Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

BabyShambles

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
If you don't like them, don't bother posting in this thread. :p

They're playing at the end of the month, go to Seetickets!!!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I can't go to another 'Shambles gig. I can't. Pointless getting tickets. Can't bear the disapointment.
  • Options
    I like them but i wouldn't buy tickets anymore. If a girl I liked kept cancelling dates on me I'd stop phoning no matter how much I liked her and same goes for this.
  • Options
    Ahh, you disappoint me.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Sorry, but he's a cunt.
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    Sorry, but he's a cunt.

You mean Pete is a cunt. The band are good.

And I quite like Pete, personally. :heart:
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I dont have a problem with the band, some of their stuff is good. As you say, just that drugged up twat that is the problem :p
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    As you say, just that drugged up twat that is the problem :p

I never said that...!
  • Options
    Terrible derivative shite.
  • Options

• Options
    They should be called Kingbabyshambles*

*doubts anyone will get this
  • Options
    Babyshambles suck.
  • Options
    The band are just a bunch of wasters who decided to hang onto Pete once the real musicians left. They're quite pathetic.

I do like the band btw. I liked them more before though. Luckily I got to see one of the first gigs before it when completely awry.
  • Options
    ...and again...
  • Options
    I know you'll post your "dont post here if you dont like them" quote again SHambler but you have to admit, the band havent got the recognition they have purely through their musical prowess....

I couldnt go see them personally, the small amount i have seem them/him live, he couldnt look like he gave less of a shit about his bandmates or his audience.....and i find that deplorable in any artist i pay to see.
  • Options
    Personally I didn't know THAT much about them until my mate lent me the album, and it's solely my opinion on that (and other songs I've downloaded since) which made me buy a ticket. I'll make my own mind up when I've been and seen for myself.

In the meantime, I like them and I like Pete.
  • Options
    Just for this thread I'm going to download a song by them, babyshambels is the band I'm guessing?
  • Options
    ...and again...
    I do like the band

Can you read? I said I like them, just not as much as I used to.
  • Options
    Can you read? I said I like them, just not as much as I used to.

It wasn't directed at you. People HAD posted previous to you, if you had taken the time to look. :)
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Just for this thread I'm going to download a song by them, babyshambels is the band I'm guessing?

Yeah, Babyshambles.

Try The Libertines too, and Pete Doherty.
  • Options
    Yes they are a shambles indeed.
  • Options
    It wasn't directed at you. People HAD posted previous to you, if you had taken the time to look. :)

Okay, in future use a quote then so I know :thumb:
  • Options
    I downloaded sticks and stones cuz it was the first one... do they have any other songs that, well, dont sound anything like that one?
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Jank!

Nuff Said.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I downloaded sticks and stones cuz it was the first one... do they have any other songs that, well, dont sound anything like that one?

Try:
    Fuck Forever
    Albion
    Gang Of Gin

and then, The Libertines:
    What A Waster
    What Became Of The Likely Lads
    Music When The Lights Go Out
  • Options
    If you don't like them, don't bother posting in this thread.

Yes I think I will. This is an open forum. You can't just post threads about bands etc. that you like and forbid any opinions contrary to your own just because you fear that some people may disagree with you about it and say bad things about your favourite band.

Frightfully sorry to break up your little Pete Doherty bum club but I think Babyshambles fucking suck. I liked the Libertines who I saw in concert loads and loads of times. I've met Pete Doherty before he was famous and even then, he was a complete wanker.

Oh and don't bother posting a reply to this if you don't agree with me.
  • Options
    Yes I think I will. This is an open forum. You can't just post threads about bands etc. that you like and forbid any opinions contrary to your own just because you fear that some people may disagree with you.....

Oh and don't bother posting a reply to this if you don't agree with me.

I'm assuming that was a joke....
  • Options
    It wasn't meant to be a discussion thread about the band. It was a thread to inform people of the gigs IN CASE they wanted to go. Hence why I didn't ask for people's opinions.

But if it makes you happy wasting your time, then so be it.
  • Options
    Try:
    Fuck Forever
    Albion
    Gang Of Gin

and then, The Libertines:
    What A Waster
    What Became Of The Likely Lads
    Music When The Lights Go Out

Oh dear god girl ... this is part of the reason i get embaressed about liking babyshambles and libertines! I seem to be their only fan who has any taste :p

Babyshambles: The albums not that impressive, for nearly every song there is a demo version that is much better. When i first heard the album version of Albion i nearly cried because of how they've butchered it. If i was reccomending songs from it they would be:
    8 dead boys
    back from the dead
    and i suppose fuck forever

If you can, get the version of Albion from either the Babyshambles session (which was a bunch of recordings pete doherty did before 2nd libertines album) or the free wheelin' pete doherty recordings. I think popular opinion amongst the hardcore fans is that the latter is better but i prefer the former.

Also for stix and stones get the version that's a b side to For Lovers by Wolfman and Pete Doherty because its so much better.

For Libertines: the whole of the first album but in particular
    death on the stairs
    time for heroes
    tell the king
    begging

The second album is quite good but again for nearly every song there's a better demo. I think he fucks 'em up on purpose to not be to commercial.

Ahem ... now i've revealed what a music geek i am i think i'll shut up
  • Options
    Personally I didn't know THAT much about them until my mate lent me the album, and it's solely my opinion on that (and other songs I've downloaded since) which made me buy a ticket. I'll make my own mind up when I've been and seen for myself.

In the meantime, I like them and I like Pete.

Ah that would explain the loyalty ... give it another couple of years and you'll be fed up with being let down and stop trying to buy tickets too.

I saw them before he went back to the Libs for second album and it was good and i saw them once after ... the drugs are definitley taking their toll I don't think I would want to see it now :(
  • Options
    I was giving my_name some suggestions to download. Never did I say that they were my favourite songs. I thought they would be easier to find for her, as they're generally more popular and so will be easier to download. SORRY FOR GETTING IT OH SO FUCKING WRONG.

Anyway, this thread was never meant for me to defend my music taste or myself for that matter. All I wanted to do was make people that cared aware of the gigs.

Nice one.