Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

IM injections

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Skin popping, IM.. injecting a drug under your skin
I finally got my rig together, all clean :yippe:

my needle is a little too thick for any IVing, so i'll have to do with IM.

My question to all of you is, what drugs are good canidates for IM injections? Amphetamines? Coke? i just don't know!

Comments

• Options
    :yuck: :nervous:

hate needles
  • Options
    Hate needles but plan to inject myself with heroin at some stage in my life.
  • Options
    I don't 'hate needles' but I've never connected them with my own drug taking antics.
  • Options
    what the fuck is the point of skin popping. It will fucking hurt, and it takes roughly 20 minutes to come up from skin popping, which is much the same as you would from other methods, plus it will bruise to fuck.
  • Options
    Its pretty stupid to shoot up street supply of anything.

Having said that I've known a friend IM ket in the past, which is the only drug I've heard of IM'd.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I'm glad you are seeking advice on how to inject safely, killingismybiz, it is good to be aware of how risky this kind of activity is. Erowid have information on syringe & needle basics, including links to safer injecting information. Drugscope have information on thier website as well. Take care.
  • Options
    yeah it sounds like ketamine is the only thing that really is good if IMed.. damnit. I haven't seen ket in a whileee
  • Options
    i just don't know!

And this is why you should research into anything you are planning on doing. This isnt a flame, or trolling, or anything else, I just think that if you are planning on doing something, especially involving illegal substances, you should research it properly first.
  • Options
    it's not something that ever realy appealed to me so my knowledge of it is ...nil i'm afraid.
  • Options
    it's not something that ever realy appealed to me so my knowledge of it is ...nil i'm afraid.
    have you never missed a vein? its the same thing isnt it?
  • Options
    Eul Grepus wrote:
    And this is why you should research into anything you are planning on doing. This isnt a flame, or trolling, or anything else, I just think that if you are planning on doing something, especially involving illegal substances, you should research it properly first.
    This is my research so far..
    I've found Codeine and Ketamine as good canidates for IM. Unfortunatly I don't have any good clean sources.
    It's not like I'm randomly shooting, I'm pretty expirenced with psychoactives, this seems like the next step up.
  • Options
    ...this seems like the next step up.

next step down really..
  • Options
    This is my research so far..
    I've found Codeine and Ketamine as good canidates for IM. Unfortunatly I don't have any good clean sources.
    It's not like I'm randomly shooting, I'm pretty expirenced with psychoactives, this seems like the next step up.

IM ket wont get you that much more than snorting, unless you have a massive tolerance or crap quality ket.
  • Options
    honestly, its REALLY not worth the bother. I used to inject and skin popping will not do anything extra or any faster than snorting or eating. It will just leave you wit fuck off big jack marks and hurt quite a bit.
  • Options
    honestly, its REALLY not worth the bother. I used to inject and skin popping will not do anything extra or any faster than snorting or eating. It will just leave you wit fuck off big jack marks and hurt quite a bit.

IM is different from skin popping which as I understand it is making a small bubble of skin with the liquid underneeth. IM goes straight into the muscle and is therefore quite quick. Its not massively dangerous if you both know what you are doing and have totally sterile kit and drug, something no druggie has.
  • Options
    Skin popping, IM.. injecting a drug under your skin
    I finally got my rig together, all clean :yippe:

well I do know the difference myself, but Im assuming he was just getting confused with the terms. IM isnt particularly fast either. IM injections tend to be for slow release drugs in medical use. I dont think there is much call for IM injections recreationally.
  • Options
    well I do know the difference myself, but Im assuming he was just getting confused with the terms. IM isnt particularly fast either. IM injections tend to be for slow release drugs in medical use. I dont think there is much call for IM injections recreationally.

Ket is about the only thing people IM, and apparently that does come on within about 30-45 seconds after the hit. But as I said, I really wouldnt inject anything which isnt pure.
  • Options
    have you never missed a vein? its the same thing isnt it?
    yeah of course.
    in that case don't bother mate.
    irritating ...physicaly marked for days ...painful on the scale of annoying.

i take it you wish to avoid iv but want to inject anyway.
    tell me again in case i missed it ...why do you want to inject ...especialy in a non recreational manner?
  • Options
    darn. I'll just wait for some codeine and try it out. i dont care what you say! :p
  • Options
    That's fine, you don't have to care, but it would be nice if you took on board some of the concerns people have raised, and it would be sensible to understand the risks you are taking. Begs the question of why you asked in the first place though....
  • Options
    Bleak.....bleak outlook on the rusty cabbage on the sidewalk...who says the 1400's revolution is over...me mammy is still fighting...awck god bless her soul!
  • Options
    darn. I'll just wait for some codeine and try it out. i dont care what you say! :p
    Thats a bit strange then. Im not moralising to you. I just think its a waste of time and a bit stupid - but then again youll see that when you try it.
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    That's fine, you don't have to care, but it would be nice if you took on board some of the concerns people have raised, and it would be sensible to understand the risks you are taking. Begs the question of why you asked in the first place though....
    I was asking what substances could be injected IM successfully, not whether or not it is a good idea.
    I just think its a waste of time and a bit stupid - but then again youll see that when you try it.
    see the thing is, you may see it this way, it might be a waste of time to you. But it might not be a waste of time for me. It's all for experimentation, you know!
  • Options
    I was asking what substances could be injected IM successfully, not whether or not it is a good idea.

see the thing is, you may see it this way, it might be a waste of time to you. But it might not be a waste of time for me. It's all for experimentation, you know!

So as long as it is experimentation the fact that would could get gangreen or any number of nasty complications from injecting impure stuff isnt a concern?

If you're going to do it, at the very least use sterile needles, swab the area and use sterile water as well.
  • Options

Ok, but you are asking the question on a board dedicated to the principle of harm minimisation. It would be irresponsible of us not to provide you with information.
  • Options
    Well ladyjade thanks for the concern!
    and bongbudda, myself and a few of my friends are very intuned with chemistry, we've gone through pretty extensive purification processes. I'd never inject something that wasn't pure. I sure as hell don't want cutting agents in me.
  • Options
    Unless its gone through a micron filter I dont see how you can say its clean and pure.
  • Options
    when you draw it up into the syringe, make sure you use a filter. the ones you buy for cigarettes work well although can sometimes leave fibres, or you can cut a bit of filter off the end of a ready made cigarette.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Unless its gone through a micron filter I dont see how you can say its clean and pure.

Thats part of the process. .02 micron filter

rainbowbrite, There is no difference from that and a cotton filter is there? I'd be worried using a cigarette filter just because of what they come in contact with.
  • Options
    when you draw it up into the syringe, make sure you use a filter. the ones you buy for cigarettes work well although can sometimes leave fibres, or you can cut a bit of filter off the end of a ready made cigarette.
    the joys of a mispent youth ...