Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Kids

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    beans wrote:
    The thought of being preganant and actually having to push a kid out terrifies me! Just the words 'stiches' 'mornin sickness' and 'epidurals' scare the hell out of me, buuut the whole idea of having a kid one day i quite like, i still feel like too mguch of a kid myself at the minute though, maybe in about 5 years time and we can just hope that they get my boyfriends genes, ha :p

how about placenta. oh my god vomit
  • Options
    I've always wanted them as long as I can remember. Instead of imaginary friends, I had imaginary babies :blush:
    I would like 4 but my boyfriend is completely opposite to me and would have none at all if he could. So we have compromised on 2.
    I will have kids though, no doubt about it. I would consider my life wasted if I didn't.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    how about placenta. oh my god vomit

bleugh yes, and also the thought of loosing control of your bladder, and then i found out that some women have 'accidents' of the other sort when actually pushing the bub out. No one had ever told me that before :no:
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    and then i found out that some women have 'accidents' of the other sort when actually pushing the bub out. No one had ever told me that before :no:

:lol::lol::lol: It happens, though I'm sure that'll be the least of your concerns when the time comes...

Also, imo it's infinitely preferable to the enema midwives used to give during early labour to prevent such accidents. :nervous:
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Also, imo it's infinitely preferable to the enema midwives used to give before labour to prevent such accidents. :nervous:

oh my gosh!

i am so un-educated when it comes to the nasty bits of labour, i think i preffered my blissfull ignorance!

I just remember in year 4 we had a nurse lady in to talk to us about sex education, and silly me my question was 'does it hurt' and the way that her and my teacher just looked at each other and were like well yes... but it's something women have to go through.. i was like argh from then on since :p
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    I just remember in year 4 we had a nurse lady in to talk to us about sex education, and silly me my question was 'does it hurt' and the way that her and my teacher just looked at each other and were like well yes... but it's something women have to go through.. i was like argh from then on since :p

Ignorance is probably bliss in this case, but whenever any woman I know has a baby I still ask "did it hurt?" "what kind of pain?" etc etc.

It's gotta be worth the pain though, or we femmes wouldn't keep putting ourselves through it! :D
  • Options
    briggi wrote:

It's gotta be worth the pain though, or we femmes wouldn't keep putting ourselves through it! :D

Or we're all just bloody psychos.... either way :)
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    yes, also apparently the extent of the pain is wiped from your memory soon after you've been through it so it won't put you off having another baby in the future.

and most women do poo giving birth :p
  • Options
    i want 2, one of each idealy but not for a looong time yet!
    the thoughts of all the complications like miscarriages and haemoraging and having a minging body afterwards scare me though.
    being an emetophobic the thought of morning sickness doesn't settle too well either :(
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Ballerina wrote:
    and having a minging body

ahah, I read that as "and having a minging baby" :p
  • Options
    well it only hurt for me until the epidural kicked in. I think if you poo, they clear it away before you notice. If you work in a hospital ever, you clear up so much shit anyway that no nurse or midwife would even bat an eyelid - seriously.

As for minging body, its not gonna be the same after a pregnancy, same as its not gonna be the same if someone puts on a lot of weight for any other reason then loses it again, but mingings a bit strong a term :eek2:
  • Options
    if i was witnessing the birth on my first born and whoever the mother might be poops i'd crack up laugthing and be in *big* trouble!
  • Options
    pjharvey wrote:
    if i was witnessing the birth on my first born and whoever the mother might be poops i'd crack up laugthing and be in *big* trouble!

i think youd be too in shock at the sight of a baby emerging along with the rest of the blood and gore, to notice a bit of poo poo tbh.
    Thats if she lets you watch down that end. She might want you to stay near her head to hold her hand.
  • Options
    i have medic friends and one of them has been working in obs & gaeny and she said that this woman was giving birth and pooed and the woman started shouting 'oh god i'm so embarrassed, that stinks i'm so sorry! oh god!'.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    i have medic friends and one of them has been working in obs & gaeny and she said that this woman was giving birth and pooed and the woman started shouting 'oh god i'm so embarrassed, that stinks i'm so sorry! oh god!'.

Oh god, this thread makes me laugh and want to lose my breakfast at the same time.
  • Options
    how you can laugh when a woman is laid there in agnony giving birth to your child i don't know
    its more likely you'll be having your hand squeezed off
  • Options
    Im pregnant atm as some people know but wont be carrying the pregnancy through.

I think I do want kids, planned next time. In the future. Im not 100% as much as I used to be tbh, think ive grown up and see them a bit more as little brats now! I can handle the baby stage as ive looked after tons but the toddler brat stage man im scared of that!
  • Options
    having a child is without a doubt the most imporant job you will ever do in your whole entire life, and it is nearly always just as rewarding. children are magical
  • Options
    i hope i don't poo when i'm giving birth. :(
  • Options
    :lol: that is so fuinny

i watched a birthing video before going into labour and the woman weeeeeed and i was so scared a wee everywhere for ages
  • Options
    i didnt though
  • Options
    not got any atm. got two cats if that counts.

But yeah i'd love'um in the future, was never really bothered till my sister had one (I spoil her rotten but thats what uncles are for aren't they), and my ex miscarried.
    I'd want one of each.
  • Options
    Don't have any but would like to have had 2 kids, a boy & girl, by the time i'm 30.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    yes, also apparently the extent of the pain is wiped from your memory soon after you've been through it so it won't put you off having another baby in the future.

and most women do poo giving birth :p
    Yeah, they say the memory of the pain disappears as soon as you're handed your baby.

CRAP!

Im still trying to block it out 11 weeks later :(

And I was terrified of pooing, I tried to hold in pushing at one point cos I was convinced I would! I didnt by the way :p
  • Options
    I'd like one..one day. Not any time soon. I dont fancy having lots. Just the one to lavish attention on and spoil rotton.
  • Options
    I don't have any yet, but I would like a couple in the future. I don't mind what sex they are, but my boyfriend would like two boys, so he can take them to the football.
  • Options
    I'd like three or four with at least two girls, the person I want them with only wants one or two. :chin: Not sure if I could give birth four times though!
  • Options
    my nana gave birth 11 times!!!
    not sure whether she felt the last few though.
  • Options
    I'd like a couple, one of each maybe..... :lol:

No, seriously, Mr M wants his own rugby team I think. I tell you, the nearest he's going to get is a netball team plus a cheerleader.
  • Options
    I've never seen a birth (thank god) so is it true, that once that nasty goopy bloody baby comes out of you they let the mother hold it... before they wash it?