Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

More pacts from the Labour Party jokers

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    klintock wrote:
    Well, I am 4 foot 6. Anyway, I'll answer for you, as you are too stupid to live (almost.)

Money is the most commonly traded substance between humans. So if you had a soceity based on kindness, tolerance, bigamy or whatever, those qualities would become the new money. Moron.

I love the way you always answer tricky questions with a question. Are you a Rabbi?

Eh? :confused: Are you drunk? Love would become the new money? How absurd.

Money is how we measure the relative value of commodities within our current market system.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Money is how we measure the relative value of commodities within our current market system.
    Hooray, he's finally got something right! :p
  • Options
    People have to pay for things "firms" produce with "money" or I should say their share of potential resources prviding people beleive in it.

The state is currently maintaining a total strangle hold on the production of money. In times gone by, communities had their own currency, but men with guns are making you use worthless fiat paper, and of course slavery follows close behind.
    So the poor wont get firms (which dont exsist anyway their just a man made name for a groupe of people who think they work for someone for a common purpose,,, they dont of course cause a comon purpose dosnt exsist, its just a man made name for a general idea which dosnt exsist,,,what get the fuck away from me) to provide services for them cause they cant pay, but the government (which dosnt exsist either its just a man made mane for...oh I give up) can.

:lol: :thumb:

Thinking is tricky, isn't it. I'll think up some new words to save myself the effort of repeated explanation in future.
    Paying for university your self are you, managed to save 20K already well done, you wont need taxpayers help to get on then will you.

Why do you need to go to university again to get your licences for professions etc? Oh that would be the state again!
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Blagsta only cares about what Blagsta thinks.

You're the master of getting the wrong end of the stick aren't you? :D
    I read quite widely thanks, I just don't read any particular columnist. Try reading what I write next time eh?
  • Options
    #
    Yeah, and it could be measured in anything. People, not being stupid, traditionally chose gold, but the government spent it all decades ago, being stupid.

You think that the current pound Euro etc are anything more than imposed standards? Halfwit!
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    You're the master of getting the wrong end of the stick aren't you? I read quite widely thanks, I just don't read any particular columnist. Try reading what I write next time eh?
    Is Blagsta's world a nice place? Where you think you're right about everything? The difference between you and me is I can admit when I've got things wrong.
    klintock wrote:
    You think that the current pound Euro etc are anything more than imposed standards?
    Don't get me started on the Euro, Klintock! ***foaming at the mouth with anger already***
  • Options
    The only problem with the euro, is the same as the only problem with the pound. There's someone with a gun making you use only one of them.

A free market in currency would answer a hell of a lot of problems, to be quite frank. You have a tractor you and your fellow workers just built. I am offering you this nice piece of paper with some numbers written on it.

Are you going to accept that or are you going to go for the gold?
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    The only problem with the euro, is the same as the only problem with the pound. There's someone with a gun making you use only one of them. A free market in currency would answer a hell of a lot of problems, to be quite frank. You have a tractor you and your fellow workers just built. I am offering you this nice piece of paper with some numbers written on it.
    You mean we should be able to use any currency anywhere in the world? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick here?
  • Options
    You mean we should be able to use any currency anywhere in the world? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick here?

Yep.

Or make you own, if you want to. I mean, why the hell not?
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    The only problem with the euro, is the same as the only problem with the pound. There's someone with a gun making you use only one of them.

guns dont exsist Klintock its just a collection of atoms fabricated together into a pre designed shape it just happend to be called a gun the only reason you think its a gun is because theres some with a ,,,er,,,

Well never mind it just isnt OK
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Yep. Or make you own, if you want to. I mean, why the hell not?
    Interesting idea, but I'm not sure anyone would buy it. When I worked at Haven last year, we had some staff come over from Spain. (they wanted to make a bit of money in the UK before starting university) Teaching them about the pound currency was a nightmare! How on earth do you expect the public to learn about hundreds of different currencies. I'm afraid there are simply too many currencies for that to work.
  • Options
    guns dont exsist Klintock its just a collection of atoms fabricated together into a pre designed shape it just happend to be called a gun the only reason you think its a gun is because theres some with a ,,,er,,,

Yeah. :confused:

It was funny the first time. Now you are just being a twat. Fuck off, eh?
    Interesting idea, but I'm not sure anyone would buy it.

