Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

For The Love Of Dreadlocks!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Haha whatever lady.

You just dont like that i dont agree with your opinion. I never tried to argue, just stated my opinion, like the rest of us.

So if you dont like that others have opinions maybe you should go away and sniff your dreadlocks or something, and stop trying to force your opinions onto others!
  • Options
    I'm going to give my guinea pig dreads when I get home, because I don't have a ferret.

Do you think she will suit them?
  • Options
    I'm going to give my guinea pig dreads when I get home, because I don't have a ferret.

Do you think she will suit them?

I love the attempt to change the subject back there :p

And yes i think she will look rather ravishing with them.
  • Options
    Actually I'm just a postwhore. Boards are slow, why not show off my guinea pig!
  • Options
    Sounds good to me! Heres my bunny's they have more hair to dread :p
  • Options
    Aww they are gorgeous!
    These are the litter of babies that we had year before last ...
  • Options
    Aww how cute are they, did you keep them all?

Those 3 bun's live round my friends house and my boyf has lots of marvalous fun making elebarote housing for them and extending it all the time, one escaped down the road last week my friends boyfriend was driving back and was like oh theres a rabbit hoping down the road, wait a minute thats my rabbit hoping down the road! He managed to catch him and heard him back in though, which is lucky cause squished bunnies are not nice ;(

eta this was them when they had just been born. Sooo cute.
  • Options
    No, I found homes for them all. They were accidental bunnies actually. They were the 4th litter we had, but the second in one year. The first three litters were planned and evenly spaced, one each year. However the day we homed the last of the third litter my dad let the mother out for a run in the garden, not seeing that Flash, the most virulent randy rabbit that ever was, was already out. So we had more, much to the mother's disgust! She's had 19 babies in total now!

My Doogle escaped about 6am one morning, I had to go and catch him while wearing my pyjamas!

ETA I can beat your pic: Litter of bunnies number 3, 2 days after being born! Didn't disturb them, I used a zoom!
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    Yes, we realise that but quite a lot of people like long, flowing hair.

Yes, and that would make it minging.

Yes that people wanted to go against nature? Damn us for being THAT intelligent.

Yes, those people are daft. What about Asian, or Japanese folk, do they not have a say either about whether their hair was to go matted and manky?

You don't half go on about a load of old twaddle.

Yes, these are hippies.

Unlike you, who has an uptight attitude about dreadlocks.

Oh wow, now I'm uptight because I post a thread in favor of knotted hair, and you have to bring in your negativity. WOW.

Be easy. --Lolla
    Blah wrote:
    Haha whatever lady.

You just dont like that i dont agree with your opinion. I never tried to argue, just stated my opinion, like the rest of us.

So if you dont like that others have opinions maybe you should go away and sniff your dreadlocks or something, and stop trying to force your opinions onto others!

And now I'm forcing my opinion by giving information about dreadlocks, and posting pictures, and showing love. That's great, nice to know that.

Be easy. --Lolla
  • Options
    Oh wow, now I'm uptight because I post a thread in favor of knotted hair, and you have to bring in your negativity.

Again, NO NEGATIVITY. JUST AN OPINION. You are far too presumptuous missus.
    Be easy. --Lolla

Um. We are, you're the one thinking everyone's arguing with you because we like to have clean, untangled hair.
    And now I'm forcing my opinion by giving information about dreadlocks, and posting pictures, and showing love. That's great, nice to know that.

Where was the love? All you did was question the majority of this post's opinions...especially when Blah spoke for lots here, IMHO:
    Blah wrote:
    Not a misconception because you get some people who dont wash them.

In my personal opinion, i dont like dreadlocks. In my personal opinion i think they look horrible.

Opinions are a fact of life which everyone is entitled to.

Then you started having a moan here, because we didn't agree with you -
    Then why are you arguing with me.
    If that's true, then an "opinion" is your own reality.
    And reality is only perception.
    So if everyone is entitled to an opinion, why even respond to this?

THUS IN RETROSPECTIVE, (I love saying that :D) you were annoyed that we thought differently. And if we were to "Be EASY" like you, surely you'd accept we like to think for ourselves buit can appreciate other people don't always think like us. That's what it's all about, FREEDOM OF THOUGHT AND SPEECH. It's human nature. Just like people wanting, or not wanting to have dreadlocks. We have the power to think for ourselves.

FIN.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Easy now ladies. I think we have established that everyone is entitled to express an opinion. That doesn't mean you need to be sarky or downright rude. Expressing an alternative opinion shouldn't set out to, or be taken to, discredit the original opinion. Play nice now.