Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Scary Mitchells.....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Shouldn't laugh but.......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4403026.stm

I can't help it.....

:lol:

If this is true I assume she will be resingning honourably as editor of the S*n..... :rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    Of course domestic violence is no laughing matter but this really is very funny, I hope she gets sent down.
  • Options
    If they are breaking up expect a deluge of stories telling us about Ross Kemp's drug orgies, 3 in the bed romps and revealing pictures of his beer gut.
  • Options
    Given that the S*n had vigorously campaigned in the past (if memory serves) against domestic violence, then yes she should resign.

But given that her track record it's not too good so far (endlessly campaigning against "evil paedos" and even publishing their names and addresses, yet happily printing suggesting photos of underage girls for readers to fantasise over) I hardly expect her to do so...
  • Options
    New series... Ultimate Divorce...
  • Options
    I'm sure that none of us condone domestic abuse but I nearly pissed myself when I heard about this.

Firstly, you have a man, who portrays himself as a "hardman" in every role, being attacked by his wife.

Sedonly, you have the editor of a national paper which campagned against domestic violence being arrested for... domestic violence.

It doesn't get much better than that.

NB I agree Toadyborg, it will be interesting to see if she reaigns or if anything is made of this conflict or approaches anywhere else
  • Options
    Sadly the charges have been dropped. Shame really.
  • Options
    Sounds like something minor being blown out of proportion. I'd bet he's taking pelters from his pals over this as well. Having your wife arrested for bursting your lip? LOL.
  • Options
    shows the hypocracy really though - if a guy was to do that to a girlfriend people would tell her to leave him and how evil he is (which he would be) but since its the reverse it's a joke

she should resign imo fucking feminazi
  • Options
    I don't agree with the calls for her resignation.

But one can't help but be amused by her inevitable embarassment.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:

But one can't help but be amused by her inevitable embarassment.

ashaming her would be funny thing is she werent human before this inciden due to her being the editor of the sun
  • Options
    She's not human now? :confused:
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:

Why not?

She edits a paper which campaigns against domestic violence, feigns outrage at the incidents. Now she stands accused of being an abuser. It is irrelevant to the severity, or that charges have been dropped.

Or don't principles matter anymore? Her paper seems to think that they should be applied to politicians.doctors.priests etc, so why shouldn't they apply to her?
  • Options
    Why not?

She edits a paper which campaigns against domestic violence, feigns outrage at the incidents. Now she stands accused of being an abuser. It is irrelevant to the severity, or that charges have been dropped.

Or don't principles matter anymore? Her paper seems to think that they should be applied to politicians.doctors.priests etc, so why shouldn't they apply to her?
    Should people who work for the NHS be banned from smoking, and sacked if they smoke?
  • Options
    Nope.

Does the NHS refuse to support anyone else who does? Do we openinly condemn smokers?

Is smoking illegal now?
  • Options
    Nope.

Does the NHS refuse to support anyone else who does? Do we openinly condemn smokers?

Is smoking illegal now?
    Do you think her actions last night mean that she has changed her views on domestic violence?

I never read The Sun so I don't know what they've said in their campaigns.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    Should people who work for the NHS be banned from smoking, and sacked if they smoke?

they're quite different

one is a personal abuse, one is abuse of an other person
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    Do you think her actions last night mean that she has changed her views on domestic violence?

No.

Do I think that it makes her campaign against other people hypocritical? Yes. She cannot call for others to be treated harshly if she will not accept the same treatment in her own case. IMHO.
    I never read The Sun so I don't know what they've said in their campaigns.

It's actually a laudible campaign, which makes this case even more ironic. Domestic Violence is wrong, end of. Some letters printed have suggested that hanging is too good for perpetarors.

The Sun holds that view, or at least is happy to view voice to that view, so how can the person who ultimately decides what goes into the paper remain in post if she is guilty of the very act?
  • Options
    they're quite different

one is a personal abuse, one is abuse of an other person
    Ever heard of passive smoking?

The point is the the NHS as a whole campaigns against smoking. The Sun as a whole campaigns against domestic violence (which I think we can all agree is a bad thing). It's a different thing if she is convicted of a violent crime, but if no one has pressed charges, we don't know what actually happened. Was she fighting back, was he threatening her, did she mean to hit him? etc. So whilst all we have to go on is rumour and speculation, I think it would be unfair to demand her resignation.
  • Options
    Do I think that it makes her campaign against other people hypocritical? Yes. She cannot call for others to be treated harshly if she will not accept the same treatment in her own case. IMHO....how can the person who ultimately decides what goes into the paper remain in post if she is guilty of the very act?
    Does she call for the sacking of perpetrators of domestic violence, or just harsh punishment?

If she has not been convicted of a crime, it would be absurd for her to resign.
  • Options
    I don't think this should force her to resign either. It's hardly what i'd term 'domestic abuse' - it's not as if Kemp was beaten to a bloody pulp. So he argued with his wife and she hit him - big deal. I'm sure he's a big enough boy to handle it.

Probably his own sneaky way of getting back at her imo.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    I don't think this should force her to resign either. It's hardly what i'd term 'domestic abuse' - it's not as if Kemp was beaten to a bloody pulp. So he argued with his wife and she hit him - big deal.

So it isn't domestic abuse to punch your partner in the mouth?

Is that law, or just in your head?

:confused:
  • Options
    He should have let her have it. In my opinion, Rebekah Wade deserves everything she gets. If only it were Piers Morgan or David Yelland...
  • Options
    Have you heard of the terms 'conflict of interest', 'double standards' and 'hypocrisy' Kentish?

Given that she's in a position of power (some would argue of more power than anyone in the House of Commons bar the PM himself), and given that her and her newspaper are the first ones to demand resignations when a politician or other high ranking official is found to preach one thing and do another all together, it is only logical that she should go.

She should have gone long time ago anyway for being a racist, fascist, law breaking shit-stirring cunt, but that's another issue.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    The point is the the NHS as a whole campaigns against smoking.

Now, if the person who define the relevant NHS policy is a smoker, then I think you have a point...
  • Options
    So it isn't domestic abuse to punch your partner in the mouth?

Is that law, or just in your head?

:confused:

Look, it's quite clear what i meant.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Look, it's quite clear what i meant.

Way to not answer the question.

I'm sure many blokes would like to think that giving the wife a "little slap" here and there isn't domestic abuse.........
  • Options
    Way to not answer the question.

I'm sure many blokes would like to think that giving the wife a "little slap" here and there isn't domestic abuse.........

Ok, I'll answer your question. I don't view things through a legal perspective so it's "in my head".

Drunken bums beating their wives is different from Kemp's wife slapping his ugly mug during an argument. As I said, he's a big boy, I'm sure he isn't living his life in fear of his wife. Get a bit of perspective!
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Ok, I'll answer your question. I don't view things through a legal perspective so it's "in my head".

Drunken bums beating their wives is different from Kemp's wife slapping his ugly mug during an argument. As I said, he's a big boy, I'm sure he isn't living his life in fear of his wife. Get a bit of perspective!

Okay, so in your sexist head its okay for the wife to give her man a slap now and then.

:eek:
  • Options
    Spliffie, when you are posting on a thread where both peeps and I are in agreement against your POV, you really should reconsider if you POV is the right one ;)
  • Options
    Man of Kent, I remember having a prolonged debate with you over cannabis legalisation when i first joined this site, and that made me realise your judgement sucked balls. No offence :p

freethepeeps - look at it in perspective. If you can't draw the distinction between a wife/girlfriend slapping her husband/boyfriend during a heated argument and a man/woman beating their partner up then that's truly astonishing.