Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sad or infuriating?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kentish wrote:

Alcohol and social inequality are not valid reasons for violence against medics.
    when i were a lad ...long long ago ...anyone who ended up fighting and cuasing general mayhem were considered to be people who couldn't hold their drink ...the social stigma that went with that was generaly enough to keep the drinkers under a level of control.
    the idiots who couldn't hold their drink usualy found it very difficult to find friends to drink with or pubs that would serve them ...so what went wrong?
  • Options
    The every-man-for-himself society.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    The every-man-for-himself society.
    that damn womans fault again!
  • Options
    :yes:
  • Options
    The obvious question is will it work?

I think it will work to reassure the crew than actually stop that many knife blows. As long as it doesn't drop the crews general awareness to danger then that's fine I think.

Most attacks with something sharp wind up hitting limbs though.

As for the whole "environment to blame stuff" I agree that it's a good guide for building better in the future, but right now we have an adult we need to sort out. Ingrained habits are tough to change without that person's co-operation, and even with it the process isn't always easy. Quite how you are going to re-organise a person's worldview on the way to hospital I have no idea.

Oh and one more thing, people in pain sometimes lash out because of the pain, it's kind of instinctual fight or flight thing. I know this become I am one of them. As you can gather I am not naturally violent, deploring it totally. Most people who know me know to go nowhere near the deranged shouting thing I become when seriously injured. I really do "lose my mind" in such situations.
  • Options
    Like I said Blagsta, understanding is one thing.

Using it to mitigate attacking an ambulance is another.

Who's done that?
  • Options
    it is very sad, but think about it; a paramedic is called to a domestic violence incident, and the husband is stabbing the wife. this hasn't ever changed its not a new sign that this world is becoming worse. this world has always been this way, it's just now that the media seems to have more control than the goverment on changing what people think and scaring them into doing things.