Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Next stop -------IRAN!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    no, never really belived it. I mean to be fair they are taking it more seriously now, the crop destroying anyway but they are leaving th ebig drugs barons alone so its kinda pointless really.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    no, never really belived it. I mean to be fair they are taking it more seriously now, the crop destroying anyway but they are leaving th ebig drugs barons alone so its kinda pointless really.

The big drug barons who are backed by the CIA you mean. Political support for the US in exchange for annihilating any progressive movements.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    C.I.A ...cocaine importers anonymous.

recreational drugs are the biggest BIGGEST ...ever cash earner in history.
    the uk alone spends possibly up to eleven billion pounds a year on them.
    with so many tax free and largley untraceable billions available ...no one in their right mind is going to stop it.
    if the american government or its secret services need hard cash to fund something without asking congress or divulging what they are up to ...they use drugs money.
    who wouldn't?
    now the USA has contorl of kabul ...it has openly dished out millions upon millions of dollars to the war lords ...where conditions for women have generaly gotten worse ...the money is to buy guns and motors etc ...not swimming pools ...the warlords with all these billions and all this new weaponry ...control the opium production ...which the taliban had almost eradicated so ...the situation we npow have is ...the USA funding the biggest opum crop in history. why is that do you think?
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I thought everyone knew.

Oh well, just shows ignorance prevails. And as long as they get the money, guess it will.
  • Options
    aye well. It varies form government to government and the federal system doesnt help. One lot does one thing, one lot does another. CIA supports the drug trade. The FBI and TAF try and stop it. Democrats go anti-drugs but limit what they do internationally. Republicans say anit-drugs but the administrations support them if it helps them ala Regan.

Mind you if you do want some cash and the drugs industry is the problem in your side, as immoral as it is, its damn clever to just take over the whole thing. Mind you, that is a bit of an exaggeration. The whole thing is so huge no to stop. I mean, the only way it can be was like in afghanistan where they had a brutal fundmentalist regime, herion production went to zero, the get disposed and its back to business. Hell of a choice.
  • Options
    I think I saw an interview with an Iranian interior minister who said it's not in their law or way of life or religion or something to use nuclear stuff for weapons purposes...so I don't really see the problem.

Iran isn't really a threat...in any way, shape or form...why invade is the question?
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    I think I saw an interview with an Iranian interior minister who said it's not in their law or way of life or religion or something to use nuclear stuff for weapons purposes...so I don't really see the problem.

Iran isn't really a threat...in any way, shape or form...why invade is the question?

Ask the same of Iraq. We SHOULD be invading NK, imho.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Ask the same of Iraq. We SHOULD be invading NK, imho.

Not really, fair enough they might have nuclear weapons but in real terms, I don't see them as any more of a threat than America, Israel, India or any other country with these weapons...have they made their intentions clear they want to attack us or something like that? If so, news to me.
  • Options
    Ok, i meant if we invade anywhere. :p I'd rahter there was no war, as there are no winners in war, only losers. Kim might be mad. But he knows he can't start any wars without being crushed by China from one side and the US from the other.
  • Options
    And the US know better than to be meddling about Chinas waters aswell