid it's not your choice what the rules are of this forum, when someone signs up they agree to those rules, regardless of how individual posters feel about them.

Basic Instinct was banned in the past for exactly the same kind of posts and numerous members reported her posts this time. She was allowed back on the boards only under a strict understanding of how she would behave, simply returning to the same old behaviour is unacceptable.

She won't be unbanned, she won't be returning and if she does she'll be banned immediately, as her new account just has been.
    If shes been IP banned, won't you have potentially banned any visitors who might want to visit, but obtain the banned IP though?
  • Options
    We've more than enough experience with repeated sign ups without IP problems, it's known as the 'Monocrat Sanction'

And *Stacey* this has nothing whatsoever to do with you, this is about our rules and our decisions - so don't feel guilty.
  • Options
    to be fair i have never seen a post from basic instinct that hasn't been taking the piss or having a go at someone :d
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    And *Stacey* this has nothing whatsoever to do with you, this is about our rules and our decisions - so don't feel guilty.
    Ok :)
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    to be fair i have never seen a post from basic instinct that hasn't been taking the piss or having a go at someone :d
    :yes:
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    We've more than enough experience with repeated sign ups without IP problems, it's known as the 'Monocrat Sanction'

This sounds like some kind of doctrine plan one keeps in the drawer for times of war :hyper:
This discussion has been closed.