Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Guys and falling asleep

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Once, twice yeah can accept, I know we all do ti sometimes, not saying I aint guilty of it myself in the past...but not everytime.
  • Options
    Kazbo wrote:
    Once, twice yeah can accept, I know we all do ti sometimes, not saying I aint guilty of it myself in the past...but not everytime.
    Just start calling him selfish and he'll ask why then tell him :p Or put up with it :(
  • Options
    I can honestly say I have never fallen asleep after sex. I don't even feel that tired to be honest so unless it was 1 in the morning and I'd just done it then I can't see it happening.

I can't see how someone can be so tired that they just can't stop themselves falling asleep, but if that does happen then it's quite unfair for him to get his and then leave you be.

He obviously knows he's going to get tired after, so why doesn't he pay attention to you first?
    The advice to get your's first sounds good! ;)
  • Options
    Just start calling him selfish and he'll ask why then tell him :p Or put up with it :(

That's easier said then done, I think my g/f is rather selfish in bed, but I find it so hard to say anything. I work on things in subtle ways and try and get her to be a little less selfish. Sometimes I feel like just saying exactly how I feel but I know it will cause serious problems and then probably end up with me getting nothing at all :(
  • Options

But thats harsh cos he's the least selfish guy you'll ever come across in any other way..although think I did kinda shock him that I whinged we hadn't actually had sex for nearly 3 weeks...he hadn't realised :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Kazbo wrote:
    But thats harsh cos he's the least selfish guy you'll ever come across in any other way..although think I did kinda shock him that I whinged we hadn't actually had sex for nearly 3 weeks...he hadn't realised :rolleyes:

same here, my g/f is the kindest and least selfish person in every other way, just not in the bedroom :(

makes it hard to have a go when they're like that, you just think you should be greatful for the way they are the rest of the time.
  • Options
    Kazbo wrote:
    Why is it that guys think that once they've come they can roll over and go to sleep. Or even if they don't do that the favour isn't repayed and they just decide to get on with something else and ignore you?

hehe, I read this thread and giggled, cos I have the opposite problem! :lol: When we've finished etc.. my boyfriiend wants cuddles and kisses and sweet talk. I get bored after about 5 minutes of this and want to get up and dressed, but he won't have any of it. Have we reveresed roles in our relationship or something? Have I become a man and just don't know it?! Eeeek! :shocking:
  • Options
    hehe, I read this thread and giggled, cos I have the opposite problem! :lol: When we've finished etc.. my boyfriiend wants cuddles and kisses and sweet talk. I get bored after about 5 minutes of this and want to get up and dressed, but he won't have any of it. Have we reveresed roles in our relationship or something? Have I become a man and just don't know it?! Eeeek! :shocking:

Ha, maybe you have because, what he wants is what i want, and my boyfriend is just like you i get, 'i dont really wanna talk about it right now, trying to watch tv, i just want to chill out' So i just have to lay in his arms and accept it after a little moan. :( Men!
  • Options
    Oh for God's sake people. I feel it's time for a little biology lesson to try and explain this. Jesus tap-dancing Christ.

Ok. Fig.1 - the man. After a man has sex and thus ejaculates his body thinks, shit, gotta make more sperm pronto. The body thinks, hmm..., what would the best environment to make more sperm as quickly as possible? The best environment, as it turns out, is the same environment your body uses to repair muscles and any other routine maintenance your body needs - sleep.

Realising this, the male body, or more accurately, the brain, releases melatonin which is the sleep hormone so that the balls can get on with it. Thus a man who falls asleep after not only is trying to ensure that he can make sure he's impregnated you good and proper later, but is also just obeying his brain, his body and all the chemicals swimming around in it.

I hope this helps. I hope that a humble Russian and Spanish student has shown the ladies that they shouldn't get pissed off at their men.
  • Options
    Biology....always an excuse :chin: :chin: :hyper: :hyper:
  • Options
    It ain't an excuse. It's all genetics. We wanna sleep, you wanna stay up all night talking about puppies.

And right there, my friends, is the fundamental difference between the genders; sleep or puppies.
  • Options
    It ain't an excuse. It's all genetics. We wanna sleep, you wanna stay up all night talking about puppies.

And right there, my friends, is the fundamental difference between the genders; sleep or puppies.

if only it werent true..... :D
  • Options
    leese wrote:
    Biology....always an excuse :chin: :chin: :hyper: :hyper:

You can scratch your chin all you bloody like. It's not just an excuse. It's scientific fact.
  • Options
    Okay the chin stroking was irony. We all know biology is essential , I must work on my smiliesish - do have an itchy chin though.
  • Options
    Oh for God's sake people. I feel it's time for a little biology lesson to try and explain this. Jesus tap-dancing Christ.

