Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What makes an action right or wrong?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No, just yours.

Words mean whatever I want them to mean, no more, no less. - Humpty Dumpty.

Let's define ownership then, to crack off. How do you think ownership works?
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    No, just yours.

Words mean whatever I want them to mean, no more, no less. - Humpty Dumpty.

This is why I had you on ignore for so long - you change defintions of words to suit your argument thus making it impossible to actually debate.
    klintock wrote:
    Let's define ownership then, to crack off. How do you think ownership works?

:confused:
  • Options
    This is why I had you on ignore for so long - you change defintions of words to suit your argument thus making it impossible to actually debate.

Stuck in after the Op?

So let's define a few words then.

Seriously, how do you think you come to "own" something?
  • Options
    It is socially agreed that people own stuff - rules that are backed up with threats of violence.
  • Options
    Yeah but to quote a good phrase of yours, that ignores the reality of people's lives. Do you think that people really leave things that they don't "own" alone because of threats from others?
  • Options
    Some do, some don't. What's your point?
  • Options
    no ...your right but ...your not expecting a world where everyone will agree oneday are you?

so ...part of the human condition is conflict.

we need to learn how to deal with that conflict.

No, I'm not expecting everyone to agree. If that were going to happen, it would have happened centuries ago.

Just don't know whether it's a case of weigh up the pros and cons before you act or whether that just takes too long?

Not always but sometimes I yearn to get back to nature, though civilisation is pretty irreversible now. It's a pretty ruthless world but you don't have many worries.
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    the Beatles were shit as soon as they went long hair and flower power so drugs didnt help them out much...
    i had to drive 50 fucking miles on a motorway with my missus tonight in our little jeep at 20 miles a fucking hour cos of fog ...and this qoute came into my head so i just had to reply ...

before the beats even had their first recording contract ...before the uk had even heard of the beatles ...they played endless gigs in hamburg ...full of speed ...so at which point were they wonderful in your book ...and then drugs destroyed them?
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    A person who attempts to dictate how others live their lives and who judge them on a set of superstitions based on a 2,000 year old story book is wrong.

started writting it three and a half thousand years ago mate but ...where does that leave people who believe nineteenth century theories regarding the spontanous creation of life from none living rocks and mud ...when such stuff was shown to be unscientific in the tewntieth century ...where does that leave blagsta with his endless worship of political theorists such as marx ...who died a long time ago and put his thpoughts together on a completely different planet than the one we inhabit today?
  • Options
    Errr...I dunno why you feel the need to misrepresent me so much mr. Pissed again are you?
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Errr...I dunno why you feel the need to misrepresent me so much mr. Pissed again are you?
    i/2 mate. :lol:
  • Options
    started writting it three and a half thousand years ago mate but ...where does that leave people who believe nineteenth century theories regarding the spontanous creation of life from none living rocks and mud ...when such stuff was shown to be unscientific in the tewntieth century ...where does that leave blagsta with his endless worship of political theorists such as marx ...who died a long time ago and put his thpoughts together on a completely different planet than the one we inhabit today?
    In an infinitely better position than the other lot, seeing as they base their beliefs in logic, common sense and tons of evidence, versus superstition, fears, folk stories and not the merest microscopic trace of anything resembling proof.

Incidentally MR, every time I watch the (excellent) new Guinness ad I think of you. I picture you watching the 'reversed evolution' footage and shouting "Lies, all lies!" as you throw a shoe at the TV. ;)
  • Options
    The Beatles were good when they did the early rock and roll, the later flower power music was crap! thats my opinion of the band anyway
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Incidentally MR, every time I watch the (excellent) new Guinness ad I think of you. I picture you watching the 'reversed evolution' footage and shouting "Lies, all lies!" as you throw a shoe at the TV. ;)
    not seen it ...i'll get some shoes ready. :lol:
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    The Beatles were good when they did the early rock and roll, the later flower power music was crap! thats my opinion of the band anyway
    like i said ...when they did the early stuff they were full of amphetamine.
    the later stuff changed the face of music.
    first band to use loops and samples ...all on little bits of tape.
    lots of synth.
    lots of classical instruments ...breaking most of the rules and expectations of what pop music was supposed to be about.
    when you listen to the white album you her country hillbilly punk rock 1920's showbiz stuff ...little stories ...no band at the time could come up with that kind of variety.
    i'm not a big fan myself and never was but ...no getting away from what they and george martin achieved in changing the face of pop music.
    it's a matter of taste i suppose but to say drugs destroyed their music and or talents flys in the face of the evidence.
    you like the stuff they did uder the influence of a very destructive and dangerous drug ...but not the stuff they did undr the influence of less harmful stufg.
  • Options
    not seen it ...i'll get some shoes ready. :lol:
    Here you are mate:

http://www.visit4info.com/details.cfm?adid=26233
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    :thumb: :lol:
    i used my muddy boots!