Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

world war 3

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    z01 wrote:
    inevitable !

wonder if it'll be anytime soon :chin:

they'll probably nuke everything!

who will start it ?

i bet china or terrorists

I count the Cold War as WW III, now WW IV on the other hand.... wont be anything left but a couple of mutants and some cockroaches.
  • Options
    I count the Cold War as WW III.

Why? There was no fighting and it was more a war of ideologies than anything else.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Why? There was no fighting and it was more a war of ideologies than anything else.
    no fighting? you're kidding right? What about Vietnam and Korea? And all the other messy business the US had its hand in down in South America?

I guess you're probably right, but it doesn't seem like too much of a leap.
  • Options
    no fighting? you're kidding right? What about Vietnam and Korea? And all the other messy business the US had its hand in down in South America?

that was just yanks fighting the chinks.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    Well it would, to most Romans the eastern empires were the only real opposition to Imperial power
    yes.
    i was supplying this so people could see where the myth comes from that it is written in the bible that the yellow men will rule the earth ...it says no such thing of course but it is this verse that is often misquoted.
  • Options

Those wars were for "interventionist" purposes..not for the greater good of man.
  • Options
    Am looking through Sollog's site... I wouldn't be surprised if some of what he says will come true, for example Soviet nukes...However, Bush being involved in 'black magick' and 'Satanism' I think is a joke.
  • Options
    interesting
  • Options
    Occult or not, I still thnk 'Satanic' is the wrong word for it.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    Well it would, to most Romans the eastern empires were the only real opposition to Imperial power
    having delved a little further ...it must have meant some time far in the future from when it was written simply because ...it mentions an army of 200 million men! impossible two thousand years ago.
    it speaks of the way being prepared for the kings of the east invading the west ...the preperation has never looked more real in any other time period than now.

The factor that motivated the opium wars with China was a balance of trade problem. China has not changed. China does not want our produce or our products. Our yearly balance trade deficit with China is now $84 billion a year. Europe, Canada, Israel, and dozens of other world nations also have a Chinese trade deficit. A large percentage of the wealth of the world is being directed into China. Most of this wealth so far is being used to move China into the 21st century as an economic power. Now, much of this wealth can be directed into the military. Hong Kong and Macaw have been returned to China; now China wants the return of Taiwan. Even newspapers in China now predict a war with the United States. China cannot match (yet) the U.S. in modern weapons and technology. For example, the U.S. has 18 times as many nuclear missiles. What China has many more times of is men. According to Revelation 9:14-16, an army of 200 million soldiers will cross the Euphrates from the East to fight at the battle of Armageddon.

According to Revelation 16:12, this gigantic army will belong to the "kings of the east" and advance over a prepared way. The way has been prepared. On April 20,2001, on a CNBC news program, Thomas Friedman, the New York Times international news analyst, stated that the real danger with which the United States will have to contend with in the future is China making an alliance with the nations of the East, which was now in progress.

According to an Associated Press news release dated April 24, 2001, China has already signed a trade alliance treaty; the Bangkok Agreement, with India, South Korea, Laos, Sri Lanka, and Bangladesh. Pakistan, Vietnam, Myanmar, and Nepal have indicated they will also sign this treaty and become part of the alliance, which would encompass over half the earth's population.

Perhaps the most amazing feature of the new China is the major highway that runs from Upper Mongolia through Beijing, south to Shanghai, westward along the Yangtze through mountains, through Chungking and Tibet, skirting northern India and Afghanistan. This is one of the most modern divided highways in the world. Strangely the highway signs are both in Chinese and English.

China is filling the world with consumer goods. The major portion of consumer goods and clothing in the United States is now made in China .
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Occult or not, I still thnk 'Satanic' is the wrong word for it.

Well... pledging alegiance to Satan is rather odd. As is one of his Family members (Grandad or great grandad or something) stealing Geronimo's skull for the cult.

It's a group of very odd people. Kerry is part of it too... wierd folks. Get them everywhere though.
  • Options
    that was just yanks fighting the chinks.
    racist :grump:

;)
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Those wars were for "interventionist" purposes..not for the greater good of man.

who said it needed to be a war for the greater good in order to be a world war?
  • Options
    racist :grump:

;)
    yeah the term yanks does seem to upset some people.
  • Options
    who said it needed to be a war for the greater good in order to be a world war?