They wouldn't have to. That's the whole point. A free market means you can choose what you do. Just having the option would put pressure on the existing banks etc to act more responsibly.
    I'm afraid there are simply too many currencies for that to work.

Nah. It works in places with a few "borders" so it could work everywhere.
  • Options
    :D
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Yeah. :confused:

It was funny the first time. Now you are just being a twat. Fuck off, eh?

No the point is thats what its like trying to debate with you, just when people think there getting to somekind of point you comeout with oh yes but it dosnt exsist ? then it goes around in circles.
  • Options
    No the point is thats what its like trying to debate with you, just when people think there getting to somekind of point you comeout with oh yes but it dosnt exsist ? then it goes around in circles.

Terribly sorry if that's how it happens. All I am really aiming to do is to make folk think what "society" "government" and all those other nominalisations really are before wandering off into what they should/shouldn't be doing.

All those things really are only ideas. Most posters can't wait to pick up weapons to go do things with those ideas.

It saddens me slightly that all political debate centres around what might or might not be done with resources taken by force with no thought of how those resources are acquired or even if what they are going to be thrown at really exists in the way it's generally thought of.

If any of the posters I have debated this stuff with would be willing to put their hands up and say "Right, fine. Countries are just arbitary imaginary lines etc etc" then we'd get somewhere - down to what we do about the violent ones who make this stuff up and brainwash large groups into thinking these optional games are reality, for example.

Then I usually cheer up, because cheerful is what I am. :)

Apologies for my earlier bluntness, btw.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Countries are just arbitary imaginary lines etc etc" then we'd get somewhere - down to what we do about the violent ones who make this stuff up and brainwash large groups into thinking these optional games are reality, .

OK and my point with the gun thing was you can say the same "arbitary imaginary" about anything. Everything with a human word and catagorisation is to some extent arbitary and imaginary, its just a label we put on it.

I dont see how that is true with a country but not with a gun ?
  • Options
    OK and my point with the gun thing was you can say the same "arbitary imaginary" about anything

No, theres very definitely a physical world out there, with set rules. Light moves at the same speed for me as it does for you, gravity affects us both the same way.
    Everything with a human word and catagorisation is to some extent arbitary and imaginary, its just a label we put on it.

Yup. What does that mean though? Some words refer to real things in the real world, the one we perceive through the senses, some words refer to ideas only. It's important to know which is which before you go killing people, I reckon.
    I dont see how that is true with a country but not with a gun ?

A gun is a real, concrete thing, you can see where it begins and ends. A country has no concrete start and end, it's entirely imaginary. England didn't exist in 1536. The UK didn't in 1705.
  • Options
    I believe "countries" exist on a certain level though. And it's more than laws within certain borders. It's about language and manneruisms aswell.
  • Options
    I could construct an argument against that, a gun is a real physical thing yes.

1. its only a gun cause we call it a gun, if in the future if a laser weapon is developed, and explosive firearms are redundant, the laser could still be called a gun, and you cold say a "gun" as we know it dosnt exsist.
    2. Its physical, so's the air so's the table the gun sits on, how do we differentiate between them its just atoms being in different states of agitation, I could dismantal the gun and tie string to it the string is physical is it a gun no because we know what we refer to as a "gun" ie its only a gun because of human labels, does it have to fire a projectile to be a gun, apart from when its a crossbow or cannon, or you take a normal gun and file dowm and cut bits off it so it still fires is it still a gun ? yes so what are the bits Ive taken off called ?

Much the same could be said of a country it has boundries which are written down and defined defined much more clearly than the physical boundries of a gun are ?

It has a label assigned and agreed by people ( I have a british passport) and agreed, the vast majority accept this evern if they dont feel a british them selfes they still know which laws apply, they still know where there based.

It suites a purpose much like a gun thats why we want it, Id prefer to be in Britain with Laws developed over a long time, and a means of inforcing those laws rather then leave everything to chance.

