Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Drug Test after Rave...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I would just like to make the point that an entirely plausable defence could be made if such a machine detected traces of (for example) cocaine, or any substance which can be snorted. We all handle notes do we not?

Also, there is the crime of 'Past possession' on the statute book, however the burden of proof on this one is extremely high and i personally have not heard of anyone wbeing prosecuted for it in isolation.
  • Options
    But I dont think this is done for arrest numbers, its whats terms as preventative policing, in that its the police harrasing people they think to be criminal types so they get scared and dont break the law.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    But I dont think this is done for arrest numbers, its whats terms as preventative policing, in that its the police harrasing people they think to be criminal types so they get scared and dont break the law.

That is probably true, and indeed it probably isn't their main objective to catch people in possession and/or with enough to be charged with supply. However, they would still arrest you if the opportunity arose, so it still pays to be careful ;)
  • Options
    That is probably true, and indeed it probably isn't their main objective to catch people in possession and/or with enough to be charged with supply. However, they would still arrest you if the opportunity arose, so it still pays to be careful ;)

Certainly, and in a lot of ways I dont blame the police for doing it, it is their job afterall, they are there to enforce the law and they should at least try (even though its pointless and self defeating). Its the law which is an ass.
  • Options
    Just incase anyone wondered... They didnt even search us on the way in, let alone the way out!

There was a HUGE police presents at Farrigdon Station though... not sure why exactly... could be wepons, drugs.... dunno

There were sniffer dogs too... We managed to scoot our way round as it was sniffing another group of people though! :thumb:

Was a wicked night in the end though! Although I'm paying for it now!
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    Just incase anyone wondered... They didnt even search us on the way in, let alone the way out!

There was a HUGE police presents at Farrigdon Station though... not sure why exactly... could be wepons, drugs.... dunno

There were sniffer dogs too... We managed to scoot our way round as it was sniffing another group of people though! :thumb:

Was a wicked night in the end though! Although I'm paying for it now!

Where did you go mate? Fabric? I was at Turnmills, got out about 7am and Farrington was shut! But the cabbie said that was for maintenence so I don't know if it had anything to do with the police??
  • Options
    Where did you go mate? Fabric? I was at Turnmills, got out about 7am and Farrington was shut! But the cabbie said that was for maintenence so I don't know if it had anything to do with the police??

Yes mate, I went to Fabric... How was Turnmills?
    We were in the weatherspoons near it just before and there were lots of people going to turnmills in there...

Yeah it was shut for Maintenence, Its wasnt anything to do with the police. We had to mission it to Kingcross station to get the tube from there!
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    Yes mate, I went to Fabric... How was Turnmills?
    We were in the weatherspoons near it just before and there were lots of people going to turnmills in there...

Yeah it was shut for Maintenence, Its wasnt anything to do with the police. We had to mission it to Kingcross station to get the tube from there!
    Did you still have stuff on you when the police were searching people then? Always a good idea to munch it all in the club then in that case! ;)

Turnmills was awesome! Judge Jules played and that was quite good, then Paul van Dyk who was just legendary! :DFor an Angel :love::love: Good crowd too, fairly packed though, I think they might have been over capacity Tbh.

How was Fabric? Off out tonight? Think we're going to the Cross :D
  • Options
    Did you still have stuff on you when the police were searching people then? Always a good idea to munch it all in the club then in that case! ;)

Turnmills was awesome! Judge Jules played and that was quite good, then Paul van Dyk who was just legendary! :DFor an Angel :love::love: Good crowd too, fairly packed though, I think they might have been over capacity Tbh.

How was Fabric? Off out tonight? Think we're going to the Cross :D

Yeah I had stuff on me when the police were there cos thats when we first arrived in Farringdon, there were no police after we left.
    As I say we were just lucky we managed to get passed without being checked...

Sounds like turnmills was good! I havent actually been there before...

Fabric was wicked, big breakbeat night... Plump DJ's, Stanton Warriors etc etc. It was quite busy, and especially as the main room in there isnt that big, it got really busy on the dance floor! But all in all it was a top night!

Nah dont think I am out tonight, might go for a couple of beers or something, try and sort my come down out! :D
    I havent been to the cross before. Have a good one though! :thumb:
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    Yeah I had stuff on me when the police were there cos thats when we first arrived in Farringdon, there were no police after we left.
    As I say we were just lucky we managed to get passed without being checked...

Sounds like turnmills was good! I havent actually been there before...

Fabric was wicked, big breakbeat night... Plump DJ's, Stanton Warriors etc etc. It was quite busy, and especially as the main room in there isnt that big, it got really busy on the dance floor! But all in all it was a top night!

Nah dont think I am out tonight, might go for a couple of beers or something, try and sort my come down out! :D
    I havent been to the cross before. Have a good one though! :thumb:

Cheer mate, hope you aren't coming down too hard! You should think about trying some 5-HTP, but I'm going to post a report about my experience of it this weekend anyway so wait for that!

Anyway we're off out now, have a good night! :wave:
  • Options
    Turnmills is a nicer club than Fabric, Fabric is too expensive, annoyingly laid out and has (for some reason) uni-sex toilets, something that's just quite wrong.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Turnmills is a nicer club than Fabric, Fabric is too expensive, annoyingly laid out and has (for some reason) uni-sex toilets, something that's just quite wrong.

Well I was only buying bottles of water in fabric, so It didnt work out too expencive...

I agree about the lay out.... and also the main room is far too small!

But... they do some of the best Breakbeat & Drum & Bass nights around, the line up at Eargasm couldnt be beaten for Breaks!
    The end is good for Drum & Bass as well actually, they host the Ram Records nights.
    All in all I quite like Fabric, but it could do with bigger rooms...

I like Brixton Academy for a rave... I like the fact that its pretty much one massive open room!
  • Options
    My friend in London told me the crowd at Fabric can sometimes be a bit pretentious, do you ever find that too? I haven't been myself so I don't know! Not keen on the posers myself, I much prefer fun-loving people ;)
  • Options
    My friend in London told me the crowd at Fabric can sometimes be a bit pretentious, do you ever find that too? I haven't been myself so I don't know! Not keen on the posers myself, I much prefer fun-loving people ;)

I would think it might be like that on a normal night there...

It wasnt like that on friday, but this was a pre organized Rave thats actually nothing to do with Fabric, the DJ's hired the Venue and Organized it, its held there once every few months...

Most of the people there were just pilled up ravers looking to have a good time! There were a couple of nob ends there, but show me a place they dosent have a few on any night!
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    I would think it might be like that on a normal night there...

It wasnt like that on friday, but this was a pre organized Rave thats actually nothing to do with Fabric, the DJ's hired the Venue and Organized it, its held there once every few months...

Most of the people there were just pilled up ravers looking to have a good time! There were a couple of nob ends there, but show me a place they dosent have a few on any night!

True true, there are always some twats I suppose! Sounds like it was a good night then :D