Ok. Fig.1 - the man. After a man has sex and thus ejaculates his body thinks, shit, gotta make more sperm pronto. The body thinks, hmm..., what would the best environment to make more sperm as quickly as possible? The best environment, as it turns out, is the same environment your body uses to repair muscles and any other routine maintenance your body needs - sleep.

Realising this, the male body, or more accurately, the brain, releases melatonin which is the sleep hormone so that the balls can get on with it. Thus a man who falls asleep after not only is trying to ensure that he can make sure he's impregnated you good and proper later, but is also just obeying his brain, his body and all the chemicals swimming around in it.

I hope this helps. I hope that a humble Russian and Spanish student has shown the ladies that they shouldn't get pissed off at their men.

Maybe but then why the hell is it other times he can quite happily get up switch the laptop on and play on that, tiday his room, or go to they gym etc?

Although saying this, I have a strange suspicion he read this thread cos he's been much better since :lol:
  • Options
    Ignoring a girl after sex is a sign of not feeling emotional attachment...I feel absolutely no desire for that sort of thing if it's just a casual shag.
  • Options
    Russian and Spanish? A hit with the laydees?
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    Russian and Spanish? A hit with the laydees?

You bet. A hit with all the ladies in Spanish-speaking and Russian-speaking countries which comes to about 600 million people. Oh yes.

I'm guessing, and this is a guess, that you av, or at least the picture on the left of it, means you were a medic or have something to do with medicine. Not the sexiest subject ever aside from the ability to obtain prescription drugs!
  • Options
    Sleeping after sex..lol not straight after it! I mean maybe within the next hour if that still counts? I normally kiss and cuddle her for 10-15 minutes, and then just stick close and cuddle her for another 15 mins..then ask her if she's gonna come for a cigarette with me..freeze my balls off outside and then theres another excuse to get close to her hehe :D I'll normally go to sleep in bout an hour after...depending on what time though!
  • Options
    Lots of Reasons

Couple ways to look at this. Some guys are disrespectful and going to sleep after sex may be a good indication. Some guys are so comfortable with the girl that they feel free to go asleep without rejection. If you don't like it talk to him about it. If he hasn't satisfied you completely before taking a nap then I think it's time to seriously assess his future value to you. He may not be into you and falling asleep is a good indication. You may not be anymore to him that a piece of meat and you need to make a decision on this one. Every guy is different. Finding the right one may not be an easy task. Frankly when I am with my girl the last thing in the world I want to do is fall asleep and miss out on something. :no:
  • Options
    sometimes there's a medical reason involved, my man has a wonky heart valve, and can sometimes be unbelievably tired after intercourse. I just let him sleep, and he kisses me while I uhh... work my buttons. :p

it isn't always like that though, generally what happens is during orgasm most men hold their breath, which makes them tired, and thus they don't have much energy (if any) left. Also if you're going at it fast and vigourously, then yeah, he's going to be quite tired.

Also depends somewhat on cardiovascular health. As previously mentioned bf has a heart condition. it isn't serious but he does need to be monitored every 2 years with an ECG, if the condition gets worse he'll need surgery to correct it, HOWEVER, due to this issue, he doesn't like being ontop too much as he'll tire faster, and once he orgasms, that's it. He holds his breath during orgasm, so combine that with a heart condition, and boom, instant fatigue.

He doesn't like it, but I'd rather he rest up than over exert himself. :yes:
  • Options
    You bet. A hit with all the ladies in Spanish-speaking and Russian-speaking countries which comes to about 600 million people. Oh yes.

I'm guessing, and this is a guess, that you av, or at least the picture on the left of it, means you were a medic or have something to do with medicine. Not the sexiest subject ever aside from the ability to obtain prescription drugs!
    If my natural wit and charm fail, the ability to obtain prescription drugs has them lapping at my feet. :D
  • Options
    my boyfriend fell a sleep while he was still inside me that that was because it was the 5th time that night and we were so drunk but then when i moved to get him out of me he woke up and said where are you going ive not finished yet lol i was shocked he wantted it again it was as if he didnt realise he fell a sleep
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    If my natural wit and charm fail, the ability to obtain prescription drugs has them lapping at my feet. :D

You charmer Kentish!

I bet Rohypnol goes down a hit with the ladies!
  • Options
    this post is like 2 months old, sabby, read the rules about posting on old threads, they are dated for a reason.
  • Options
    You charmer Kentish!

I bet Rohypnol goes down a hit with the ladies!
    Never fails to "charm". ;)
  • Options
    the ability to obtain prescription drugs has them lapping at my feet.

Get hold of the liquid suspension of amoxicillin and I'm yours :yum: :flirt:
  • Options
    go_away wrote:
    Get hold of the liquid suspension of amoxicillin and I'm yours :yum: :flirt:
    Strawberry or lemon? A bargain at £6.50
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    Hey, ive only ever tried banana flavour. :(
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:

The one that tastes of yellow :D