Ok maybe not but lets look at the first 2 wars, countries from pretty much everywhere joining together to fight the "enemy". Korea and Vietnam were pretty much for the U.S' interests...not a world war by any stretch of the imagination.
  • Options
    Korea was a UN war...........
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote:
    Korea was a UN war...........

Yes but it was basically an American war.

Same with Iraq and the "coalition of the willing" :lol:
  • Options
    World War III was 1939-45
    World War II was 1914-1918
    World War I 1756-63
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    World War I 1756-63
    it's all open to interpretation. :yes:
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    World War I 1756-63
    Some people even say world war III was the Cold War.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Some people even say world war III was the Cold War.
    we were just discussing that actually.
  • Options
    And I think we can Agree, The Cold War wasn't actually a War at all.

Let another example of how our labelling standards need changing. So misleading... I do remember as a young boy at the first Gulf War, I often thought "How can a war break out over Golf?!" :lol:

But anyway... The Actuall "WW3" promised in the future, well... it'll be fun. Maybe I can fight alongside some of you if we all get conscripted? I propose going AWOL if we can get some booze... or anything else for that matter. Might as well enjoy ourselves before we die.

And a point system for kills: 10 for headshot, 5 for anywhere else resulting in death, 2 for injury.

Let's face it though: It'll probably be in Asia area. The Middle East is more a guerilla war, and as such, unlikely to become a full blown world war.
  • Options
    J wrote:
    although such a threats does tend to keep the masses under control which is by and large a good thing for the entire human race...

No. They don't, I think we can plainly see that froms wars such os Korea, Vietanm (VERY nearly got Nuked. I mean, VERY nearly.), and of course, the Palestinians continue to fight Israel, Iraqi's continue to fight us, and well... Other Nations still continue to strive to gian them.

Nukes are nothing but a symbol of power. And they havea certain "Fuck you!" factor on the global political side. It is also not really a good thing that they can be used as a controlling method, as it is only controllnig for the Richer Nations. NK may have nukes, but the US has many times more. What are a couple of Korean Nukes to thousands of American ones? Bear in mind the Korean ones will be barley a fraction sa powerful as the world-destroying effects of the US's biggest ones.

I suppose a great decomissioning would be a wonderful thing. But many Nations would just get taken over then - if it were not for Nukes, I daresay by now America would have annihilated Russia completley.

And as for this US missile sheild? Even with it, the majority of Russian Nukes would get through. And let face it - they will be without it for years. It cannot even recognise their own weapons. Let alone foreign ones.

WW3 draws nearer with every minute. I get a funny fealing I will live through it - the prime time of my life shall be with a global war... Oh well, it's like a Human tradition, every generation must go through some shite wars.
  • Options
    I want to buy a Scud Launcher. Just to drive round town, seeing what folks do.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    WW3 draws nearer with every minute. I get a funny fealing I will live through it - the prime time of my life shall be with a global war... Oh well, it's like a Human tradition, every generation must go through some shite wars.

I don't think there will be a WW3 in our lifetime anyway. The creation of the UN and also the economic ties between countries means there's not that blind sovereignty and imperialism we've seen with the previous two wars. There's too much to lose by going to war with other powerful countries, hell America is finding it damn hard to do the job in Iraq.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    turlough wrote:
    I don't think there will be a WW3 in our lifetime anyway. The creation of the UN and also the economic ties between countries means there's not that blind sovereignty and imperialism we've seen with the previous two wars. There's too much to lose by going to war with other powerful countries, hell America is finding it damn hard to do the job in Iraq.
    Actually, I think there was something like the UN before WW2. When the war happened, it was considered that that organization had failed and so it was disbanded. I'm sure I remember my history teacher saying that if another world war happened the UN would get disbanded, as it would have failed.
  • Options
    Zalbor wrote:
    Actually, I think there was something like the UN before WW2. When the war happened, it was considered that that organization had failed and so it was disbanded. I'm sure I remember my history teacher saying that if another world war happened the UN would get disbanded, as it would have failed.

That would be the league of nations

It failed mainly because the US was involved in an isolationalist policy after WW1 and also internal disputes between the France and Britain (still colonial powers) meant that disputes couldn't have been settled properly. Also they couldn't have done nothing about Hitler anyway.