Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Happy Birthday Maggie!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Tommorow, Thursday 13 October 2005, is the 80th birthday of Margaret Thatcher, Britain's Greatest Prime Minister since Winston Churchill.

I'd like to be the first person on this forum to congratulate her, wish her best wishes, and thank her for the many great things she did for this country. May she continue to enjoy a long and healthy life.

Comments

• Options
    True Blue wrote:
    Tommorow, Thursday 13 October 2005, is the 80th birthday of Margaret Thatcher, Britain's Greatest Prime Minister since Winston Churchill.

I'd like to be the first person on this forum to congratulate her, wish her best wishes, and thank her for the many great things she did for this country. May she continue to enjoy a long and healthy life.

Couldnn't we wait until it is her birthday - its kind of customary that way

ETA - also do you think she'll be reading 'The Site'
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    Couldnn't we wait until it is her birthday - its kind of customary that way
    I was too excited to wait, besides I'm not too sure whether I'll be around tomorrow and I didn't want to miss wishing the Great Lady birthday wishes.
  • Options
    besides I'm not too sure whether I'll be around tomorrow

Labour party meeting?
  • Options
    True Blue wrote:

Does anyone else think Rich Kid is trying to fire as many shots as possible before the mods notice him? :D
  • Options
    True Blue wrote:

RK?
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Does anyone else think Rich Kid is trying to fire as many shots as possible before the mods notice him? :D

Similar writing style :chin:
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:

I posted before i saw your post :D

Great minds....
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Happy Birthday to the greatest killer of British Industry ever!

Thanks to her we manufacture nothing anymore, and all our stuff is abroad. Yay.
  • Options
    And let us remember how wonderfully she created an inherent unemployed class in Britain which is now manifested in the common chav, was best buddies with that great Chilean humanitarian, General Pinochet, and used the Falklands as a way to secure another term in office!

I'm so excited I almost forgot to pass gas.
  • Options
    :birthday:

I can't help but be reminded of that song by The Expoloited, how'd it go again? I think it was to the tune of...

"MAGGIE, maggie you cunt, MAGGIE, maggie you cunt, MAGGIE, maggie you cunt, MAGGIE MAGGIE MAGGIE MAGGIE, you fucking cunt!

then a guitar starts rocking really hard!
  • Options
    Margaret Thatcher was and still is, undoubtedly the greatest Prime Minister since Churchill. Her government made mistakes of cause, but they changed the face of Britain forever, and largely for the better. Regardless of what these morons who I doubt were out of their nappys before she resigned make of her, she will be go down well in history.
  • Options
    How old are you BS?
  • Options
    Elvis Costello can be content that she's one year closer to the fulfillment of his long awaited ambition to "Stamp the Dirt Down". :thumb:
  • Options
    rick kid ...my bloods boiling ...i'm going to take a tablet ...
  • Options
    Rich Kid! oh man i forgot all about him... I miss the guy, say what you will about the mans politics, but he was a Ramones fan. :crying:
    ;)

but seriously what ever happened to that guy?
  • Options
    Yes, all these years later and my grandparents are still fuming over the poll tax. She ruined everything. Christ. She took away milk from the kids at playtime :|
  • Options
    sold the family silver by way of textiles heavy manufacturing ...mining ...even the nations oil got flogged!
    replaced manufacturing with heroin supplied by the ship load for the first time ever to this country ...by rich iranians fleeing with bank accounts and powder ...when the sha was toppled.

i hope the demented old bat rots in hell.
  • Options
    sold the family silver by way of textiles heavy manufacturing ...mining ...even the nations oil got flogged!
    replaced manufacturing with heroin supplied by the ship load for the first time ever to this country ...by rich iranians fleeing with bank accounts and powder ...when the sha was toppled.

I bet world poverty is her fault aswell. I guess it's true what they say, some people DO blame everything on Thatcher.
  • Options
    How old are you Born Slippy?
  • Options
    I bet world poverty is her fault aswell. I guess it's true what they say, some people DO blame everything on Thatcher.
    not everything but for more damage to this nation than one person and party should ever have been allowed to get away with.
  • Options
    She is a remarkable woman. And the best lover I've ever had :D
  • Options
    Regardless of what these morons who I doubt were out of their nappys before she resigned

Want to tell everyone how old you were when she resigned?

Thought not. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    How old are you Born Slippy?
    sorry to say it but your wasteing your time buddy. Slippy has a habbit of ignoring people that respond to him. Matter of fact I think I am still waiting for his replie to several of my posts over the near year I've been round...

Over to you Slippy.
  • Options
    Oh no, I had an interesting PM conversation with him that told me all I need to know. It would however be a breach of ettiquete to post it in public.

Over to you Born Slippy...
  • Options
    How old were you during the time of the paris commune and spanish civil war?
  • Options
    I wasn't born. Your point being?
  • Options
    True Blue wrote:

She's still alive, is she? I swore I lived with her evil reincarnation in mu last year of university, that must have just been some other hateful crone with "certain" views
  • Options
    she done loads of good things as well as loads of crap things - bit like most 'strong' leaders
  • Options
    Examples?
  • Options
    privitisation of BA being one