Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Speed

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i haven't bothered reading more than the first page cos it gets boring going over the same old stuff.
    but ...i want to give you my tuppence worth.
    i have abused amphetamine and heroin to a large degree ...
    the speed is far more damaging than the heroin.
    to use it for dieting is insane!
    it will reduce the wiehgt dramaticaly of course ...but will create a wghole new set of problems far worse than being over wieght.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:

You can get methamphetamine on script in the US for weight loss.

Maybe 5 years ago, but these days it's EXTREMELY difficult to get yourself diagnosed because of the severe uprising of abuse, even when treating ADHD, which is mainly what Adderall/Ritalin would be taken for. Scoring an Adderall prescription is next to impossible if you're seeking a treatment for weight loss; practically unheard of, really. Even if you eventually succeed, the process will cost you several hundred dollars. I've had friends attempt it, only to get slapped in the face with a 2-month prozac prescription for their efforts, making it a waste of time and money more often than not...
  • Options
    Maybe 5 years ago, but these days it's EXTREMELY difficult to get yourself diagnosed because of the severe uprising of abuse, even when treating ADHD, which is mainly what Adderall/Ritalin would be taken for. Scoring an Adderall prescription is next to impossible if you're seeking a treatment for weight loss;

yeah Bong as pusher said (and as i recall i posted a while back) i have an American book called The Physicians Drug Handbook 8th Ed. (1999) which lists methamphetamine as a treatment for obeisity and ADHD, although even in this text it is stated that prescription was on the way down toward other drugs such as Ritalin. I recently got a look at the new edition briefly in the Barnes Medical Library at uni and didnt see it listed at all.
  • Options
    Desoxyn, methamphetamine hydrochloride, is prescribed for exogenous obiesty. I've never heard of ANYONE prescribed to it though, for anything. I had been trying to score a script for it for a couple of years now instead of being prescried to 40+mgs of dexedrine twice a day with no luck at all. If your obesity was some how lethal, MAYBE they'd concider it, though i'm sure it would be one of those "No Refill" bottles - like all ADD medication.
  • Options
    killing; thats probably the case, as i said this is only from one source which i have on my shelf, but unless you have a very convincing sumo-suit, you're not gonna get it on script im afraid :D
  • Options
    I knew it was only for total end of the line morbid obesity cases, I was just pointing out that you can technically get it for that, though very unlikely.

The fact that adderal is as easy to get as it is seems a bad joke to me, but then the whole health care system in the US seems that way.
  • Options
    hi there just wanted to say tell your friend it might work in the short term,then thats it i have been addicted to speed since i was twenty one (ten years) at first it was the clubbing drug oh stay up all night drinking not get drunk dance like an arse and still be able to go to work the next day,i was eighteen stone and went down to twelve stone in about six months my skin was awful,breath rotten teeth fellout but oh i was skinny so that was oki stopped it for about two years, went up to twenty one stone, took speed again went back down to eighteen stone exactly where i started,i have been taking it now every day for five years and i am still fat infact i am now nineteen stone so for me weight loss dont happen with it i just take it because i like the rush and the feeling it gives you if it was good for weight loss the amount i have taken over the years i should have dissapeared,tell her to save the money and use it to go to the gym:thumb:
  • Options
    I know a mate who was addicted to speed - she loads lots of weight with them but she became so paranoid it was frightening. The side effects were awful too - she'd got huge spots on her face which she would obsessively pick with tweezers - and pick the scabs. It wasn't very nice to watch. She would also keep looking out the window all the time, cleaning loads and obsessing over things like her pots and pans being spottlessly clean.

Anyway she's clean now and much better. :yes:
  • Options
    My mate got a taste for base a couple summers ago and it's freaky how quicky it gets a hold of you. He picked some up coz he hadn't had it in ages and would binge all weekend and then we would have a couple beers on a Thursday and do some base then, go to work Friday not having really slept, come home Friday, meet down the pub, go on a bender on the weekend and then come Sunday he couldn't sleep so Monday when he had work he'd top up to sort him self out and then thats how it went for couple months and he turned in to such an irritable, arrogant, and aggressive fucker who you couldn't talk to without him getting all defensive and seeing in the week he just looked like a bag of shit, all pale and drawn looking.

Even though we talked to him and he admitted that he was caning it a bit to much he didn't stop until he got nicked for something and went to court, he decided to sort him self out.
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    Well my mate is after losing weight, and the person who gives her the drugs has told her it's the best way to do it so shes getting encouraged.

Shes on about doing it like that for 6 weeks!

My mate's girlfriend used Speed to lose weight for months without telling him, and trust me...it's NOT worth it.
    She turned into a complete wreck. She didn't eat at all and became disgustingly skinny...bony and physically weak. She couldn't walk up a staircase without feeling like she was going to pass out and then. She was throwing up all the time, could never sleep and would have massive bags under her eyes. She was constantly twitching and was never really there when you were talking to her. She became addicted to it aswell and it tookm alot of work to get her off it. Physically and mentally, she still hasn't completely recovered.
    Personally I think your friend would rather be over-weight than be like that.
  • Options
    Speed...load of shite..

get a load of good coke,buckfast,pints of lager and a few good es into ya and have a good bit of craic..yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaa/./.

yes ive beenb out since aboyt 6 thios evening :D
  • Options
    haha nice.. and I'm sitting here in work.. oh where did it all go wrong!
  • Options
    Well if anyones interested it's been over a whole year since i posted this and shes still fat ;)
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    Well if anyones interested it's been over a whole year since i posted this and shes still fat ;)

Lol Just noticed that!
  • Options
    Did she take any speed then? I know a few fat speed freaks, some people just eat on it anyway.