Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

BabyShambles

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Try:
    Fuck Forever
    Albion
    Gang Of Gin

and then, The Libertines:
    What A Waster
    What Became Of The Likely Lads
    Music When The Lights Go Out

I actually really like them, after a few songs, one of the bands that have to grow on you.
    And the Libertines, I like them also
    Thanks, I always need new music :thumb:
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I actually really like them, after a few songs, one of the bands that have to grow on you.
    And the Libertines, I like them also
    Thanks, I always need new music :thumb:

Glad you like it!

Have a search on Amazon music or something for The Libertines self-titled album then another called Up The Bracket... and Babyshambles - Down in Albion. They have the full tracklists and you can download some more.

:D
  • Options
    hmm ebays actually not too bad. bout £30 a ticket... should i get some on Buy It Now? hmm..
  • Options
    Yeah, they aren't too bad. There's loads on there for Manchester!!
  • Options
    What are Dirty pretty Things like? I noticed they are playing in Oxford, and just wondered as you were saying about them.
  • Options
    Glad you like it!

Have a search on Amazon music or something for The Libertines self-titled album then another called Up The Bracket... and Babyshambles - Down in Albion. They have the full tracklists and you can download some more.

:D

Up the Bracket before The Libertines tbh.
  • Options
    What are Dirty pretty Things like? I noticed they are playing in Oxford, and just wondered as you were saying about them.

Two tracks here if you wanna give em a listen..
  • Options

There's only a couple of tracks circulating, but they're not too bad from what I've heard. Would be good to see Carl's new band anyway, think I might buy some ticketson on ebay next weekend.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    A number one selling album, best selling single ever for rough trade, won various awards, has had his poetry published, performed in front of billions of people, got 11A* in his gcses............

Ah, you left out half my post, which was the main part. Thanks. Anyway, getting something published isn't hard, mate. Look at what DOES get publish thesedays. And as for awards, the same. Some real shite gets awards, ever noticed that? Poems get published that are fucking awful too. a NUMBER ONE Album? That's no sign of quality, ever looked at the charts? Hitler has performed infront of billions of people, expect me to worship him to? You fail to address the fact the guy is also a cock. You also feel the need to insult me through PM's. When I say insult, let us analyze it:

1) Failiure to start with Capital letter.
    2) Spelling/Grammar incontinuance.
    3) Use of "you're" instead of "your" - "spew you're bile" makes little sense.

If PM'ing me in future, please make it readable. Thankyou. This is my last reply, you bore me and waste my time. You fail to argue without spewing illegible insults. I don't care.
  • Options
    People are always going to me "Woah man you can't do that!" and I'm like-watch me.

You are an absolute legend. A shining example to the ways of anarchy. Sir, I salute you. Thank you for being on this planet.
  • Options
    Cazzoo wrote:
    Up the Bracket before The Libertines tbh.

Agreed, that's what the libs were all about. The Libertines was the "release something quickly before we kick pete out" album.

The demo sessions produced better songs than the final lp versions in a good few cases - Killamangiro, Back from the Dead, Albion etc. Seemed to be more concerned with getting the music to sound like a shambles, baby. Ah well.

Say what you want about Pete but he's certainly brough the suited and booted look back into the indie scene (suppose multiple court appearences will do that to one's wardrobe).

Anyone heard any Yeti? Quite good, for a bassist. ;)
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Ah, you left out half my post, which was the main part. Thanks. Anyway, getting something published isn't hard, mate. Look at what DOES get publish thesedays. And as for awards, the same.
    Yeah even someone like you could get poetry published and win best band awards etc, you just don't want to right? :lol:
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    a NUMBER ONE Album? That's no sign of quality, ever looked at the charts?
    Actually a number one album is a sign of quality. People still buy albums, its the singles chart that has no relevance. The album has sold over a million copies. The fact that it appeals to so many people is proof of its quality.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Hitler has performed infront of billions of people, expect me to worship him to?
    No he hasn't and no ones asking you to worship Pete Doherty.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    You fail to address the fact the guy is also a cock.
    That would be because he isn't.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    You also feel the need to insult me through PM's.
    Yeah well its just more fun to insult (or tell it like it is-you choose) you both publicly and privately.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    When I say insult, let us analyze it:

2) Spelling/Grammar incontinuance.
    3) Use of "you're" instead of "your" - "spew you're bile" makes little sense.
    Communication over the internet, particularly over forums does not have to be formal. But if you want to talk about those things then what about:
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Look at what DOES get publish thesedays.
    That should be "published" and "these days".
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    . a NUMBER ONE Album?
    That should be "A number one album?"
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Hitler has performed infront of billions of people
    That should be "in front"
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    That should be "with a capital letter."

You also wrote "analyze" instead of analyse, but theres a good chance you're American so I'll let you away with that. The point is, if you're going to criticise my spelling and grammer at least make sure yours is perfect you stupid fuck.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    If PM'ing me in future, please make it readable.
    you sit there, immersed in your own ignorance passing judgement on others. Who the fuck do you think you are anyway? I'll tell you- you're nothing but a vulture. Do as I told thunderstruck to do- fuck off and spew you're bile elsewhere.
    Are you saying you couldn't understand that message? You weren't blessed with a high intelligence were you? Never mind, I'll dumb that message down a bit so you can understand what I'm saying: Fuck off you cunt.
  • Options

Anyone heard any Yeti? Quite good, for a bassist. ;)

Oh god, yes. They are utterly brilliant. Midnight flight. Flesh and bone. Never lose your sense of wonder. Lots of incredibly promising demos. They were THE band of the summer for me, i can't wait for an album and i desperately want to see them live again.
  • Options
    I think it's brilliant how one guy can cause such a split of opinion. Controversial figure, surely that counts for something. It really is love or hate too - let's face it, he's more interesting than James Blunt :yes:
  • Options
    I think he's just as dull as James Blunt actually, just as self indulgent and musically just as conservative.
  • Options
    oh dear
  • Options
    I don't think I've ever heard a single song by them/him...
  • Options
    Bump!

Fuck me... possibly the best gig ever?
  • Options
    Bump!

No :mad:
  • Options
    Bump!

Was Pat back on guitar?
  • Options
    i was at *coughstudentpopidolcough* next door and was sooo tempted to get tickets of the touts late on and go! bet it was ace
  • Options
    Was Pat back on guitar?

Yes mate. They all had a big hug on stage at the end... Pete looked sober to me too. I really hope he does it this time!

Ahhh my feet and legs are black from getting jumped on and I had to be in work at 9am this morning! I'm fucked. It was SOOOO worth it though!