Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Heroin

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
    opiates would be my drug of choice if i didnt like them so much...
    :thumb:
    opiates would be my drug of choice if i didnt like them so much...

i cant deal with comedowns and paranoia anymore so i dont really think about taking anything else anymore...but that feeling, its just wonderful. I think your account of the effects was quite accurate (IMHO), even though my experiences have been mainly with IV/IM/Oral Pethidine. You could just stay there forever, everythings so wonderful and nothing can hurt you, nothing will hurt you, not the faintest hint of a comedown, just a wonderful after-glow for several hours afterward.

...which is an excellent reason for me to stay well away, i'd be in trouble if i could get hold of this regularly... :no:

Imagine a world where opiates were mass produced and and distributed without cost... :cool:
    Spliffie wrote:
    Imagine a world where opiates were mass produced and and distributed without cost... :cool:
    i think opium should be dished out to old people.
    that way ...you can sit them in the corner and let them drem all day ...much cheaper to feed and generaly look after.
    no pain in them old joints.
    less cost on medications.
    what a nice way to go.
    oh no!
    wnen you start nodding is whren you satrt visiting places ...opium places.
    adventures galore! semi awake ...in fantabulous lands.
    oh well.

I've heard about people's own little personal worlds although I didn't quite get as you're describing, just kind of like my mind was free from bother to just meander through the experience...

I regularly achieve a sort of similar state on weed, where thoughts just become fantastical and drift through your mind...I enjoy it to point of smoking every day, so with that similarity, heroin is something I'd treat with caution...especially in retrospect.
    Spliffie wrote:
    I've heard about people's own little personal worlds although I didn't quite get as you're describing, just kind of like my mind was free from bother to just meander through the experience...

I regularly achieve a sort of similar state on weed, where thoughts just become fantastical and drift through your mind...I enjoy it to point of smoking every day, so with that similarity, heroin is something I'd treat with caution...especially in retrospect.
    ahhh but the opium buzz ...if the bitch had stopped waking you up ...would have proved to be of a different order.

and no panicky moments ...ever.
    ahhh but the opium buzz ...if the bitch had stopped waking you up ...would have proved to be of a different order.

and no panicky moments ...ever.

True, but are the panicky moments not just part of what makes weed so brilliant?

I mean...as nice as smack is...looking back, it was like an etherel experience...you ain't truly "alive", whereas with weed your senses and mind are more alive than ever.

One question i've been wondering about...when coming off coke or e (fully down and ready to go to bed), is it physically safe to smoke skag? I've been staying off stimulants for months now, planning to keep them reserved for special occasions, and thinking of throwing skag in for the comedown maybe once a year (Hogmanay type thing perhaps) if it doesn't conflict with the effect of the uppers. Obviously doing them at the same time is seriously dodgy...
    Many a person has got a habit that way.
    id just avoid it now if i were you.
    Youve tried it. Youve had the experience. its over. dont do it again, not even for special occasions.
    seriously ...i can't remember for the life of me why i took those risks.

probably because it was so long ago...