Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Chimp: "God told me to invade Iraq"

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kentish wrote:
    Anyone that doesn't subscribe to your worldview.
    And what exactly would my 'worldwiew' encompass? Are we talking politics, religion or something else here?
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    It seems bigoted against anyone who isnt a confirmed atheist.
    I'm an atheist

not that I've been confirmed or anything ! :hyper:
  • Options
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    If it was anyone else who heard voices, they'd be fucknig locked up for it.

Even if the REAL Jesus, if he exists/existed came back now, and proclaimed he was the son of God, he'd be locked up.

GWB is a twatard. But, we knew this already. All that drug and alcohol abuse catching up with his mind, see? :lol:
  • Options
    Oh lord, not this again. How do you know with absolute certainty that GWB heard voices in his head? I've not seen any report of it. Communicating with God does not mean that there are imaginary voices in your head - it can be as simple as feeling peaceful over a difficult decision.

Incidentally, I hate hate hate defending GWB.
    One thing is claiming to 'speak to God', which is perfectly possible (prayer) and another thing is claiming that God talks to you. And not just 'talking' in an allegorical sense. Actually speaking to you and giving you specific orders.

If Bush has really claimed that God has told him to invade Iraq and Afghanistan it can only be assumed here the man has heard the Lord Almighty's voice in his head telling him so. How on earth else could it be???

I'm sorry, this is beyond religious beliefs. God doesn't speak to people and advise them on their jobs. Anyone who claims God has given them specific instructions to do this or that is simply not quite right in the head, or lying.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    God doesn't speak to people and advise them on their jobs. Anyone who claims God has given them specific instructions to do this or that is simply not quite right in the head, or lying.
    true.
    ihave no reason to doubt the story given the stuff GWB has spouted in the past.
    if J hears voices we all get concerned for him ...if the leader of the western world hears voices ...we should all be concerned for ourselves.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    And what exactly would my 'worldwiew' encompass? Are we talking politics, religion or something else here?
    If you actually read the article, he is quoted as saying nothing of the sort.

You've just twisted it to a) make Bush look stupid/mad/"retarded" b) make anyone who believes in God look stupid/mad/"retarded".

You'd be the first to whinge if it was the reverse situation cos you're a bigot.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    I think that's probably more likely what he means if he has ever said the God talks to him.

So Bush prayed to see if he should invade Iraq or not? What a great way to decide foreign policy.
    Kentish wrote:
    This thread does seem unpleasantly bigoted though.

Against who? Nutters who think they talk to God and then go on to invade a country?
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    So Bush prayed to see if he should invade Iraq or not? What a great way to decide foreign policy.

Against who? Nutters who think they talk to God and then go on to invade a country?
    these people should be given sympathy and understanding ...they are damaged goods.
    the trouble is ...these people arte in charge!

so the sympathy shouldb be directed at the people ...the victims ....of having killers thievesse and lawyers in command of the planet surely?

the fact thgat people who hear voices are possiblty in command of our only spaceship ...is surely ndscary?
  • Options
    What religion does Bush claim to be (if any)?

As a Christian (and presumable people of other faiths would feel the same) it is completely unviable that a loving God would make a demand that would end in such blood shed.

I don't doubt that Bush prayed on the war issue but I really doubt that God would have been the one who answered with such a response. Maybe it was his own imagination.
  • Options
    bush is deluded because god would never tell him to go and blow up thousands of iraqis, that's not what god's about.......simple.........quite apart from the fact that bush is in fact a satanist, on that one i'm pretty convinced, the whole christian spiel is just to get the fundamentalists onboard, god knows there's enough of them in america.......scuse the pun.
  • Options
    apollo_69 wrote:
    quite apart from the fact that bush is in fact a satanist, on that one i'm pretty convinced, .

:lol:
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    :lol:

it would be funny if it wasn't so scary :nervous: .........indoors on a friday night blagsta? what's your excuse?
  • Options
    Oh come on, Satanism is a joke. It's what sad provincial metal/goth kids do to shock their parents.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Blagsta wrote:
    Oh come on, Satanism is a joke. It's what sad provincial metal/goth kids do to shock their parents.

Satanism is a real thing.

However, it has been tarnished by goth/emo kids and become something of a joke and abused by them. They do not even understnad it.

Sigh.
  • Options
    i know where you're coming from and yes for some kids it's a cool fad..........but if you believe in heaven then you believe in hell, if there's a god then there's a devil........it's no secret i'm a christian, so why wouldn't i believe in satanism?........
  • Options
    Yes, because even as we speak Bush is personally sacrificing some babies... :nervous:

For Gods sake man, get a grip.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Satanism is a real thing.

However, it has been tarnished by goth/emo kids and become something of a joke and abused by them. They do not even understnad it.

Sigh.

What you mean Anton La Vay or whatever his name is? Don't make me laugh.
  • Options
    apollo_69 wrote:
    i know where you're coming from and yes for some kids it's a cool fad..........but if you believe in heaven then you believe in hell, if there's a god then there's a devil........it's no secret i'm a christian, so why wouldn't i believe in satanism?........

Because its all metaphor. God, the Devil, heaven, hell etc. Its not actually real.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Because its all metaphor. God, the Devil, heaven, hell etc. Its not actually real.

you speak with a certain self-assuredness (if that's not a word excuse me i'm pissed), but how would you know with such certainty what is and is not real, unless you are the omnipresent one?.......please enlighten me.
  • Options
    Errr...there is no evidence for the existence of god or the devil.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Errr...there is no evidence for the existence of god or the devil.

spoken like a true atheist.........neither is there evidence disproving the existence of god or the devil.......or have i missed something? what gives your statement more credibility than mine? science? i'd like to point out the crux of faith in god is that his existence cannot be proved, or what faith would be required?........
  • Options
    Occam's Razor innit.
  • Options
    sounds like a cop out to me.........if god wanted to be so obviously predictable then why give man free choice in the first place?.......you have chosen the easy way out, only time will tell which one of us is a buffoon.
  • Options
    sounds like you're arguing in circles to me
  • Options
    if i am arguing in circles it is because you cannot get past the circular argument i have presented........if the great theologians cannot come to a solid conclusion what hope do we have? all i know is what i feel, an undeniable presence that has guided me throughout my life and will continue to do so because i have the belief......i only wish you could know how comforting that is.........but i'm afraid i must leave it here for now, because i have just downloaded the new episode of lost that i've been dying to see, bon soir........
  • Options
    apollo_69 wrote:
    if i am arguing in circles it is because you cannot get past the circular argument i have presented.

More circular arguing. Give it up, logic ain't yer strong point is it?
  • Options
    i don't think your argument is any stronger than mine let's put it that way.......i would say i'm a fairly logical creature where it's relevant.......life isn't always logical blagsta, just like girls and religion, the sooner you understand that the sooner you get a clearer perspective on life........it's not black and white.
  • Options
    you're saying - there is no evidence of god because god wants it that way, so that is proof of god

and

you think I'm arguing in circles because I am arguing in circles

Really, it makes NO SENSE
  • Options
    apollo_69 wrote:
    life isn't always logical blagsta, just like girls and religion, the sooner you understand that the sooner you get a clearer perspective on life........it's not black and white.

Patronising fuck.

Correction - patronising sexist fuck.

P.S.
    Debate should make sense, otherwise whats the point?