A gun is a label that can change and vary for something physical so is a country, land is physical, the label assignes out meaning to it.
  • Options
    I believe "countries" exist on a certain level though. And it's more than laws within certain borders. It's about language and manneruisms aswell.

I agree. There should probably be about 6 or 7 words for all the different things it can mean. Theres a real place, a nation, a state, sometimes an ethnicity, a set of idea's, a history, a commonality, a code of rules, an imaginary boundary, a pool of people to pick a football team from......

All using one word. It's been incredibly confabulated. On purpose.
  • Options
    1. its only a gun cause we call it a gun, if in the future if a laser weapon is developed, and explosive firearms are redundant, the laser could still be called a gun, and you cold say a "gun" as we know it dosnt exsist.

Right, fair enough. Not always useful but true enough.
    Much the same could be said of a country it has boundries which are written down and defined defined much more clearly than the physical boundries of a gun are ?

Who writes down and defines those boundaries and why would they mean anything to me unless I wanted them to?
    It has a label assigned and agreed by people ( I have a british passport) and agreed, the vast majority accept this evern if they dont feel a british them selfes they still know which laws apply, they still know where there based.

Agreed when and where and what happens if you don't agree?
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Right, fair enough. Not always useful but true enough.

Who writes down and defines those boundaries and why would they mean anything to me unless I wanted them to?

Agreed when and where and what happens if you don't agree?

Ok who decides what a Gun is and does this mean anything to me unless I want them to, what happens if I dont agree that its a gun.

The answers to those two questions arre very similer to your 2. The definition of a gun dosnt have to mean anything to me, but they are accepted human labels If you want to buy a gun you have to ask for a "gun"

What happens if you dont agree, well If youve got a gun and I say its not a gun, guns done exsist their just ......blah blah, and you shoot me then I still get shot dont I, I can deny its exsistance whilst the bullet hits me, dosnt change the fact Ive just been shot.
    Like wise whats legal in some countries is illegal here If you get caught and go to court and try explaining to them, Yes I did it but youve got no right to try me as this country dosnt realy exsist, its just .......
    Well youl still get punished, still be in a UK prison, proof that it does exsist ?
  • Options
    Ok who decides what a Gun is and does this mean anything to me unless I want them to, what happens if I dont agree that its a gun.

Nothing. You can do what you like. No one is forcing you.
    The answers to those two questions arre very similer to your 2. The definition of a gun dosnt have to mean anything to me, but they are accepted human labels If you want to buy a gun you have to ask for a "gun"

Sure, but the existence of the label isn't being used as a reason on it's own for you to obey the whims of others. Which brings us right along to
    Like wise whats legal in some countries is illegal here If you get caught and go to court and try explaining to them

No, in this "country" you are assumed to be innocent. That is, it's up to the prosecution to prove that the country "existence" and it's got something to do with you. You've got nothing to explain.
    Yes I did it but youve got no right to try me as this country dosnt realy exsist, its just .......

See above.
    Well youl still get punished, still be in a UK prison, proof that it does exsist ?

Yeah, maybe. it depends on how emotionally attached to their fiction's the anti social parasite called "judge" is on the day, and if his friends actually follow the law on appeal.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Is Blagsta's world a nice place? Where you think you're right about everything? The difference between you and me is I can admit when I've got things wrong. Don't get me started on the Euro, Klintock! ***foaming at the mouth with anger already***

I admit I'm wrong when I am wrong. I'm not on this. In no way can Peter Hitchens be described as "insightful". Not by any usual defintion of the word anyway.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I don't know wether to laugh or cry at the way this topic has gone. So i'll do both at once. Then explode in confusion.
  • Options
    I mostly ignore klintock, its easier all round I find. He's got a screw loose I think.
  • Options
    You don't find me expressing the wish that my views are violently imposed on everyone else, Blagsta.

Must be you who has the problem then.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    You don't find me expressing the wish that my views are violently imposed on everyone else, Blagsta.
    We get lefties "oh, we don't like violence", then this happens. :p
  • Options
    Peter Hitchens is a moron.

His brother, however, is a man of towering genius.
  • Options
    Peter Hitchens is a moron. His brother, however, is a man of towering genius.
    Who is his brother? Refresh my memory.